or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Los Angeles, CA - TWC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Los Angeles, CA - TWC - Page 282

post #8431 of 8812
Anyone notice that HBOE channel 481HD is now missing....I watched Boardwalk Empire on Sunday and it was still on the channel guide...now it is gone....considering what I pay for the "all in one" this is irritating....

Lynda
post #8432 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by llabine1 View Post

Anyone notice that HBOE channel 481HD is now missing....I watched Boardwalk Empire on Sunday and it was still on the channel guide...now it is gone....considering what I pay for the "all in one" this is irritating....
Lynda

HBO East HD moved to channel 521. Hope this helps.
post #8433 of 8812
Just got a letter today saying that the following channels are moving to SDV on October 15th.

BBC America
BIO
Bloomberg
Cartoon Network HD
Centric
Cloo
CNBC HD
CNBC World
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Disney XD
DIY
ESPNews
ESPN2 HD
ESPNU
Fox Soccer Channel
Soapnet
G4
Great American Country
H2
Hallmark Channel
HGTV HD
Hub
Investigation Discovery
Logo
Military Channel
MTV2
Mun2
OWN
SBS
Showtime HD
post #8434 of 8812
Thanks Masta you made my day
post #8435 of 8812
Is TW talking about HD DTA's?

In the notice TW sent, it mentions that if you have a cablecard system which is not capable of using a tuning adapter, TW will rent you a basic HD converter. Cost will be the same as a cablecard rental for at least one year. That basic HD converter will only allow you to receive channels. No two-way services will work such as on-demand or program guide. Does TW have a HD box that does this, or is this a HD DTA?

Enclosed is the letter. twcsdv.pdf 1168k .pdf file
post #8436 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyPacks View Post

Is TW talking about HD DTA's?
In the notice TW sent, it mentions that if you have a cablecard system which is not capable of using a tuning adapter, TW will rent you a basic HD converter. Cost will be the same as a cablecard rental for at least one year. That basic HD converter will only allow you to receive channels. No two-way services will work such as on-demand or program guide. Does TW have a HD box that does this, or is this a HD DTA?
Enclosed is the letter. twcsdv.pdf 1168k .pdf file

no those are not HD DTA's and they don't remove the guide and VOD etc. The boxes they are giving are just regular boxes like the DCX3200.
post #8437 of 8812
If that is the case, then maybe they should not include the wording: "will allow you to receive programming delivered using SDV, but not our other interactive features."
post #8438 of 8812
Nfl network and redzone have arrived. I was in shock when i received the email about 2 hours ago. They finally bit the bullet! Nfl network is digital basic and Red Zone is on Sports Pass. I dont see it active yet, im in the west san fernando valley. TW says it should be active and ready to go by sunday.
post #8439 of 8812
People are reporting that the NFL channels are now active. HD ones are 355 & 356. SD ones are 1355 & 1356.
post #8440 of 8812
both channels are working for me (eagle rock)
post #8441 of 8812
Thank you! Works in West Valley as well...
post #8442 of 8812
I'm thinking of switching back to TWC from D* because of the new TWSportsnet/Lakers channel. I know that this is available on basic cable, right? But, when I go to the order page, they have options for "Standard" (with over 70 channels) and "Digital" (with over 200 channels).

Is TWSportsnet on "Standard" or "Digital"?
Is Pac12 on "Standard" or "Digital"?

It's only $10/month more for Digital, but these are the only two channels that I would be interested in and I don't want to pay more if I don't need to. It's a little unclear on their website because in the Channel Listings they don't show "Standard" but instead they show "Broadcast" and "Basic."

Any help would be appreciated and I trust you guys to know this information more than their actual CSRs!
post #8443 of 8812
Dish's HD is down scaled to 1440x1080 compared to 1920x1080 (TWC, Direct TV, Fios, etc.)

Just an FYI.

(EDIT: Oops, thought you were switching from TWC to Dish!)
post #8444 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan24 View Post

I'm thinking of switching back to TWC from D* because of the new TWSportsnet/Lakers channel. I know that this is available on basic cable, right? But, when I go to the order page, they have options for "Standard" (with over 70 channels) and "Digital" (with over 200 channels).
Is TWSportsnet on "Standard" or "Digital"?
Is Pac12 on "Standard" or "Digital"?
It's only $10/month more for Digital, but these are the only two channels that I would be interested in and I don't want to pay more if I don't need to. It's a little unclear on their website because in the Channel Listings they don't show "Standard" but instead they show "Broadcast" and "Basic."
Any help would be appreciated and I trust you guys to know this information more than their actual CSRs!

digital. standard only has local channels and a few government, news and educational channels.
post #8445 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post

digital. standard only has local channels and a few government, news and educational channels.
Thanks CaCHooKa Man!
post #8446 of 8812
Do TWC's cable TV and digital phone services get affected by those late night hours' maintenance? I just had an outage starting at 1:00 AM PDT. It's back up now. I wonder if that is what happened to my scheduled recordings that did not happen due to "Not recorded due to a cancellation by the system." and "Not recorded due to the status of the channel." messages. I saw nothing in the Arrais TM502G cable modem's event logs (24 days of uptime) about the maintenance. Too bad DVR don't have logs.

Does the DVR always need to be on to do scheduled recordings? I was doing a recording, I pressed power on my DVR's RC, and Motorola DCX3400 DVR's video screen gave me a warning that it was recording. I thought power off was just sleep/mininal power usage and not actually powering completely. My DTV Pal DVR (for over the air (OTA))'s power off isn't completely off and will turn on when scheduled recordings are run by itself. Am I misunderstanding how this cable DVR work?
Edited by phildaant - 9/25/12 at 11:17am
post #8447 of 8812
Another question: I was doing a recording, I pressed power on my DVR's RC during a recording, and Motorola DCX3400 DVR's video screen gave me a warning that it was recording. I thought power off was just sleep/mininal power usage and not actually powering completely.

My DTV Pal DVR (for over the air (OTA))'s power off isn't completely off and will turn on when scheduled recordings are run by itself. Am I misunderstanding how this cable DVR work?
post #8448 of 8812
if you have a scheduled recording itll record it when its on standby. the box turns on and the audio is on mute until you press a key on the remote. it turns off when the scheduled recording is done if you didnt press anything. you cant turn it off while its recording though.
post #8449 of 8812
I don't have the DCX3400 any more (and when I did I always kept it on), but even if the power button puts it into sleep mode, it would make sense if it threw up a warning if you tried to switch it off, wouldn't it? You can't record in sleep mode after all.
post #8450 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I don't have the DCX3400 any more (and when I did I always kept it on), but even if the power button puts it into sleep mode, it would make sense if it threw up a warning if you tried to switch it off, wouldn't it? You can't record in sleep mode after all.
If I power my off my DVR (no status on the DVR's LED screen/display) before the scheduled recording, the DVR will turn on fully to record and then go back to power off after it is done until the next one or when I power it on?
post #8451 of 8812
Right. But you attempted to power off (or put it to sleep, however you want to look at it) while it was recording. So it reminded you it was busy and couldn't perform that action. I guess I don't understand the confusion.
post #8452 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Right. But you attempted to power off (or put it to sleep, however you want to look at it) while it was recording. So it reminded you it was busy and couldn't perform that action. I guess I don't understand the confusion.
Ah OK. So I can turn it off before recording and it will wake up.
post #8453 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post

digital. standard only has local channels and a few government, news and educational channels.

Isn't that "Broadcast"? Broadcasts costs $17 according to their price list, so paying the promomotional price of $29 would not be worth it. Maybe "Standard" is TV Essentials which has a regular price of $49. Time Warner's website does not actually list what channels are in TV Essentials. From what I remember though it excluded the Basic Cable sports channels in favor of lesser expensive digital-only channels.
post #8454 of 8812
Thanks for the info WackyPacks. I guess I'll have to call Time Warner to find out exactly what package TWSportsnet and Pac12 are in. I wish their website was clearer.
post #8455 of 8812
Tried calling 3 times to get cable tech support, once I pass all the correct menus the call drops or I get a "this number has been disconnected" message from Verizon. Wait time for the online chat seems to be about an hour.
Hm.

(Just received a new SD STB from TW, I get EPG but no picture on any channel.)
post #8456 of 8812
They would not appear in "Broadcast" or "TV Essentials". They are technically in "Basic Cable". However if you just have Basic Cable (Broadcast + analog cable channels + unencrypted digital channels), you cannot get Pac-12 Network or TWC Sportsnet because they will probably be both digital and encrypted. Hence, you actually need the "Digital Cable Package" which is Basic Cable + 1 Digital Tier.

I have no idea why they even use the term "Standard" as it does not appear in their pricing list or channel lineup.


On another note, TWC Sportsnet announced even more Laker programs:

Backstage Lakers - will take fans to previously off-limits areas, including the executive suites and locker rooms.
Floor Seats - interview program that will showcase the Lakers' celebrity fan base.
Laker Girls - reality show about the team's famous eye candy.
post #8457 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyPacks View Post

I have no idea why they even use the term "Standard" as it does not appear in their pricing list or channel lineup.
Yes, this is confusing. I guess maybe it's back to Digital again.
post #8458 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewL View Post

Tried calling 3 times to get cable tech support, once I pass all the correct menus the call drops or I get a "this number has been disconnected" message from Verizon. Wait time for the online chat seems to be about an hour.
Hm.
(Just received a new SD STB from TW, I get EPG but no picture on any channel.)
Might be too late, but usually making the call and doing the automatic "authorize" of the box over the phone works. Then unplug/reboot the box. /Dan
post #8459 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by WackyPacks View Post

They would not appear in "Broadcast" or "TV Essentials". They are technically in "Basic Cable". However if you just have Basic Cable (Broadcast + analog cable channels + unencrypted digital channels), you cannot get Pac-12 Network or TWC Sportsnet because they will probably be both digital and encrypted. Hence, you actually need the "Digital Cable Package" which is Basic Cable + 1 Digital Tier.
I have no idea why they even use the term "Standard" as it does not appear in their pricing list or channel lineup.
On another note, TWC Sportsnet announced even more Laker programs:
Backstage Lakers - will take fans to previously off-limits areas, including the executive suites and locker rooms.
Floor Seats - interview program that will showcase the Lakers' celebrity fan base.
Laker Girls - reality show about the team's famous eye candy.
Well, the listing shows PAC12 LA on BASIC Cable and the alert for LakerTV says:
On or after October 1, 2012, TWC SportsNet, TWC SportsNet HD, TWC Deportes and TWC Deportes HD will be made available to customers with subscription to the Basic Cable tier.
So, even long time subscribers are not sure what the latest naming convention really means! I would go by these and say they are both on basic cable, but not sure. /Dan
post #8460 of 8812
Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post

Well, the listing shows PAC12 LA on BASIC Cable and the alert for LakerTV says:
On or after October 1, 2012, TWC SportsNet, TWC SportsNet HD, TWC Deportes and TWC Deportes HD will be made available to customers with subscription to the Basic Cable tier.
So, even long time subscribers are not sure what the latest naming convention really means! I would go by these and say they are both on basic cable, but not sure. /Dan
Yes, but the problem is when you go to order there is only an option for "Standard" and "Digital" not "Basic."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Los Angeles, CA - TWC