Thanks you all for your interest.
Iâ€™m still waiting to hear from Milton. Iâ€™ve sent him dozens of mails and so far, no answer.
I tried the cell phone number mentioned in this thread many times but all I got was the answering machine. Messages I've left were of no avail.
Maybe he has a way to recognize my calls.!?
As you know Iâ€™m giving Milton to the end of this week to sort out this mess.
I really hope he does.
If not, Monday I will have to start another approach to this matter.
I would appreciate your advice, as to what I should do, to pursue this legally from here.
Two options come to my mind.
One is to try to contact the local police through the help of a forum member who is willing to set up a 3 way call between me, himself and the police and ask them how much support they can realistically give.
BTW, Milton's precinct is http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/nypd/html/pct/pct112.html
If anyone knows anybody over there, pls let me know.
The other is to try to contact a lawyer. However Iâ€™m afraid that, with the amount outstanding, about 10 grand, it would not be easy to find a lawyer who wouldnâ€™t charge me for almost the whole amount. Please understand that Iâ€™m not familiar with legal fees in the US.
And there is always the possibility in the end, that Milton does not have the cash to pay me back.
Anyway Iâ€™m already putting together a document with all the relevant information to this case that might be needed in the future. Iâ€™ll let you know the topics covered in a future post.
BTW, through a search at Switchboard.com here is what came out:
9725 64th Ave
Rego Park, NY 11374-2236
It matches the other address posted on the forum. The phone number is different.
Please let me know what you think of the ideas above and what would be in your opinion the best way to proceed.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thank you all for your help and support