or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Comcast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atlanta, GA - Comcast - Page 173

post #5161 of 5517
OK, I figure it out now.

All you have to do is go to silicondust website. Put in your zip code. You can even see the snapshot of the screen at this very moment. Very cool.

You get thirteen 16:9 channel. You get everything like OTA, but you get WGN-HD with basic Comcast.

I could never get Ch 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 with my flat HD antennna. I got the rest OTA with no problem.
post #5162 of 5517
Forsyth County guide update from the official Comcast blog posted by Ted Hodgins on 4/15 -

We are excited about improving the on-screen guide experience in all of our SA (Scientific Atlanta) areas. All of our SA customers are currently scheduled to get this new guide within the next 75 days. The guide is being launched on a rolling basis to each area.

Your area of Georgia is currently scheduled to receive the new guide next month.

The new on-screen program guide is not a requirement or pre-requisite for the new HD channels and the "World of More" and vice-versa.

Some areas may see the new guide before the new HD channel additions and some areas may receive the new HD channels ahead of the new guide. You should get separate notifications for each event. We have a few ongoing improvements underway now for our SA customers. Impacted customers will receive notification and materials in the mail with additional details on this guide update. You should also get an e-mail (if you have a comcast.net e-mail address) plus a phone call right before the change takes place.

This new guide is just one step of a multi-step process of improvements, enhancements and new features for our customers in our SA areas.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for being a Comcast customer.
post #5163 of 5517
Has anyone noticed a horrendous lag in their DVR recognizing/processing remote commands in the last 2 days? I'm in Douglasville (30135), and have a DCX-3400. I don't know if there was a software change in the last few days, but I first noticed the issue last night.

The DCX is taking about a second to process a command that it recognizes, and it only seems to be recognizing 1 out of every 3 commands from the remote. I have yet to successfully enter a channel because it only catches one digit, and times out before it will recognize all three, so I have to page through the guide, at the pace that it will recognize the page command. Changing channels or FF/RW through a recording is just painful, to the point that I'm watching netflix rather than dealing with the DVR.

Looks like I'm on SW ver: 78.53 - A28p0-4.1005.r-8 FW: 22.67

Commiseration or suggestions are welcome.
post #5164 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil98 View Post

Has anyone noticed a horrendous lag in their DVR recognizing/processing remote commands in the last 2 days? I'm in Douglasville (30135), and have a DCX-3400. I don't know if there was a software change in the last few days, but I first noticed the issue last night.

The DCX is taking about a second to process a command that it recognizes, and it only seems to be recognizing 1 out of every 3 commands from the remote. I have yet to successfully enter a channel because it only catches one digit, and times out before it will recognize all three, so I have to page through the guide, at the pace that it will recognize the page command. Changing channels or FF/RW through a recording is just painful, to the point that I'm watching netflix rather than dealing with the DVR.

Looks like I'm on SW ver: 78.53 - A28p0-4.1005.r-8 FW: 22.67

Commiseration or suggestions are welcome.

Happen to my DVR a couple of months ago. Unplug and wait 20 Sec then it will be fine.
post #5165 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Happen to my DVR a couple of months ago. Unplug and wait 20 Sec then it will be fine.

Thanks, AL. Worked like a charm!

My wife will be so happy that I can watch playoff basketball today instead of working in the yard.
post #5166 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil98 View Post

Thanks, AL. Worked like a charm!

My wife will be so happy that I can watch playoff basketball today instead of working in the yard.

Enjoy the playoffs.
post #5167 of 5517
Recently put my name on the preorder list for an HDHomerun Prime networked CableCard tuner. Supposed to be shipping late June.

Is there anyone here with experience with either the Ceton or ATI cablecard tuners who can share their experiences in getting them set up with Atlanta area Comcast? i.e. Any problems in acquiring an M-Card when you told them you had a computer based system? Did it require a truck roll or were you able to pick up the M-Card or have it mailed to you? If a technician visited, was he proficient in M-Card installations? Any problems with bad cards? Etc, etc....

Thanks in advance for sharing your local experiences.
post #5168 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly47 View Post
Recently put my name on the preorder list for an HDHomerun Prime networked CableCard tuner. Supposed to be shipping late June.

Is there anyone here with experience with either the Ceton or ATI cablecard tuners who can share their experiences in getting them set up with Atlanta area Comcast? i.e. Any problems in acquiring an M-Card when you told them you had a computer based system? Did it require a truck roll or were you able to pick up the M-Card or have it mailed to you? If a technician visited, was he proficient in M-Card installations? Any problems with bad cards? Etc, etc....

Thanks in advance for sharing your local experiences.
From what I've read you are better off acting like you have a Tivo instead of a PC based tuner. This will get you through all the hoops a lot easier and the end result will be a M-Card tuner.
post #5169 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKK View Post

The FAQ says: "The Guide will be launched on a rolling basis, market by market, continuing though this year." So given their track record here in Cumming I am thinking December 32nd for us!

Happy December 32nd!
post #5170 of 5517
Not digging the new 4:3 stretched guide on a widescreen tv.

Word is there is no way to change it, till another update!
post #5171 of 5517
I contacted a useless rep on Comcast's website and requested the difference between their Digital Starter and Digital Preferred channel line up. After a few minutes of trying to explain to the robot, he finally listed out all of the channels for each package. The total # of channels he listed are the same, but the digital starter package listed out a lot of "HD" channels in the 600s while the Preferred package did not list anything above 297. The preferred list did however include almost 40 other channels between 101 and 276. I am assuming that he failed to include the 600s in the preferred list.

Can anyone verify?

I am in Forsyth.

Thanks.
post #5172 of 5517
Digital Starter:
Over 80 digital cable channels
Thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows ready to watch when you are on TV and now online
45 commercial-free music channels, from Top 40 to classical to hip-hop
Easy parental controls
On-screen program guide

Digital Preferred:
Features of Digital Starter PLUS:
Over 160 digital channels, including Encore channels
Sports channels like NFL Network, NHL Network, NBA TV and MLB Network
More On Demand choices - on TV and online
post #5173 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielloeb View Post

Digital Starter:
Over 80 digital cable channels
Thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows ready to watch when you are on TV and now online
45 commercial-free music channels, from Top 40 to classical to hip-hop
Easy parental controls
On-screen program guide

Digital Preferred:
Features of Digital Starter PLUS:
Over 160 digital channels, including Encore channels
Sports channels like NFL Network, NHL Network, NBA TV and MLB Network
More On Demand choices - on TV and online

That's about as helpful as the useless Comcast rep I chatted with. I can clearly see that listed on the website. I'm wanting an actual channel line up.
post #5174 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by djriggz View Post

That's about as helpful as the useless Comcast rep I chatted with. I can clearly see that listed on the website. I'm wanting an actual channel line up.

Go to the comcast.com website and click on the "Channel Lineup" menu item under "Programming". After entering in your address (or your neighbor's ) you will be presented with a rather useless listing of all the channels.

Now click on the "Print your channel lineup" link at the top. This list will show the channels broken into chunks. The "Digital Starter" section would be what is included in the Starter package. The "Digital Classic" section would be the additional channels included in their Preferred package that used to be called Classic. They both would included the Limited and Expanded Basic channels. The HDTV channels would depend on if the SD versions are in Starter or Classic.
post #5175 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Go to the comcast.com website and click on the "Channel Lineup" menu item under "Programming". After entering in your address (or your neighbor's ) you will be presented with a rather useless listing of all the channels.

Now click on the "Print your channel lineup" link at the top. This list will show the channels broken into chunks. The "Digital Starter" section would be what is included in the Starter package. The "Digital Classic" section would be the additional channels included in their Preferred package that used to be called Classic. They both would included the Limited and Expanded Basic channels. The HDTV channels would depend on if the SD versions are in Starter or Classic.

EDIT: Ah the print your channel line up is what seperates it. The list before you click print is ALL channels and there is no drop down menu like it states.

Thanks!
post #5176 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by djriggz View Post

EDIT: Ah the print your channel line up is what seperates it. The list before you click print is ALL channels and there is no drop down menu like it states.

Thanks!

Their website could use some work. I have no idea how accurate the "printed" lineup is compared to what they actually provide, but it does help you determine how their packages are separated.
post #5177 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Their website could use some work. I have no idea how accurate the "printed" lineup is compared to what they actually provide, but it does help you determine how their packages are separated.


That list is very confusing. I've tried to use it before. It's really misleading.

I have Digital Starter and the only HD channels missing (compared to Digital Preferred) that I would like to have are Bio, Science, Nat Geo. There's a handful of others, but those are the only ones I would really like to have. But I'm not willing to pay the money difference just for those three.

Digital Starter is a very good value and gives you LOTS of channels. Of course, I also have the HD DVR, which gives me the HD versions of those channels.
post #5178 of 5517
Some good news for CableCard users:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/S...nstalls-114866

excerpt:
Quote:


The rules.. required that cable companies provide a credit to customers who have a CableCARD installed in a customer owned device, and if the customer subscribes to a Comcast video service which includes equipment as a part of the service....
According to internal Comcast documents obtained by Broadband Reports, users interested in self-installing CableCARDs will be able to obtain a self-install kit starting on August 1. However, interested users won't be mailed the kits, and will have to visit a Comcast service center to obtain one. Credits will begin showing up on existing CableCARD users bills starting with the July billing cycle. Credits will vary by region and in-home setup.

Comcast Confirmation:

Quote:


Can I install a CableCARD myself or does a technician need to come to my home?

Professional installation by a Comcast technician is available. In addition, starting on August 1, 2011, CableCARD self install kits will be made available at Comcast front counters. If you would like to install the CableCARD yourself, you will be able to pick up a CableCARD Self Install Kit at a Comcast front counter and activate the CableCARD by calling our CableCARD activation hotline at 1-800-XFINITY.

Please note: If you choose to use a CableCARD Self Install Kit, we are unable to provide you with assistance over the phone with the installation of the CableCARD. You will need to refer to the owner’s manual for your device or call the manufacturer’s toll-free number to answer questions about CableCARD installation.
post #5179 of 5517
watching the braves game on fox sports - some of the worst compression i've ever seen on comcast. FWIW, we were enjoying some HD on demand last night and were impressed with the HD PQ and thought that it was superior to how their On Demand used to look, but the movie channels and sports channels look VERY overcompressed lately.
post #5180 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKK View Post

Without fanfare, pre-warning, or a "thanks for being a second class customer for so long" we have new HD channels. (see post above from vmo23 for details) This NEVER should have taken this long. Now please step up and give us remote access and multi-room DVR as well as a screen guide that doesn't look like it is DOS based. I will settle for the ability to use my iPad as a remote.

Here are the new channels:

All Channels now available:
817 - WE HD
818 - Green Planet HD
819 - Biography HD
820 - QVC HD
821 - ESPN News HD
822 - CBS College Sports HDTV
824 - Big Ten Network HD
825 - BET HD
826 - CMT HD
828 - E! HD
829 - Style HD
831 - Fox Business HD
832 - The Weather Channel HD
836 - CNBC HD
837 - Fox News HD
843 - FX HD
851 - VH1 HD
853 - MTV HD
855 - Lifetime HD
860 - Travel HD
862 - Cartoon Network HD
863 - Nickelodeon HD
866 - Disney Extreme HD
868 - Comedy Central HD
871 - TVONE HD
872 - Bravo HD
873 - Fuse HD
875 - Speed HD
876 - G4 HD
878 - Spike HD
881 - NHL Network
882 - NBA TV HD
894 - MGM HD
896 - Hallmark HD
897 - Lifetime Movies HD
898 - IFC HD
899 - Encore HD

This was the main reason i canceled my Comcast service - the plain ugly 60's era dos text based dvr. I came from Directv so you can imagine the shock. I tried to chat with Comcast but they say they have no idea what HD DVR I woudl get if i had to turn my tv service back on. Last time If I recall I had a Cisco receiver and Scientific Altanta HD DVR. I took them back to the service center in Cumming and did not get anythng better that that after I swapped them out. Do we know what HD DVR is being given to customer in Cumming? I am thinking I might end up going with Tivo. Will Tivo premier woth with Comcast ?
post #5181 of 5517
Tivo Premiere works fine with Comcast. The only exception is no On Demand.

IIRC, In May it was announced that Comcast was switching to VOD/On Demand authentication over the network/internet rather than via the coax. If/When this is rolled out the Tivo Premiere will be able to handle VOD/On Demand.
post #5182 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrogue View Post

Tivo Premiere works fine with Comcast. The only exception is no On Demand.

IIRC, In May it was announced that Comcast was switching to VOD/On Demand authentication over the network/internet rather than via the coax. If/When this is rolled out the Tivo Premiere will be able to handle VOD/On Demand.

Thanks for that info. Do you know if Comcast has spruced up their own DVR's ?
post #5183 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post

Thanks for that info. Do you know if Comcast has spruced up their own DVR's ?

No changes. They still suck. The Comcast box I had 6 years ago was running the same interface as the Comcast HD DVR I got in August 2010 and just returned to them today.
post #5184 of 5517
New HD up and running in my area. BBC America HD, Food, DIY, and a few others. 750's were the numbers I think.
post #5185 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg View Post

New HD up and running in my area. BBC America HD, Food, DIY, and a few others. 750's were the numbers I think.

Same here in north Fulton . Top Gear in HD!
post #5186 of 5517
I just became a Comcast subscriber here in metro Atlanta within the past week and noticed this channel lineup change on Monday. As a Showtime subscriber, I lost a few of their HD channels for the new channels. I'm not upset about that since most of the programming there seen on the lost Showtime channels is available OnDemand.

My question is was there any announcement that this change was going to occur. I could not find anything.
post #5187 of 5517
I know in many markets, cable companies have to publish changes in advance of when they occur. Must not be part of any franchise agreements around here. I also checked my bill from a couple of weeks ago and there was no mention of it there. I assume the next bill will probably have something, giving them a few weeks to test everything out before publishing the changes.
post #5188 of 5517
New channels, with some showtime HD channels removed?

Cooking HD
GSN HD
DIY HD
BBC America HD
Nat Geo HD (thought I already had this one)
Outdoor HD
post #5189 of 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmo23 View Post

New channels, with some showtime HD channels removed?

Cooking HD
GSN HD
DIY HD
BBC America HD
Nat Geo HD (thought I already had this one)
Outdoor HD

That's Nat Geo WILD (WILDH) - an animal centric channel separate from the regular Nat Geo.

None of the new channels are showing up on the XFinity iPad app yet.

Edit: IPad app is now updated with the new channels.
post #5190 of 5517
I will be in the Atlanta area August 19-22 performing professional HDTV calibrations for anyone interested. Contact me via this site or my contact info in my signature below.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Comcast