or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › * Offical Velodyne Support Thread *
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

* Offical Velodyne Support Thread * - Page 293

post #8761 of 9549
Hi. I've recently bought a 18DD. But when i increase the volume of the subwoofer to a higher level, the amplifier starts to shut down itself...
And when i increase the volume of the amplifier, then the subwoofer shuts down itself. I tried to reset settings to the default but it didn't help. What's wrong? I am from Prague :-/. Thanks.
post #8762 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyram Rellewd View Post

Hi. I've recently bought a 18DD. But when i increase the volume of the subwoofer to a higher level, the amplifier starts to shut down itself...
And when i increase the volume of the amplifier, then the subwoofer shuts down itself. I tried to reset settings to the default but it didn't help. What's wrong? I am from Prague :-/. Thanks.
The simplest way to test if the problem is with the subwoofer would be to connect the left and right output of a disc player directly to the LFE inputs of the subwoofer. Then place a music CD with good bass tracks in the player and press play. Now adjust the volume of the subwoofer as before and try to duplicate the result. If the sub shuts down then there is a problem with the subwoofer, if it does not, then there is likely some wiring or settings issue.
post #8763 of 9549
Thanks for the reply. I've tried it with a different amplifier and it has the same result. The subwoofer shuts down itself when +6dB testing signal. Don't you know about some service here in Czech Republic where they can help me please? I couldn't find anything.
post #8764 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyram Rellewd View Post

Thanks for the reply. I've tried it with a different amplifier and it has the same result. The subwoofer shuts down itself when +6dB testing signal. Don't you know about some service here in Czech Republic where they can help me please? I couldn't find anything.
PM sent
post #8765 of 9549
My Velodynx VX-10b powers on, green light shows it's picking up the signal, but nothing is coming out.

Lost cause I assume? Tested with a different sub to verify it wasn't my receiver / cable.

May just pick up a Polk PSW10 or Pioneer SW-8 off of Amazon for $99/$109 since it has free shipping. Don't feel like spending much more for this particular room.

My other options are the BIC V1020 or Theater Solutions SUB12D if I want to go a little higher.
Edited by Trajan - 1/8/13 at 11:48am
post #8766 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

My Velodynx VX-10b powers on, green light shows it's picking up the signal, but nothing is coming out.
Lost cause I assume? Tested with a different sub to verify it wasn't my receiver / cable.
May just pick up a Polk PSW10 or Pioneer SW-8 off of Amazon for $99/$109 since it has free shipping. Don't feel like spending much more for this particular room.
My other options are the BIC V1020 or Theater Solutions SUB12D if I want to go a little higher.

Replacement amplifiers for this model are currently available for $125, but a replacement VX-11 is not much more at $169. Also right now you can get two VX-11 subwoofers for $229.
post #8767 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post

Replacement amplifiers for this model are currently available for $125, but a replacement VX-11 is not much more at $169. Also right now you can get two VX-11 subwoofers for $229.

Where are these available at these prices? I see the 2 for $229 on Velodyne's site, but that's it.
post #8768 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post

Where are these available at these prices? I see the 2 for $229 on Velodyne's site, but that's it.

The replacement amplifier can be ordered directly from our parts department.
The single VX-11 for $169 is available from our Ebay store.
And as you stated the 2 VX-11 subwoofers for $229 is available from www.velodyne.com
post #8769 of 9549
Just curious, I just picked up a set of the vx-11's.....are they on sale to clear out inventory for a newer model? or what's the deal?
Thanks
post #8770 of 9549
Yup. I believe VX-11 is a discontinued/clearance product. The stock they're selling was made in 2011, not that's it's bad or anything. I don't think subs have a "best if used by" date. smile.gif
post #8771 of 9549
The VX-11 subwoofer was discontinued from retail sales and is being sold as a direct from Velodyne product. There will be no replacement retail equivalent subwoofer.
post #8772 of 9549
After 6 years my Velodyne SPL-800i unfortunately died. I really like it so I would be happy to get it going again.

The blue light at the front is always dark even if I force POWER to ON, and there is no sound. After opening it up and checking that the fuse was OK, I started to try and figure out what else that could be causing the problem. After quite some disassembly and debugging my focus turned to the transformer which can be seen in the following picture:



I took my multimeter and measured both the input and output of the transformer. For the input the multimeter specified 230V (AC), but the output only specified 0,009V (AV) which I assume can be approximated to 0V (AV). See following picture:



I therefore assume that the transformer has somehow been destroyed and that I need a new one. Does anyone know the part number for this transformer and/or where I can find a replacement? Is it possible to get a replacement from Velodyne (I live in Sweden)?

Best Regards,
Stefan
post #8773 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post

The VX-11 subwoofer was discontinued from retail sales and is being sold as a direct from Velodyne product. There will be no replacement retail equivalent subwoofer.

Does that mean that Velodyne will no longer continue to produce them once stock is cleared out? or they will continue but only sell direct?
Thanks again
post #8774 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica2 View Post

After 6 years my Velodyne SPL-800i unfortunately died. I really like it so I would be happy to get it going again.
The blue light at the front is always dark even if I force POWER to ON, and there is no sound. After opening it up and checking that the fuse was OK, I started to try and figure out what else that could be causing the problem. After quite some disassembly and debugging my focus turned to the transformer which can be seen in the following picture:

I took my multimeter and measured both the input and output of the transformer. For the input the multimeter specified 230V (AC), but the output only specified 0,009V (AV) which I assume can be approximated to 0V (AV). See following picture:

I therefore assume that the transformer has somehow been destroyed and that I need a new one. Does anyone know the part number for this transformer and/or where I can find a replacement? Is it possible to get a replacement from Velodyne (I live in Sweden)?
Best Regards,
Stefan

Velodyne only stocks whole electronics assemblies and does not provide for repair at the component level. The electronics pack can be purchased through our service department (service@velodyne.com) or you can seek local service from our regional distribution partner. (PM sent)
post #8775 of 9549
I bought a referb VX-11 off of Velodyne's ebay and I cant get any sound to come through it. My old sub is a Onkyo SKW-100 that was bundled with a ten year old 6.1 system.
The Onkyo works fine connected with LFE. I've tried two different RCA cables, messed around with the settings on my receiver and tried playing music through my pc and a bluray, but still nothing from the vx-11.The power light comes on and I've messed with the volume on the sub. I can't think of anything else to try and am starting to think its just broken.
post #8776 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnconync View Post

Does that mean that Velodyne will no longer continue to produce them once stock is cleared out? or they will continue but only sell direct?
Thanks again
No official determination has been made. To quote Yoda "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future"
post #8777 of 9549
Hi Rob

I just got a used DD10 (no remote) from a friend. The sub gives no sound at all. The old sub works fine so it must be the Velodyne.
What should I do to know the amp or the driver caused this?

Thanks
post #8778 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post

Hi Rob
I just got a used DD10 (no remote) from a friend. The sub gives no sound at all. The old sub works fine so it must be the Velodyne.
What should I do to know the amp or the driver caused this?
Thanks
Once you have ruled out external causes for the no output, then the issue is most likely to be an electronics based issue. If you complete the attached return authorization request form RMA Request Form.doc 106k .doc file and return it to service@velodyne.com , we will be able to provide instructions for removing and shipping the electronics pack in for service and provide you with current flat rate pricing.
post #8779 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post

Once you have ruled out external causes for the no output, then the issue is most likely to be an electronics based issue. If you complete the attached return authorization request form RMA Request Form.doc 106k .doc file and return it to service@velodyne.com , we will be able to provide instructions for removing and shipping the electronics pack in for service and provide you with current flat rate pricing.

Thank you! What's the cost to repair the amp for this model?
post #8780 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post

Thank you! What's the cost to repair the amp for this model?
PM sent
post #8781 of 9549
I'm the original owner of a Velodyne f-1500-b subwoofer, which I purchased many years ago. Recently, it has stopped working. The LED on the front illuminates when power is applied, but the unit produces no sound. What are my options for repair? I'm technically trained in electronics, and it appears that the amplifier should be easy to remove from the unit. Is a service manual or schematic available? Can the amp be returned to Velodyne for repair?

Thanks in advance,

- Pieter
post #8782 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Jacques View Post

I'm the original owner of a Velodyne f-1500-b subwoofer, which I purchased many years ago. Recently, it has stopped working. The LED on the front illuminates when power is applied, but the unit produces no sound. What are my options for repair? I'm technically trained in electronics, and it appears that the amplifier should be easy to remove from the unit. Is a service manual or schematic available? Can the amp be returned to Velodyne for repair?

Thanks in advance,

- Pieter

While Velodyne no longer stocks replacement boards for this amplifier, it can be repaired on the component level by yourself or any competent repair shop. If you contact us at service@velodyne.com and provide the serial number of your subwoofer, we can provide you with the schematics to assist in the repair.
post #8783 of 9549
Hi, I purchased a EQ-MAX 15 sub woofer from Velodyne's ebay store about a month ago. It's been working great, however its started making a high pitched "whistle" when there's no signal being sent to it. It still sounds great and seems to function just fine but i am a little concerned. What should I do?
post #8784 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM85 View Post

Hi, I purchased a EQ-MAX 15 sub woofer from Velodyne's ebay store about a month ago. It's been working great, however its started making a high pitched "whistle" when there's no signal being sent to it. It still sounds great and seems to function just fine but i am a little concerned. What should I do?
Does this sound persist when you remove the line cable from the back of the subwoofer so it is connected only to the power outlet?
post #8785 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post

Does this sound persist when you remove the line cable from the back of the subwoofer so it is connected only to the power outlet?

Yes, it does...I even tried changing the outlet i had it plugged into but the problem persists.
post #8786 of 9549
Hi guys, I bought a new Velodyne impact 12 from Singapore a week ago with 1 year national warranty (Singapore only) during my family holiday. I tested it and it worked fine so I bought it.

Now I'm back in Australia after holiday and yesterday I tried to hook up this sub to my Yamaha RX-v373 5.1 but I cannot get any sound out of it. my receiver doesn't recognize the sub, it only recognize the speaker (Jamo S426HS3 set with front towers)

tried to hook it up to my ipod with Stereo Y cable 3.5 mm to 2 RCA plugs but no sound either.

Just thought maybe this happened because of the airplane cabin pressure during my journey back from Singapore to Australia... but... not really sure.. just a wild guess...

so since I'm a newbie, I really need help and suggestions..how can I make this subwoofer work again?

Thank you in advance... smile.gif
post #8787 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM85 View Post

Hi, I purchased a EQ-MAX 15 sub woofer from Velodyne's ebay store about a month ago. It's been working great, however its started making a high pitched "whistle" when there's no signal being sent to it. It still sounds great and seems to function just fine but i am a little concerned. What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post

Does this sound persist when you remove the line cable from the back of the subwoofer so it is connected only to the power outlet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM85 View Post

Yes, it does...I even tried changing the outlet i had it plugged into but the problem persists.

Then there must be something wrong with the electronics in the subwoofer, please complete this service request form RMA Request Form.doc 107k .doc file and submit it to service@velodyne.com so we can get that taken care of under warranty.
post #8788 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaioshin02 View Post

Hi guys, I bought a new Velodyne impact 12 from Singapore a week ago with 1 year national warranty (Singapore only) during my family holiday. I tested it and it worked fine so I bought it.

Now I'm back in Australia after holiday and yesterday I tried to hook up this sub to my Yamaha RX-v373 5.1 but I cannot get any sound out of it. my receiver doesn't recognize the sub, it only recognize the speaker (Jamo S426HS3 set with front towers)

tried to hook it up to my ipod with Stereo Y cable 3.5 mm to 2 RCA plugs but no sound either.

Just thought maybe this happened because of the airplane cabin pressure during my journey back from Singapore to Australia... but... not really sure.. just a wild guess...

so since I'm a newbie, I really need help and suggestions..how can I make this subwoofer work again?

Thank you in advance... smile.gif

It is odd to see a unit work when tested, then not work after an airplane ride. Using the iPod and connecting directly to the RCA inputs is a good test, provided the iPod volume is set between 3/4 to full volume. If with music that has heavy bass, you are getting no output then it seems there is a problem with the subwoofer. Unfortunately you will need to contact the Singapore distributor from which you purchased the unit for warranty service.
post #8789 of 9549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Jacques View Post

I'm the original owner of a Velodyne f-1500-b subwoofer, which I purchased many years ago. Recently, it has stopped working. The LED on the front illuminates when power is applied, but the unit produces no sound. What are my options for repair? I'm technically trained in electronics, and it appears that the amplifier should be easy to remove from the unit. Is a service manual or schematic available? Can the amp be returned to Velodyne for repair?

Thanks in advance,

- Pieter

I have an F1500 from 1994 that had the same symptoms. My buddy installed these new amps, and it's working like new again.
post #8790 of 9549
Does Velodyne sell replacement woofers for discontinued products? I own an HGS 18 THX Ultra2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › * Offical Velodyne Support Thread *