Originally posted by brandishWCVB-DT will reduce the operating hours shortly. My understanding operation will be 4Pm to 12 Midnight 7days.
That is disappointing to hear. I'm afraid that WCVB won't be the only station to take advantage of the new relaxed regulations. I see this as a big step backward in terms of the advancement of HDTV among the masses. And this in a year where ABC took such a giant step forward in terms of their commitment to HDTV.
As a television salesperson, my job is hard enough to show people the wisdom of buying HD sets now rather than waiting several years. Probably 85% of the people I talk to about HD think that there is currently no HD programing available. The other 15% thinks there is much less available than there actually is.
These new rules will only delay the move to HD. It's beginning to look as if NBC was the smart one the whole time.