Here's my experience:
My projector was worked perfectly for the first 125 hours. At that point, I started experiencing two problems:
1. My M20X failed to start up (once in a while). Trying a second time worked fine.
2. Sporadic flicker (stronger in the lower left corner).
The flicker starts and stops sporadically, has a ~5 Hz fixed frequency and lasts between a few seconds to a few minutes.
What I tried:
- Changed the Energy Save mode. I was able to reproduce the flicker in both modes.
- Connected the unit in another outlet, still reproed.
- Brought my unit at my friend's place, still reproed.
- Used a MonsterCable line conditioner, still reproed.
- Bought a UPS on the suggestion of other users, still reproed.
I lived with the problems for the last 2 months, but over the Holidays, it got me annoyed enough to call the help line.
With all the people talking about this issue around here, I was very surprised to hear the guy on the phone saying that he NEVER heard of a flicker problem on the M20X. Anyways, I'm sending it on Monday. Hopefully, they'll find the problem and fix it permanently.
From what I've explained above, did anybody experienced this issue? If so, did you send it back to Sharp for repair? Did it help?