or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Hd Leeza Official Retail Price
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hd Leeza Official Retail Price - Page 2  

post #31 of 191
I don't think it should be considered marketing - its more like an announcement/press release.

David
post #32 of 191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by zxe018
What happened to the thread containing info on the upgrade?

I wanted to print out the info regarding the upgrade from the digital leeza to the hd leeza, and I can't seem to locate that particular thread. I posted to that thread and when I did a search on my name, it still didn't find it.
Dear Chris

Please contact me for the upgrade. mailto:michael@keydigital.com
Thank you
post #33 of 191
What in heck is a LEEZA? Where can I find tech info. about it? Seems like an interesting device. Thanks...

-THTS
post #34 of 191
the key digital web site says that the HD-Leeza is in stock. Is that true? Also the PDF file picture does not match the web site picture. Which one is the correct one. thanks
post #35 of 191
RShlansky,

The availability must be a mistake, since KeyDigital publically stated that the units will only be available after Cedia (which is more than a month from now).

I guess neither image will be the final one - since we recently learned that they are changing the output RGBHV connectors to 75Ohm BNC connectors (YEY!).
post #36 of 191
Frank, it's been awhile, nice to see you again .... the HD LEEZA is a second-generation scaler with a full digital throughput; SDI and DVI in and DVI output, along with the usual suspects in connections. Won't help us troglodytes with our older DILAs but the company is very approachable with great customer service.

Also, they are introducing a PC card version of the scaler as well, very cool.

Search the forum and check out www.keydigital.com.

Cheers!
post #37 of 191
Joel,

Few corrections:

1. It's way more than a 2nd generation scaler. Key has had scalers since 1997 or 1998 (the KDS-2000HD), for broadcasters to convert NTSC to 1080i or 720p. I think this is a third generation (or even more) scaler.

2. The unit has analog RGBHV outputs too. Shouldn't have any problems working with "older" DILA (I can't follow the logic of calling any DILA screen "old", though...).
post #38 of 191
'Also, they are introducing a PC card version of the scaler as well, very cool.'

were do you see that? I see a card that looks like the one in the rock in the catolog & its for use with software clearmatrix like the rock & leeza uses.
post #39 of 191
Originally posted by Joel:

".... the HD LEEZA is a second-generation scaler with a full digital throughput; SDI and DVI in and DVI output, along with the usual suspects in connections. Won't help us troglodytes with our older DILAs but the company is very approachable with great customer service.

Also, they are introducing a PC card version of the scaler as well, very cool.

Search the forum and check out www.keydigital.com."
___________________________________________

Hi, Joel! Nice to see you still around. :)

Did check their site and found what I was after. Man, the things one could do with this thing...including up-converting to 1080p (from 1080i out of the JVC 30000U D-Theater/D-VHS tape deck), I reckon.

Why wouldn't The LEEZA work with D-ILA displays, though?
Could the PC card be used with HT-PCs (I can't see why not, but...)? Please, enlighten me!...

-THTS
post #40 of 191
Originally posted by oferlaor:

"The unit has analog RGBHV outputs too. Shouldn't have any problems working with "older" DILA (I can't follow the logic of calling any DILA screen "old", though...)."
__________________________________

Aha! So it should work with my 9015 D-ILA's native resolution level, right?
And I suppose it can also upconvert 1080i to 1080p then still output the D-ILA's required working native resolution signal, correct?
What about working with HT-PCs with DVI outputs? Is it feasible? Thanks...

-THTS
post #41 of 191
the Leeza card scaler is for direct use in the pioneer plasma only;
Immersive is making a pc scaler card that looks to be great, but tht has not been Key Digital's focus.
post #42 of 191
Joel,

As Jlm says - they have a scaler card for the pioneer. The only company I'm aware of that is making scaler boards is Immersive (Holo3DGraph).

Frank,

Not sure why it wouldn't work. It could be a matter of doing native rate. IMO, it should work, given the correct sync frequencies and output resolution. I would expect them to start testing DILA and DLP compatibility once the product is out, so we can know which products can have Native Resolution on them.

HTPC is basically the same story. If you don't have a DVI input on your display, simply get an HTPC with an RGBHV output (e.g., standard Radeon card, or a GeForce2/3/4 card). With a program called "Powerstrip", you can achieve native resolution on practically any display (although it does take some tweaking).

The HD-LEEZA is supposed to take 1080i, deinterlace it (i.e., 1080p) and scale it up or down to your native resolution. Output should be amazing (I've never seen 1080p, so I'm only guessing).
post #43 of 191
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank J Manrique

Did check their site and found what I was after. Man, the things one could do with this thing...including up-converting to 1080p (from 1080i out of the JVC 30000U D-Theater/D-VHS tape deck), I reckon.

Why wouldn't The LEEZA work with D-ILA displays, though?
Could the PC card be used with HT-PCs (I can't see why not, but...)? Please, enlighten me!...

-THTS
Hi Frank,
one of the compelling parts of this product for D-ILA user, if I understand correctly, is that it will allow you to connect the 30000 JVC via the YPbPr path and transcode it to the RGBHV on 5BNCs, in addition to allowing for SDI input for DVD, passing through HD or a HTPC etc. This is great a thing for us D-ILA users. If the 1080i scaling of the projector is superior to the scaling to native panel of 1365*1024 on SXGA 3 we pass the HD through with transcoding, but without scaling. It will do native panel resolution for the D-ILA and should work with anamorphic lenses. It also sounds like the deinterlacing/scaling for video material should be much improved, though no independent review has been done.

It would be great if I could leave the D-ILA on one source resolution and one physical input and scale everything to the native panel resolution, but this will have to be evaluated.

I believe that this is the scaler that will have me retire my CI scaler and Mark Foster scaler mods that have been on my projector for about 2 years.

BTW,
I alway look forward to your software reviews on the site.
post #44 of 191
Quote:
Originally posted by Don O'Brien


It would be great if I could leave the D-ILA on one source resolution and one physical input and scale everything to the native panel resolution, but this will have to be evaluated.
Agreed, but won't we want to set up at least two sources on the DILA?

1) 1365x1024x60hz -- video source
2) 1365x1024x48hz -- film source

I think 48 hertz with 2:2 pull-down is the most exciting HD-Leeza feature.
post #45 of 191
Randy,
if we shut off the Autosynch function of the projector and leave it on SXGA3 it should be possible to see if we can get good performance with both video and film just by switching memories on the scaler (48hz, and 60hz). Since SXGA3 is the only computer source resolution that does not upscale (resize), we will have to keep the projector on that resolution. The only way I know to get the PJ to autosynch to SXGA3 is to push the refresh rate pass 74HZ, otherwise we autosynch to SXGA1or 2 (1280*1024).

I am looking forward to improved functionality and performance with exemplary customer service.

I am hoping they offer (naturally for a price differential), a DVD player that sits at higher price point with an SDI mod. They were selling Toshiba 9200s and Panny RP91s. For those interested in sampling DVDA, maybe we could get them to do a Denon 1600 (a panny based player without the chroma upsampling problem and superior Burr Brown DACs on the analog outputs) or its cousing the Panny 82.

At any rate at the 4K retail price point with an SDI player and the appropriate SDI interconnect, I hold high hopes and believe KD deserves that confidence from their display of uncompromised customer service.
post #46 of 191
Originally posted by oferlaor:

"Not sure why it wouldn't work. It could be a matter of doing native rate. IMO, it should work, given the correct sync frequencies and output resolution.

HTPC is basically the same story. If you don't have a DVI input on your display, simply get an HTPC with an RGBHV output (e.g., standard Radeon card, or a GeForce2/3/4 card).

The HD-LEEZA is supposed to take 1080i, deinterlace it (i.e., 1080p) and scale it up or down to your native resolution. Output should be amazing (I've never seen 1080p, so I'm only guessing)."
______________________________________

Thanks for the reply.

I am beginning to understand more about the functions of the LEEZA...and if it indeed can do scale down from 1080p, wow, it would be really terrific seeing such a signal being handled by my display device... :)

-THTS
post #47 of 191
Originally posted by Don O'Brien:

"Hi Frank,
one of the compelling parts of this product for D-ILA user, if I understand correctly, is that it will allow you to connect the 30000 JVC via the YPbPr path and transcode it to the RGBHV on 5BNCs, in addition to allowing for SDI input for DVD, passing through HD or a HTPC etc. This is great a thing for us D-ILA users. If the 1080i scaling of the projector is superior to the scaling to native panel of 1365*1024 on SXGA 3 we pass the HD through with transcoding, but without scaling. It will do native panel resolution for the D-ILA and should work with anamorphic lenses. It also sounds like the deinterlacing/scaling for video material should be much improved, though no independent review has been done.

It would be great if I could leave the D-ILA on one source resolution and one physical input and scale everything to the native panel resolution, but this will have to be evaluated.

I believe that this is the scaler that will have me retire my CI scaler and Mark Foster scaler mods that have been on my projector for about 2 years.

BTW,
I alway look forward to your software reviews on the site."
_______________________________________________

Don,

Thank you, my friend, for the very comprehensive post regarding the LEEZA's performing functions. Sounds like is a device I should be seriously looking into...providing is affordable.

And thanks too for the kind words about my movie "reviews" I occasionally post in AVS. Cheers!... :)

-THTS
post #48 of 191
Right guys, I misspoke. Immersive are the guys with the PC card; not that KD couldn't do that too, but they're not. My bad. Just gettin' too excited with all these new choices! lol

But KD is doing cards for both the Pioneer plasmas and the Meridian 800. Specialty applications but important niches, IMO. PC card is a possibility for them too, at some point.

Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, and looky here! 1000 posts finally! Now I'm an AVS "BSD" member. A life ambition achieved! What does this mean, you ask?

If I may paraphrase the immortal Winston Churchill, "Seldom in the field of human discourse has one man talked so much and said so little!"

:D

Cheers
post #49 of 191
Joel,

Congratulations. The problem is that once you see you have a nice number of posts, it becomes very difficult to post one more message, and ruin the nice number.

Luckily for me, I kept missing the important landmarks (1000,2000)...
post #50 of 191
Quote:
Originally posted by Joel
Right guys, I misspoke.
Sorry for the confusion.


:D

Cheers
Truly the most fearful hazard in our chosen occupation, Joel.

Even after 26 years of litigation, as I drive to court I say a silent prayer:

"Dear Lord, please don't let me walk on my tongue today."

;)



http://www.aclu-sc.org/membership/storepix/abragg.jpg

Congrats on you millenium post.
post #51 of 191
Well, gotta bust the 1000 cherry at some point, thanks guys. Yes, Laurence, our profession has some choice moments when we step on our tongues, not to mention other parts of the anatomy.

Ofer, you at least have no excuses, since you usually have something substantive to contribute! lol

Cheers, folks. 1001 and counting .... :)
post #52 of 191
Is there going to be a powerbuy on the HD LEEZAs ?
post #53 of 191
E-mail Jason at AVS. He was compiling a list not too long ago to gauge interest in a possible powerbuy.
post #54 of 191
Micheal,
there are a few questions regarding the pass through and scaling of HD material.

Can a YPbPr HD input be transcoded to RGBHV without scaling/deinterlacing? The specific application is the one I describe above with the JVC 30K DVHS connected to the YPbPr input of the HD leeza.
Would I have the oppurtunity to output as RGBHV at 1080I or the native panel resolution of my DILA projector? The DILA's scaler has a good reputation for deinterlacing and down converting the 1920x1080i image to 1365x1024.
Can I assume that 4:3 PJs with anamorphic lenses will not be problem?

Will it be possible to fix the image to the top of the pixel array in fixed panel projectors?

Will there be discrete IR control of inputs, power, memories, AR?

Thanks for your consideration and time.
post #55 of 191
Don,

KeyDigital has transcoders that change from RGBHV to YUV and vice-versa. They do it without scaling.

I saw only one RGBHV input on the HD-LEEZA, but the front panel lists two modes (RGB and bypass). That indicates to me that the input can be used either with scaling or as a passthrough (if no scaling is needed or wanted).

Again, this is just speculation based on the leaflet I saw online.
post #56 of 191
Ofer

You are correct, I asked Mike about this and he said you have the option of passthrough or scaling using this input
post #57 of 191
Thanks for the effort guys, but it does not answer the question.
According to the catalog that is downloadable from KD, the HD Leeza has two YPbPr inputs and one RGB on a D15. In addition the KD HD Leeza output appears to be in an RGBHV format, with physical connection now being 5bncs.

Assuming that the output format is RGBHV from the HD Leeza to the projector, can you input a 1080i YPbPr video source and have it output RGBHV? If not, this will negate the capability of the product to act as the sole switching device in setups where there is a single RGBHV run to the projector. In my case, I have YPbPr run to the projector, but the D-ILA produces a superior picture on the RGBHV run for HD because of a shortcoming in the way the it processes the incoming YPbPr signal.

I guess the question is, can you input YPbPr 1080i and have it output RGBHV unscaled and scaled (1080i native, 1365*1024)?
post #58 of 191
Don,

I don't see why this would be a problem. Their online leaflet specifically states that YPbPr HD input supports 1080i.

The output does native rate 5x BNC RGBHV.

So, in effect, the YPbPr gets transcoded internally, scaled to 1365x1024 (is that a supported resolution or a typo, Don?) and sent out digitally (via DVI) or in analog (RGBHV).
post #59 of 191
Don,

I am in the exact same boat as you.

The question is, can the 19 x 10 output of the JVC be transcoded and passed through the Leeza directly to the projector (and have the projector scale the 19 x 10 to 13 x 10) versus the Leeza transcoding and scaling.

Assuming that both options are available (transcode only versus transcode and scale) it will be interesting to evaluate the results.



SG
post #60 of 191
gages,

I don't think you're in the same boat as Don. Don wanted YPbPr, which always gets scaled.

From what I understand (I have no idea what 19x10 or 13x10 are...) - you want just transcoding without scaling. For that, you don't need a scaler, you just need a transcoder ($150-$300 vs. $3999 of the HD-LEEZA).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Processors
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › Hd Leeza Official Retail Price