Originally Posted by Shaon94
Do you happen to know if limited basic is going to include HD or not? I really only care about Local and Local HD so as long as I keep those I will be more than happy.
Also I am running scans again because it looks like I must have set stuff up wrong the first time. This time I am rescanning with Glouster City Maple Shade Comcast (digital) Hopefully I get more with this. If you remember what you chose that would be great. Also, thank you for all your assistance.
Yes the Gloucester City Digital is the correct data to use. Before you get to that screen be sure you choose the following options.
1.Enter Zip code.
2. Download data and examine TV signals
3. MC will say it found 2 Digital Cable(Clear QAM) tuners and 2 Analog tuner then ask if you want to keep these settings, rescan or manually do it yourself. Choose to manually do it yourself.
4.On the next 3 screens, choose Cable, No set top box, and Digital Cable (Clear QAM)
5.The next screen will list your available Digital tuners. You should see 2 of them labeled Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA ATSC-QAM Tuners #1 & #2. Make sure both are checked and click Next.
6. Choose Gloucester City, Comcast Maple Shade(Digital) and click next
7. Do you want to set up another signal? Choose No.
8. Choose next to confirm all of your choices and then choose Download When Connected.
9.MC will download the guide and then start a new scan.
10. When the scan has completed, it should say it found 26 channels. Click Finish.
That's everything you need to do to set up your tuners properly. You will still be missing a few channels. You will need to go back and follow the instructions from my first post. Your missing channels will be in there at the following locations:
29.1 is MYPHL17 HD
29.2 is Fox 29 HD
67.3 is NJN 23 HD
108.1 is ION HD
108.2 is WFMZ69 HD
116.1 is CW 57 HD
While you are in the Edit Channels menu, you can uncheck the boxes of any channels you do not want in the guide. I uncheck all of the xx.5 channels like 3.5, 6.5,10.5 etc since they are just SD versions of my local HD channels and they just wind up cluttering the guide.
That should be everything you need to get your missing channels. As I said before, there will not be any guide data available immediately, but that process is a bit more involved and I don't want to confuse you. After you get all of your missing channels added, I'll walk you through adding the guide data.