or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › South Bend, IN - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

South Bend, IN - HDTV - Page 118

post #3511 of 3739
Is there anyone at DISH tech support that someone can contact to resolve these issues concerning 69-01 and EPG on 25-02?
post #3512 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesch1 View Post

Seinfeld was not originally in HD, so I'm sure the reruns won't be either. King of Queens was HD yesterday.

Seinfeld was shot on film and therefore available in HD.
post #3513 of 3739
I noticed yesterday that 25.2 now has PSIP guide data.
post #3514 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTech View Post

I noticed yesterday that 25.2 now has PSIP guide data.

They must have just got it working ... it wasn't there when I checked a couple of days ago.

(DISH is still transmitting the wrong EPG for 26.2.)
post #3515 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalurker View Post

They must have just got it working ... it wasn't there when I checked a couple of days ago.

(DISH is still transmitting the wrong EPG for 26.2.)

I'm still seeing the wrong programming here also..It's the same as 25.1
post #3516 of 3739
Titantv.com is listing programming for a network they are calling "ABC" on 57.2. There is no call sign listed for the sub-channel. The metvnetwork.com schedule says “All times in Eastern/Pacific,” but program times on titantv.com for 57.2 are one hour ahead in comparison.
post #3517 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTech View Post

Titantv.com is listing programming for a network they are calling "ABC" on 57.2. There is no call sign listed for the sub-channel. The metvnetwork.com schedule says All times in Eastern/Pacific, but program times on titantv.com for 57.2 are one hour ahead in comparison.

Yep ... it looks like the schedule is adjusted for Central Time (subtract one hour) on Titan TV when it shouldn't be.
As noted earlier in the thread, the MeTV Network website (not to be confused with metv.com which is under construction and apparently not legitimate) states:

You can watch Me-Too in South Bend - Elkhart on the following stations:
Over the air: WBND 57.2

post #3518 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalurker View Post

Yep ... it looks like the schedule is adjusted for Central Time (subtract one hour) on Titan TV when it shouldn't be.
As noted earlier in the thread, the MeTV Network website (not to be confused with metv.com which is under construction and apparently not legitimate) states:

You can watch Me-Too in South Bend - Elkhart on the following stations:
Over the air: WBND 57.2


It makes me wonder how TitanTV got the incomplete and incorrect information.

I apparently missed the post, but saw the "Where do I watch?" information for our area on metvnetwork.com a while back, maybe a week or two ago. I think they're just teasing us.
post #3519 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTech View Post

I apparently missed the post,

December 17th.

My only problem with that plan is 57 is the channel I have the biggest problem receiving (which is why I'm really happy to see 57.1 HD on DISH).
post #3520 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalurker View Post

December 17th.

My only problem with that plan is 57 is the channel I have the biggest problem receiving (which is why I'm really happy to see 57.1 HD on DISH).

I know what you're saying. I have the most trouble with 16 when it's windy. I sometimes wish I had analog to fall back on for severe weather coverage or ND home football games.
post #3521 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtech View Post

it makes me wonder how titantv got the incomplete and incorrect information.

I apparently missed the post, but saw the "where do i watch?" information for our area on metvnetwork.com a while back, maybe a week or two ago. I think they're just teasing us. :d

post #3522 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post


The question is ... where is it?

Titan TV says it is there ...
The metvnetwork.com website says it is there on 57.2 ...
ABC57 posted on Facebook that it was there on December 15th.
(Which means Wikipedia says it is there and won't accept the truth.)

When will actual viewers see 57.2 ???
post #3523 of 3739
That's all I have to say.
post #3524 of 3739
Well looks like my new receiver didn't fix the video stuttering problem I see on 25.2 which I had hoped it would. Not a huge deal, especially since I can use my 360 to watch all channels stutter free. :-) However I did discover some very nice things about my new receiver that makes watching local channels that haven't yet upgraded to Dolby 5.1 even more enjoyable. My receiver can run in Dolby Pro Logic IIx mode, or alternatively I can use Harman's Logic 7 mode. Although true Dolby 5.1 would be more desirable, these modes do a pretty good job of filling in the gap where 5.1 is missing. :-)
post #3525 of 3739
I thought I was just seeing things but I noticed ch. 16 is not broadcasting 5.1. At first I thought it was my 360 but I found this was also true if I watched ch. 16 directly on Mediacenter. I was sure 16 was a 5.1 channel and it is. I checked a recording of Chuck and that did playback in 5.1. Do they only switch to 5.1 when it's available?
post #3526 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post

I thought I was just seeing things but I noticed ch. 16 is not broadcasting 5.1. At first I thought it was my 360 but I found this was also true if I watched ch. 16 directly on Mediacenter. I was sure 16 was a 5.1 channel and it is. I checked a recording of Chuck and that did playback in 5.1. Do they only switch to 5.1 when it's available?

Yes, they only broadcast 5.1 384kbps during the national HD streams. They switch back to 2.0 384kbps at other times (even during local news in HD).
post #3527 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalurker View Post

The question is ... where is it?

Titan TV says it is there ...
The metvnetwork.com website says it is there on 57.2 ...
ABC57 posted on Facebook that it was there on December 15th.
(Which means Wikipedia says it is there and won't accept the truth.)

When will actual viewers see 57.2 ???

To add to the mystery, 57.2 has disappeared from the TitanTV grid. Is And then there were none...... a reference to the Agatha Christie mystery novel by that name? Stay tuned folks...
post #3528 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTech View Post

To add to the mystery, 57.2 has disappeared from the TitanTV grid. Is And then there were none...... a reference to the Agatha Christie mystery novel by that name? Stay tuned folks...

I was hinting at something that disappeared from the airwaves. 57-2 was not it.
post #3529 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post

I was hinting at something that disappeared from the airwaves. 57-2 was not it.

25.2 THIS is still there ...

Are you referring to the analog 25/57/69 ? Or did I lose those trying to adjust my antenna for 57-2?

BTW: I scanned 49 for 57.2 ... no changes there.
post #3530 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalurker View Post

25.2 THIS is still there ...

Are you referring to the analog 25/57/69 ? Or did I lose those trying to adjust my antenna for 57-2?

BTW: I scanned 49 for 57.2 ... no changes there.

You didn't loose the analogs, everybody did.
post #3531 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post

I was hinting at something that disappeared from the airwaves. 57-2 was not it.

Yes, I noticed. I think 25 was the last of the analogs I could receive.
post #3532 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post
I was hinting at something that disappeared from the airwaves. 57-2 was not it.
It a odd and kind of sad moment when I did a channel scan on my tv and there were no analogs to be found. However I'm also happy, no more having to go into my tv's settings and block the analogs back out. :-)
post #3533 of 3739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post
It a odd and kind of sad moment when I did a channel scan on my tv and there were no analogs to be found. However I'm also happy, no more having to go into my tv's settings and block the analogs back out. :-)
Nothing "official" on WBND-LP and WCWW-LP yet ... The request to remain silent for WMYS-LP (as of 11-30-10) was filed 12-7 and noted it was silent due to the inability to get a power supply for the transmitter. When approved the STA can be extended but WMYS-LP will have to return to air by 11-30-11 or surrender it's license. WBND-LP and WCWW-LP apparently went silent 12-28? They too will have the year to get back on the air (with the appropriate filings).

Since all three stations have digital companions I wonder when the FCC will simply pull the plug. Silent STAs are generally granted but at some point the analogs will have to leave the air. Why not now? (BTW: I know some people who should be happy to see WMYS-LP silent as it was interfering with their repeater system.)

The other LP in the market, WEID (formerly W18CF TBN Elkhart) was displaced by WISE-DT Fort Wayne and will never return to the air as an analog. They are now owned by Daystar and have asked for digital service on 16, moving their facility to a cell tower on Ash Rd near the St Joesph River (instead of CR 7, Elkhart). That leave WYGN Berrien Springs (10) as the last analog in the South Bend market.
post #3534 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post
That's all I have to say.
Because there is NOTHING more to say. The immediate South Bend area is now analog-free OTA!
post #3535 of 3739
Holy macro-blocking! Happy new year! I have Dick Clark's new years celebration and man did the confetti make the screen a moment that would have made the Lego company proud. :-)
post #3536 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfury View Post

Holy macro-blocking! Happy new year! I have Dick Clark's new years celebration and man did the confetti make the screen a moment that would have made the Lego company proud. :-)

I don't think there's a confetti-proof option for encoders yet.
post #3537 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs10trk View Post

I don't think there's a confetti-proof option for encoders yet.

Somehow I don't think ABC's using their best equipment either. I noticed things were all grainy and blocky, but the second they cut to a commercial, everything was clear. Of course being that they are shooting live at night probably doesn't help at all either. Oh well, the grainy imagery didn't stop me from enjoying the Jenny McCarthy show.. Um.. I mean New Year's Eve festivities anyway. :-)
post #3538 of 3739
Today 69.1 has the MeTV logo on the screen, and some of the programming has changed, according to the guide data I have.
post #3539 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesch1 View Post

Today 69.1 has the MeTV logo on the screen, and some of the programming has changed, according to the guide data I have.

The ZAP2it, TV Guide, TitanTV, and mymichianatv.com online guides look like they have the correct programming information for 69.1. The PSIP guide data is incorrect, however.
post #3540 of 3739
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGTech View Post

The ZAP2it, TV Guide, TitanTV, and mymichianatv.com online guides look like they have the correct programming information for 69.1. The PSIP guide data is incorrect, however.

Should be better now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › South Bend, IN - HDTV