No reports of any issues with the b band converters. However I had a similar issue with one of the bars. Try this if you are still having an issue with some of your HD channels.
1) Go to your swtich outside (WB68 switch)
2) disconnect your port 1 INPUT from the dish
3) Barrel connect your H20 feed and the signal coming off your 99/101/103 dish (Port 1 input on your WB68 switch)
4) unplug your H20 wait 15 seconds then plug back in
5) go to menu on your H20 once it boots back up
7) 'Reconfigure dish set up' or 'reconfigure dish settings'
8) Be sure to choose '5 LNB set up' > continue
9) The h20 should then 'auto configure' its self to determine which satellites are being recongnised.
By going direct and by passing the switch you can eliminate a bad switch issue.
Originally Posted by 808vikingsfan
Question for directv subcribers with HD (two 1.2m dishes)
Anyone else losing channels 72 (espn2) and 79(hdnet)? Just wondering if it's just me.
I noticed that since I put the b band converters in (to watch the new HD channels), my ch 72 and 79 keeps losing signal (73-78 are ok). After troubleshooting a bit here's what I found:
I found that if I disconnect and reconnect the bband converters, ch 72 and 79 come back strong (75-85 signal). BUT, once I swtich to one of the new HD channels (eg. 77, or 212HD), I lose ch 72 and 79 again. Checking signal strength, a few transponders that I normally have signal on (sat 119(24,26,28,30) all go to zero and I notice signal drop on everthing on sat 119 and 110. If I quickly disconnect and reconnect the bband converter, ch72 adn 79 are back and my signal strengths are all back up.
If I remove the b band converters all together, ch 72 and 79 work like a charm, but then I lose all the new HD channels.
I thought it may be a grounding issue but this doesnt' happen on my HR20 (moved boxes around, also tried different bband converters). Sounds like the H20 is having a hard time switching with the B band converters.