Originally Posted by bosiydid
I live in Cohoes, actually almost in Latham, what settings can I check? I didn't actually poke around the settings, I thought the TW tech would optimize it.
I don't guarantee that these would be your settings, but they should be close.
On my SA8300HD cable box:
1. Press Settings on your remote to bring up the Quick Settings screen.
2. Press Settings again to bring up General Settings.
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Set:Picture Format.
4. Either press Select or the right arrow
5. Either Upconvert-1 or PassThru works fine with my Samsung HLR4667W HDTV.
Your Samsung TV may be different than mine, but here are the ones on mine:
1. Press Menu to bring up the TV settings menu
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight Picture and press enter to bring up the picture settings
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Size and press select
4. Mine shows 16:9, Panorama, Zoom1, Zoom2 and 4:3 as the choices if you were on a SD channel, only 16:9 and 4:3 if you were on a HD channel
5. Try selecting 16:9
6. Press menu twice to exit from settings
If your remote is the same as mine, you should also be able to press the Info button to show what the Resolution is that you are receiving from your cable box.
You should check your picture during prime time on one of the major networks, since that is your best chance of finding a program that is in HD.
If you are still having problems, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number so we can discuss it further.