or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated... - Page 78

post #2311 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

You skipped 75  Pages of WHAT ?!?

LOL I sure hope that's a Typo

This tread is only 77 pages long, (so far) and has been around for over 10 Years
Scotch almost never mentioned up until Page 70, and only really shows up frequently in the last 7 pages
and only over the past 9-10 months ...that's less than 10% by my calculations.

Never dis another mans drink, his woman or his ride, specially when you're a new guest in our little pub.

I drink beer too, as well as wine, tequilla, vodka, rum, gin, rye, bourbon ... in fact I dont' discriminate against anyone's choice of beverage
and I am more than willing to try anything at least once. The one thing I do find lately is that I do have expensive taste. Better cost more and its Worth it! (IMHO)

anyway I wont rant too long as I'm three sheets to the wind right now

cheers! redface.gif  

I skipped through 75 pages to get to the most recent postings so I knew what I was posting was relevant.. I certainly didn't "dis" anyone or their drink. I saw a lot of Scotch talk on 76 and 77 and was hoping my beer post would be welcomed on this thread!

Sorry if that offended you or anyone else; I had no intentions of trying to start a fight. I'll offer to delete my post if it is too much of a problem here.
post #2312 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post


anyway I wont rant too long as I'm three sheets to the wind right now
 

Three sheets to the wind? OK had to look it up on the Urban Dictionary on the Internet, this gave me a chuckle.

“Sheets actually refer to the ropes that are used to secure a ship's sail. If the 3 ropes used were loose in the wind, the sail would flop around, causing the ship to wobble around, much like a drunk.

Margo was three sheets to the wind by the time we made it to Doug's party, judging by her inability to keep her clothes on.”
post #2313 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtyr View Post


I skipped through 75 pages to get to the most recent postings so I knew what I was posting was relevant.. I certainly didn't "dis" anyone or their drink. I saw a lot of Scotch talk on 76 and 77 and was hoping my beer post would be welcomed on this thread!

Sorry if that offended you or anyone else; I had no intentions of trying to start a fight. I'll offer to delete my post if it is too much of a problem here.

 

No problem, maybe I read it wrong

 

It "read" like you just skipped over 75 pages of boring Scotch snob talk to make a beer post,

I was trying to make sure you knew it's most certainly not limited to Scotch.

 

I never even seriously tried it myself until about this time last year, but I am more than familiar with the term "Scotch Snob"

...and I have to admit I understand where it comes from.

 

All talk is welcomed here, only thread on the forum that has no bickering or disagreements (pretty cool for being so old)

post #2314 of 2453
Okay! Sorry for any issues, I was just trying to admit I didn't read everything. Just wanted to catch up and share some of my favorites.

It is something I'd like to try some day, I just can't tolerate hard liquor when I've tried it recently. What would be good to try?
post #2315 of 2453
I got what you meant smile.gif was probably "read" wrong. I'm always pissed at my keyboard for not translating my tone properly biggrin.gif
post #2316 of 2453

Wow was I ever off the mark, my sincere apologies for taking that the wrong way.

 

It's funny to read ones drunken ramblings the next day when your stone cold sober LOL!

 

...amazingly I did pretty good with my spelling and punctuation though :D

 

 

Cheers' Mates'

....Old and New ;)

post #2317 of 2453
Just a simple crown black on some ice tonight. Man i love booze :-)
post #2318 of 2453
Drinking Mirror Pond from Bend, OR and enjoying the football game.

Cheers!
post #2319 of 2453
The countdown is ovah! Time to par-ty.biggrin.gif


post #2320 of 2453

Nice of you to pop in for a Visit Wabo, Cheer's Buddy!

 

Enjoying a nice Cheese & Spinach thin crust pizza tonite,

and some of Mom's home-made wine, a rich red Vieux Chateau Du Roi...

 

I gave my parents my old wine kit two years ago and thought they would enjoy it

They are old school retired in their 70's and make everything from scratch so I knew this would be a great project

...they now have a 300+ bottle cellar and are absolutely addicted.

post #2321 of 2453
It's a bloody mary morning. Watching Paul McCartney's "RockShow" nursing a hangover and getting ready to do it all again when the Bills pound the Jets!
post #2322 of 2453

Slumming it tonight lol

 

on sale and could resist...Jim Beam Devil's Cut Bourbon, lots of ice, splash of coke...Yum!

 

 

 

post #2323 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

Slumming it tonight lol

on sale and could resist...Jim Beam Devil's Cut Bourbon, lots of ice, splash of coke...Yum!





Man, you and I are sometimes scarily in tune, at least in terms of what we drink at the same time. I tried the Devil's Cut on Saturday night as a night cap while I was in Minneapolis. Drank it straight though and all it did was re-affirm that I'm not much of a Bourbon drinker.

Did have a bit of a heyday of buying stateside though.



I found this gift pack, nearly identical to the one you showed several pages back and was able to snag it for $29. I wanted to give the Glenmorangie group a shot and this was by far the most economical way to do so.

I also snagged a bottle of Glenfarclas 12 year old at $49.99, $10 off the regular price.



Was also in Minneapolis in time for Surlyfest and managed to pick up that plus the Wet, Hell and Bender ales.

Grabbed this pic for representation. I actually still have one can of Furious at home from last visit and I've had the Cynic plenty of times.

post #2324 of 2453
Having a nice Bear Republic Cafe Race 15. Yum!

I saw a commercial for the Devil's Cut....sounded like they were saying they squeezed it out of old barrels. Maybe I misunderstood but I'm skeered to try it!

I might have a wee bit o' Lagavulin after this, though smile.gif
post #2325 of 2453

Mo' you and I would be good neighborhood pub Buddies if we were closer no doubt.

 

Nice score on your latest trip!  Cant wait to hear your thoughts on your new samples.

 

 

Devils Cut  is a step up from the standard Jim Beam and Jack Daniels bottlings

but still far from a well aged Single Barrel Bourbon if you intend to take it neat.

Definitely needs some ice and cola when you pay less than $30/bottle lol!

 

Single Barrel Bourbons and Whiskey's can be quite enjoyable straight, but they don't come cheap.

 

A year ago I would have never known the difference,

 

but after a year of single malt scotch experience I cant even stand the nose of Jack Daniels

...like Ralfy says "it smells of plastic model glue" and that is forever burned into my sensory receptors now.

 

Like I said previously, I now understand where the term "Scotch Snob" comes from,

Once you've sampled something from the "top shelf" it's very hard to go back.

 

Ralfy recently reviewed some Bourbon's and I have Wild Turkey and Four Roses on my list to try next.

 

 

 

I've seen both locally for under $50 so with Winter just around the corner I think its time to expand my horizons and try them.

post #2326 of 2453
I'm buying some bourbon soon to, This is what I'm looking to get! I also have been watching Ralfy.



Edited by Narcotics - 9/25/13 at 3:54am
post #2327 of 2453

I'll be keeping an eye out for Elijah Craig for sure,

Have not seen that one at my usually stop but I'm sure the big store will have it.

 

Gotta Love Ralfy

 

this one totally cracked me up:

 

 


Edited by PioManiac - 9/25/13 at 9:21am
post #2328 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

I'll be keeping an eye out for Elijah Craig for sure,
Have not seen that one at my usually stop but I'm sure the big store will have it.

Gotta Love Ralfy

this one totally cracked me up:


 

LMFAO!
post #2329 of 2453
Just put my EXPEDIT together!

SAM_2539_zps8d0b20f2.jpg

SAM_2540_zpsf3d15f28.jpg

SAM_2538_zps0fbfe580.jpg
post #2330 of 2453

Perfect!

 

Glad to see that worked out so well for you!

 

Thumbs Up Mate'

 

How's the Yamazaki?

 

I've been meaning to try that , it scored quite high with the Malt Maniacs

 

http://www.maltmaniacs.net/awards/

post #2331 of 2453
Knob creek single barrel 9 year on the menu this evening...good stuff. And thats a nice setup narcotics, like the Bruce Lee art too
post #2332 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

Perfect!

Glad to see that worked out so well for you!

Thumbs Up Mate'

How's the Yamazaki?

I've been meaning to try that , it scored quite high with the Malt Maniacs

http://www.maltmaniacs.net/awards/

Yamazaki Sherry Cask is like a sweet sherry chocolate coffee with a lot of other things going on it's a sexy dram!

The 18 is simply beautiful, Sexy sherry woody spiced raisins & vanilla zest, Very well balanced With a long finish & is beautiful on the nose!
Edited by Narcotics - 9/27/13 at 2:39am
post #2333 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcotics View Post

Just put my EXPEDIT together!

SAM_2539_zps8d0b20f2.jpg

SAM_2540_zpsf3d15f28.jpg

SAM_2538_zps0fbfe580.jpg

That looks absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing!
post #2334 of 2453
Today i'm chilling with some strawberry vodka ice cream! Just wish I had some chocolate syrup left to swirl around the glass.

post #2335 of 2453
Crown black and still in disbelief the bills beat the ravens yesterday
post #2336 of 2453
Disaronno, Vodka & Monin Cherry Syrup with a dash of Lemonade!

post #2337 of 2453
I had a bad day and was whining, so a friend brought me this last night. She said she didn't bring the cheese because she didn't know for sure which I liked biggrin.gif
post #2338 of 2453

FRIDAY!!!!

 

 

Well I found quite a selection in the Bourbon Isle today:

Knob Creek, Four Roses, Elijah Craig, Evan Williams and about a dozen others I've never heard of before.

 

I finally settled on a Blanton's Single Barrel, small batch 93 proof

So good it "almost" rivals some of the higher end single malt scotch.

 

 

I won't be mixing any coke or ice into this amber nectar....just a small splash of water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taken from the center-cut or middle sections of the famous Warehouse H, Blanton’s Original was once designated for ambassadors,

dignitaries, and Colonel Blanton’s family and friends. Today, everyone has access to the world’s first single barrel bourbon.

The taste profile is sweet with citrus and oak. A creamy vanilla nose features hints of nuts, caramel, orange and light chocolate.

Blanton’s Original set the standard for single barrel bourbons. Best served neat or on the rocks. 46.5% alcohol by volume.

 

Type: Bourbon Whiskey
Recipe: Corn - Rye - Malted Barley
Mash Type: Sour
Still Proof: 70% Alcohol by Volume - 140 proof
Entry Proof: 62.5% Alcohol by Volume - 125 proof
Warehouse: H
Barrel Type: White Oak
Maker: Independent Stave
Staves: 6 month air dry
Treatment: #4 Char
Filtration: Chill Filtered
Bottle Proof: 46.5% Alcohol by Volume - 93 proof
Color: Reddish Amber Color

Tasting Notes:

Nose: A spicy aroma of Dried Citrus and Orange Peels with a hint of Caramel and Vanilla.
Palate Entry: Full and soft, marked by a mix of Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Orange, and Cloves.
Finish: Muted but well balanced with Vanilla, Honey, and Citrus.
Best Served: Straight, on ice, or used in a premium cocktail.

post #2339 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioManiac View Post

FRIDAY!!!!


Well I found quite a selection in the Bourbon Isle today:
Knob Creek, Four Roses, Elijah Craig, Evan Williams and about a dozen others I've never heard of before.

I finally settled on a Blanton's Single Barrel, small batch 93 proof
So good it "almost" rivals some of the higher end single malt scotch.


I won't be mixing any coke or ice into this amber nectar....just a small splash of water.


















Taken from the center-cut or middle sections of the famous Warehouse H, Blanton’s Original was once designated for ambassadors,
dignitaries, and Colonel Blanton’s family and friends. Today, everyone has access to the world’s first single barrel bourbon.
The taste profile is sweet with citrus and oak. A creamy vanilla nose features hints of nuts, caramel, orange and light chocolate.
Blanton’s Original set the standard for single barrel bourbons. Best served neat or on the rocks. 46.5% alcohol by volume.

Type: Bourbon Whiskey

Recipe: Corn - Rye - Malted Barley

Mash Type: Sour

Still Proof: 70% Alcohol by Volume - 140 proof

Entry Proof: 62.5% Alcohol by Volume - 125 proof

Warehouse: H

Barrel Type: White Oak

Maker: Independent Stave

Staves: 6 month air dry

Treatment: #4 Char

Filtration: Chill Filtered

Bottle Proof: 46.5% Alcohol by Volume - 93 proof

Color: Reddish Amber Color

Tasting Notes:


Nose: A spicy aroma of Dried Citrus and Orange Peels with a hint of Caramel and Vanilla.

Palate Entry: Full and soft, marked by a mix of Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Orange, and Cloves.

Finish: Muted but well balanced with Vanilla, Honey, and Citrus.

Best Served: Straight, on ice, or used in a premium cocktail.



Nice find and notes! I'll have to get a sample soon & maybe get one in for Christmas.
post #2340 of 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by megdagooch View Post

I had a bad day and was whining, so a friend brought me this last night. She said she didn't bring the cheese because she didn't know for sure which I liked biggrin.gif

Oh lord, red wine. Stumbled into some friends in the restaurant industry last night and ended up at a multi-hour, Chilean wine tasting.

I have no desire for alcohol at the moment whatsoever and that doesn't happen often.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...