Originally Posted by tomtb1
Since I got the DISH software update late last week, wheneven WAKA HD is selected, the audio from all the OTA HD channels disappears. When the 722 receiver is rebooted, the audio reappears on all channels except WAKA HD. On WAKA HD ,the sound is fine for local programing and commercials , the sound is fine, but when the national HD feed is shown, the sound is gone. This problem has been reported nationally but are other people having this issue in the Montgomery area?
This problem has been reported to DISH and their software update to correct this is supposed to be sent to the 622/722 receivers this week.
A quick way to restore audio to any OTA channel without rebooting, which takes 5 or 6 minutes is:
1. Tune to the OTA channel missing audio.
2. Menu 6-9
3. Left tab to the vertical list of OTA channels
4. Down tab to the channel you want audio restored.
5. Wait for the signal to "Lock" and the green signal strength meter to appear
6. Press "View" to return to live TV
That's it. Audio will be restored on that channel.