or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Comcast
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atlanta, GA - Comcast - Page 181

post #5401 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post

Odd that's the page where is lists it for me. Already at 76GB for the month and only the first day frown.gif

Had to stop seeding the AVSForums theater demo bluray image. Now I gotta redo my entire backup and replication strategy as well. Can't have it backup and replicate data to the cloud as often to make sure I stay under the 300 GB. frown.gif. I really wish Google fiber or a muni fiber would come to my area to give Comcast and ATT some competition.

This is where that link sends me...https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/MyServices/
Where on that page is that meter?

Looks like you may have to go back to the "sneakernet" method of backups.

Wonder what all of those cloud-based backup companies are gonna do now?
post #5402 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoyz View Post

This is where that link sends me...https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/MyServices/
Where on that page is that meter?

Looks like you may have to go back to the "sneakernet" method of backups.

Wonder what all of those cloud-based backup companies are gonna do now?
I'll grab a screen shot tonight on what I see on that page and post it.
post #5403 of 5512
How does the costs of the HD DTA box compare to the standard HD BOX? On demand I assume is gone with DTA, how about the premiums? HBO STARZ etc?
post #5404 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonoughDawg View Post

How does the costs of the HD DTA box compare to the standard HD BOX? On demand I assume is gone with DTA, how about the premiums? HBO STARZ etc?

Either kind of DTA is $2, vs $10 full digital box.

No OD, no EPG, only picks up all channels through Digital Starter, including Music Choice. Some areas are seeing a few Digital Preferred channels come through as well (SD only) - YMMV on your particular system.
post #5405 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post

I'll grab a screen shot tonight on what I see on that page and post it.

Here is what I see on the right hand side of that page.

post #5406 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post

Here is what I see on the right hand side of that page.


Please take your conversation to PM or find a pertinent thread.

This thread is for Comcast TV, not internet.
post #5407 of 5512
Sorry didn't realize..I won't post anymore on Comcast internet.
post #5408 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post


Please take your conversation to PM or find a pertinent thread.

This thread is for Comcast TV, not internet.

Oh look we have a new moderator. :rolleyes:  :p

post #5409 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornell View Post

Sorry didn't realize..I won't post anymore on Comcast internet.

Thank you for your courtesy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Oh look we have a new moderator. rolleyes.gif   tongue.gif

Your sarcasm is not appreciated.
post #5410 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post

Please take your conversation to PM or find a pertinent thread.

This thread is for Comcast TV, not internet.

Actually it is related since we were discussing our monthly Comcast cable TV bill.
post #5411 of 5512
Last night, my Miglia TV tuner attached to my Mac (using EyeTV) was unable to record anything because all the channels were coming up encrypted. It had recorded shows on the evening of 12/2. I had to reprogram channels a couple of weeks back, so I had it rescan just in case Comcast had moved channels, but it only found two general information channels--none of the locals showed up. I presume that Comcast has now implemented their full encryption. I'm in the Marietta area, near Lassiter HS--anyone else having the same problem finding channels?
post #5412 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffbig View Post

Last night, my Miglia TV tuner attached to my Mac (using EyeTV) was unable to record anything because all the channels were coming up encrypted. It had recorded shows on the evening of 12/2. I had to reprogram channels a couple of weeks back, so I had it rescan just in case Comcast had moved channels, but it only found two general information channels--none of the locals showed up. I presume that Comcast has now implemented their full encryption. I'm in the Marietta area, near Lassiter HS--anyone else having the same problem finding channels?

Nope, all my QAM channels are still there as of today here in Atlanta 30324. See my post #5371 for the listing.

I anticipate, however, that Comcast will encrypt them all as of next Tuesday, as per my follow-up post #5373.

I'm not familiar with your Miglia tuner and don't know whether it will show a different result.
post #5413 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffbig View Post

Last night, my Miglia TV tuner attached to my Mac (using EyeTV) was unable to record anything because all the channels were coming up encrypted. It had recorded shows on the evening of 12/2. I had to reprogram channels a couple of weeks back, so I had it rescan just in case Comcast had moved channels, but it only found two general information channels--none of the locals showed up. I presume that Comcast has now implemented their full encryption. I'm in the Marietta area, near Lassiter HS--anyone else having the same problem finding channels?

Our area, Stone Mountain/Gwinnett/Walton County, went scrambled yesterday. There was a letter in our October 19th bill which listed the 3d as the scramble date, so it wasn't a surprise. I got my HD DTA last week, but I happened to be driving by the Grayson Comcast office yesterday and the line was out the door. tongue.gif
post #5414 of 5512
I thought my clear QAM was gone in the Peachtree City area, but I scanned again and all were there. Something changed, not sure what...I expect them to be gone any day, but so far so good...it's a rarely used TV anyways.

Gone as of a day or so ago, 12/ 16/13.
Edited by McDonoughDawg - 12/16/13 at 3:43pm
post #5415 of 5512
I'm in 30114 and haven't noticed anything wrong yet.
And since the wife does most of the TV viewing/recording I would have heard.

But then again, my area is serviced by Cartersville.
post #5416 of 5512

If I'm going to have to get a new box when HD finally rolls out, I may just hold off and not deal with two days off work waiting for the cable installer to show up

paXMwh

post #5417 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by funjokstore View Post

If I'm going to have to get a new box when HD finally rolls out, I may just hold off and not deal with two days off work waiting for the cable installer to show up
paXMwh
Rip van winkle here..yawn...yawn...what HD roll out?
Edited by WaterBoyz - 12/6/13 at 2:19pm
post #5418 of 5512
Does anybody know what physical channel NBC sorts Ch 845 is on in stone Mtn?
post #5419 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by funjokstore View Post

If I'm going to have to get a new box when HD finally rolls out, I may just hold off and not deal with two days off work waiting for the cable installer to show up
paXMwh

Whut???? confused.gif
post #5420 of 5512

Did anyone lose over the air in the East Cobb area?  My tv was no picking up any channel this morning but havnt had time to mess wtih it.  Does local comcast over an HD box just for the local channels?  I dont need a full fledged box on the secondary tv.

post #5421 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoyz View Post

Anybody get the letter for 300GB limit of internet downloading?

I got that email about a week ago. Frankly I thought that was the "unofficial" soft cap all along.



What I really came here was to find out about locals being encrypted. I see upthread, apparently, that is the case. I only have one HDHomeun Prime (& one regular HDHomerun), so I have become accustomed to 5 tuners. Gonna have to get another Prime. Does anybody know if Tuner Salad will work with 2 HDHomerun Primes? The cable card setup was fairly easy, but still if I don't have to make a trip to my local Comcast store that would be great.
post #5422 of 5512
I have 2 Primes. Tuner Salad worked great. 6 tuners showing.
post #5423 of 5512
... and my locals have gone encrypted as of some time this morning frown.gif
post #5424 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoyz View Post

I have 2 Primes. Tuner Salad worked great. 6 tuners showing.

Thanks, I'll order another HDHomerun soon.
post #5425 of 5512
Well in zip 30319 my locals are gone too now HD included - looks like no more free locals on QAM... At least I have those exceptionally fine $2.00 boxes that they gave me fro "free"...
post #5426 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

Thanks, I'll order another HDHomerun soon.

lots of good deals on the prime this season, I've seen it for $99 a couple of different times. I just received my Ceton Infinitv 6 ETH, 6 tuners, one cable card, Take that Comcast. Now I just need to get my lazy butt over to the office and pickup a second cable card.

I'm going to decommission my Infinitv 4 after the 6 is up running reliably, might take 2-3 weeks, but is Comcast going to hit me with a stupid outlet fee with the second card? Or should I just say I have Tivo Series 3, or what ever the dual tuner card TiVo is? Technically, both tuners are going to be on the same outlet, providing content to the same TV (s).
post #5427 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanline View Post

Well in zip 30319 my locals are gone too now HD included - looks like no more free locals on QAM... At least I have those exceptionally fine $2.00 boxes that they gave me fro "free"...

I really hope that's sarcasm. I haven't used one of those in years, but the ones they first handed out when they scrambled the lower tier channels some years ago, where complete crap. and if it weren't for the current cable card tuners I would have pulled the plug already.
post #5428 of 5512
Yep sarcasm... :-) - they really aren't even worth the $2 a month... What is that $24 a year? and I have 2 of them...
post #5429 of 5512
Clear QAM is gone/scrambled from my area zip 30236 since yesterday. When I scan yesterday, I only pick up 1 channel about Comcast promo to get a box.

Comcast did give a warning letter last month along with my HSI bill.

I had enough time to get a indoor antenna and it pick up all the channels.

Tip : get the ugliest antenna with the 2 rod sticking out. It is omni-directional. Get the amplified one. I dont have to do a thing after that.

I found out OTA is clearer and it sound so much better. I have a external speakers and subwoofer and I can hear the difference!

I use WMC on my computer along with Hauppauge to record shows.

Cut the cord!
Edited by chong67 - 12/16/13 at 1:14pm
post #5430 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

Clear QAM is gone/scrambled from my area zip 30236 since yesterday. When I scan yesterday, I only pick up 1 channel about Comcast promo to get a box.

Comcast did give a warning letter last month along with my HSI bill.

I had enough time to get a indoor antenna and it pick up all the channels.

Tip : get the ugliest antenna with the 2 rod sticking out. It is omni-directional. Get the amplified one. I dont have to do a thing after that.

I found out OTA is clearer and it sound so much better. I have a external speakers and subwoofer and I can hear the difference!

I use WMC on my computer along with Hauppauge to record shows.

Cut the cord!

You do know that Aereo is in Atlanta right?

https://aereo.com/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Comcast