Originally Posted by Sevenfeet
No. You'll need to pay extra.
Okay - I got answers to my questions this morning.
I called 244-6222 and treed my way to a cable rep. They took all my info and found out that somehow my cable card had been disassociated from my account. Hence, the new channels (BBCAHD and the rest) weren't entered into their system correctly. After half an hour of reading numbers, the rep said they needed to check with their cable card team, and they'd be in within the hour.
Three hours later, they called back, and asked for my numbers again. Re-read them, they re-entered them, and refreshed, and boom, there are all my channels, PLUS the Encores. They are included in Digital Preferred.
I just now spent ten minutes deleting the old HD channels from my Channel List on my TivoHD and deleting the SD versions of the new channels. First impressions:
- The list on page 114 of this thread was invaluable. Comcast never sent me a channel list.
- The 1002, 1004, 1005 and 1006 are nice to have.
- I love weather on 1111.
- I wish we had the option to include the SD feeds of channels we don't get in HD in the 1000 series. For instance, make NC5+ and WTVFDT3 in the channel range above the locals. It's weird to have single digit SD versions, triple digit digital channels, and quadruple digit HD versions.
- Same thing for things like Weatherscan local, the Nick variants, the MTV variants, etc.
- Is Xfininty 3D 2 going away? (I don't have a 3D TV yet, so I'm not that worried about this one.)
All in all, a good change, and good, albeit slow service from Comcast.