or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated... - Page 2

post #31 of 2455
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by J.Mike Ferrara


WHAT, and give up the only chance I'll ever have for sex?


Mike,
you need to visit the HD porn thread in a hurry!
post #32 of 2455
Thread Starter 
O.k. how about this, intoxicated while watching HD Porn? Any thoughts???
post #33 of 2455
Well, if you are watching HD Porn at this point, you are already hallucinating, so you are good where you are. Just stay there.
post #34 of 2455
boozen and cruisen the Boards while intoxicated can be dangerous to your equipment. As are nurses with syringes of saline.. yep one killed my laptop last week! ( not paying attention to what she was doing... but what can ya do she didn't mean to...

And it was only a month and three days old now I'm using one of the hospitals which they loaned me because of the incident. they said to make sure I get insurance on any future laptops, saying that that computer insurance covers accidental damage. anyone know if that is true? sound to good to be true to me; especially on something like a laptop.

sorry to go so far off topic.. but cut me some slack I'm in morning over my loss..
-tony
post #35 of 2455
Tony: Sorry to hear of your loss... Can you remove the hard drive and recover the data at least?

I know all about nurses with syringes of saline. 20 years ago, when my then girlfriend was in nursing school, she was told to practice injections on an orange. Still, an orange isn't exactly like injecting a real person, so I offered my arms. Several injections later, she was confident in giving her first supervisor-observed injections. She later said that my pin cushion offer was one of real love, and she got her first real inclination that I was the one for her... In the years since, now married more than 19 years, I haven't had to thankfully offer up my arms again.
post #36 of 2455
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by tonyb100
boozen and cruisen the Boards while intoxicated can be dangerous to your equipment. As are nurses with syringes of saline.. yep one killed my laptop last week! ( not paying attention to what she was doing... but what can ya do she didn't mean to...

And it was only a month and three days old now I'm using one of the hospitals which they loaned me because of the incident. they said to make sure I get insurance on any future laptops, saying that that computer insurance covers accidental damage. anyone know if that is true? sound to good to be true to me; especially on something like a laptop.

sorry to go so far off topic.. but cut me some slack I'm in morning over my loss..
-tony

Tony,
why are you in the hospital?
post #37 of 2455
Thread Starter 
With the Holidays soon approaching, does this become more prevalent?
post #38 of 2455
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
With the Holidays soon approaching, does this become more prevalent?

the answer is yes- but it is only October!!

funny I was just thinking about this thread earlier- a classic- and wondering how to" revive "it

Mark
post #39 of 2455
Holidays? Who the hell needs the holidays as an excuse to get loaded?!
post #40 of 2455
Haven't you guys heard of Oktoberfest?? Besides I was in Lowe's on Thursday and the Christmas decorations are up.

TonyB100 - Check you homeowners policy for insurance coverage on the laptop.
post #41 of 2455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Holidays? Who the hell needs the holidays as an excuse to get loaded?!

I like your thinking!
post #42 of 2455
Are we going to need a bouncer for those of you "Posting Under the Influence"? If you'll try to behave, I might make a rum cake for you and some special eggnog.
post #43 of 2455
""""-tony



Tony, why are you in the hospital?

_____________"""

i missed this before; since thread is backup I saw it.

I have cystic fibrosis and need a lung transplant so get hospitalized often, several times a year. The nurses joking refer to one on the rooms as tony's house.... so you can see I spend too much time there.. anyway thanks for asking.

re: insurance, thanks for the suggestion.


re: topic.


So does anyone watch hd tv better, with a few in'em ...
post #44 of 2455
Just dont get too inspired and order a couple plasma displays for the bedrooms.
post #45 of 2455
Thread Starter 
HDTV looks better with a few in me....

Good idea for the plasmas in the hospital room. Now only if insurance will cover it.
post #46 of 2455
Maybe they could be tricked into thinking I needed plama; which in that case I do.
post #47 of 2455
Thread Starter 
LOL!
post #48 of 2455
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread in honor of new year's eve, since I'm totally wasted and about to crash for the night.

Happy New Year's to all!!!!!!!
post #49 of 2455
Happy New Year all,

Jeff, your resurrection of this thread is quite apropos.

John
post #50 of 2455
So the question is, while intoxicated and searching for this thread did you:
  1. Actually spell "intoxicated" correctly?
  2. Use "crusing" instead because it is shorter with fewer alternate spellings?
  3. Have your designated driver perform the search before s/he left?
  4. Use a previously created bookmark?
  5. Make your eight-year-old do the search telling her/im "intoxicated" means "full of love"?

.
post #51 of 2455
I searched for (and spelled correctly) intoxicated. It took quite a bit of concentration to make my fingers hit the correct keys, though.
post #52 of 2455
Thread Starter 
So Tony, do any of the drugs they give you for your condition affect your HD perception in any way?
post #53 of 2455
Damn someone's had a few if they went in search of this thread... and commented on a 4 month old post.

Luckily my intake has been restricted to less than a six-pack tonight.
post #54 of 2455
just like homer.


no tv no beer make homer go something................


lets change it.


no hdtv, no beer, make homer go something....

(crazy?)

dont mind if i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #55 of 2455
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by BudShark
Damn someone's had a few if they went in search of this thread... and commented on a 4 month old post.

Luckily my intake has been restricted to less than a six-pack tonight.

post #56 of 2455
Quote:


Originally posted by RScogland
Technical advice for "Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated" ...

Get a universal learning remote with macros, and use discrete codes if at all possible, so you can easily navigate a potentially difficult A/V system.

Nothing is worse than hitting the wrong button and "losing HDTV while intoxicated." If this happens, do NOT under any circumstances, attempt to "rewire HDTV while intoxicated!"

... and it should go without saying that one should NEVER attempt to re-aim their roof mounted (or in my case pine-tree mounted) eliptical dish while intoxicated especially in a rainstorm (the hint should be that the rain is the likely problem).

P.S. - Do not expect TiVo functions to suddenly start working with Satellite HDTV while intoxicated!

And DEFINITELY don't attempt to calibrate your front projector while intoxicated! I did that once, and the next day's viewing made me certain alcohol affects color perception!

Todd/Indy
post #57 of 2455
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by tbhausen
And DEFINITELY don't attempt to calibrate your front projector while intoxicated! I did that once, and the next day's viewing made me certain alcohol affects color perception!

Todd/Indy


That is quite good to know.
post #58 of 2455
Thread Starter 
^ for Man E
post #59 of 2455
Kipp your a drunkie,
just kidding, couldn't resist
post #60 of 2455
Quote:


Originally posted by kippjones
IAny chance we can get a smile to add to the posts to indicate if we have been boozen?? There is one open space in the "smilies" box. Anyone care to offer up their version of a PWI smiley?

Still looking for smilies?









My Favourite:



One for the college kids:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Theater Room Items & Accessories › Cruising the AVS Forum while intoxicated...