It sounds like you have the same situation I do. I live in Everett in the silver firs area. I have dish too and did not want to give up my PVR either until the new HD PVR 921 comes out and drops down to a 400 dollar price point. I decided to give the OTA (over the air) thing a try and I'm glad I did. Here's the steps I took.
1. Determined what direction i had to point an antenna at and was it cleared. This tread has good links and very helpful people to tell you what your chances of getting a good signal.
2. Bought a new OTA tuner (Samsung t151) on e-bay for 225 dollars
3. Purchased a channel master 4221 and hardware on the Internet for about 35 dollars.
4. climbed up on my roof and locked in my location.
5. hooked it up in my home theater.
6. The rest is history. I have less than 300 dollars into the package and a couple scary moments on my roof.
I get all the locals and PBS too. In total I get 7 or 8 channels that can carry HD. I get more stations that the friend I have who has comcast. Dish is going to have to add alot more content before I spend my cash on their package. I may go back to comcast if they charge for their PVR service like they are talking about.
Ask the Que man for you chance of success with your address and give it a try. I could not be happier. Monday night football was so clean.. Good luck Mike