I'm posting this on the Technical Discussion Thread, and the General Thread, for hopes that a lifeline will be sent.
Back before Joe's DVDEdit arrived, I made a mistake in editing some disc information. I revised an xml file to include actors, descriptive information, etc., but mistakenly just copied the same xml file for all 4 discs (Sopranos 4th Season). The result was that 4 discs appeared in the Entre guide as being in slot 60. To make it worse, not one of them was in slot 60, as that slot was occupied by a prior season's disc of the Sopranos (which I copied a lot of the information from).
I first emptied the Changer of the discs, reinserted them, and tried a disc lookup. What ultimately happened is that Sopranos Season 4 did appear on the Entre in the right slots (I had to FTP cover art), but the "old" season 4 remained, all being depicted as if they occupied slot 60.
What I then did (and am now going to undo, but it will still leave the problem), was to identify the xml files of the "ghost" DVDs, and to delete those files. Well, that made matters worse. What now appears in the Entre Guide is the remaining "ghost" DVDs, with no slot identified, and no cover art. It simply indicates that the title is captured as "internal DVD" (something I've never heard of in the Entre).
I tried to rebuild the library, hoping that Slocko's cure for MP3 ghosts would work, but that process involved deleting a particular group first, which isn't an option here--I wouldn't know what to first delete.
If anyone can hazard a guess as to what's happening, I'd be interested.