or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Austin, TX - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Austin, TX - HDTV - Page 227

post #6781 of 6866
Fortunately, as of yesterday, KTBCDT2 (Movies! 7.2) appears via an automatic channel scan in WMC and also has Guide listings, so this appears resolved (for me). Zap2it, where WMC gets its guide data, had the channel all along, so I'm not sure if that was really the issue. Either way, seems to be good now.

50s, 60s, and 70s movies for everyone. wink.gif
post #6782 of 6866
7.2 finally started showing up on Friday, June 7 for me via the auto-update of WMC. smile.gif
post #6783 of 6866
No one able to decode TSID For channel 46 in Waco? I don't have the tools. I've been working w/ DISH since no one @ KNCT seems to care -- they say their TSID is correct, however, it was exactly 1 year to the date that DISH had them fix it that it broke again.
post #6784 of 6866
KNCT's TSID was wrong as of mid-May. It was 3381, when it should be 2773.

Of course, KWKT's TSID was also wrong as of mid-May. It was 2161 when it should be 2979.

- Trip
post #6785 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

7.2 is not appearing in my DirecTV OTA listing. Anyone know how the DTV list is derived?

Yes, it's manually set by DirecTV, no scanning allowed for anything besides an HR34 receiver with the AM21 outboard box. Until DirecTV chooses to add it, we won't have it.
post #6786 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

KNCT's TSID was wrong as of mid-May. It was 3381, when it should be 2773.

Of course, KWKT's TSID was also wrong as of mid-May. It was 2161 when it should be 2979.

- Trip

Thanks Trip! That explains exactly why I see spanish programming data on my guide 46-02 for KNCT. 46-01 and 46-03 just show "Digital Service". It's funny that it pretty much changed exactly a year to the date of it being fixed last time. My antenna is unable to pick up KWKT so I can't verify what it shows.
post #6787 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsho View Post

Yes, it's manually set by DirecTV, no scanning allowed for anything besides an HR34 receiver with the AM21 outboard box. Until DirecTV chooses to add it, we won't have it.

The HR44 will also scan like the HR34 and put all available subchannels on your guide. For both Genies, the "extra" sub-channels will appear on your guide, but you won't have guide data. For example, if the 7-2 you are talking about is NOT in the database, the HR34 and HR44 will show channel 7-2 but with "Regular schedule" for the guide info for all eternity.
post #6788 of 6866
So....to record we would have to set manual recordings, eh?
post #6789 of 6866
The AM21 software has changed again. There is a long, tedious, but usually effective workaround, if you're interested. What subchannels are you missing, with call letters?
post #6790 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1980 View Post

The AM21 software has changed again. There is a long, tedious, but usually effective workaround, if you're interested. What subchannels are you missing, with call letters?

I'd certainly be interested in learning about this. In St Louis, the channels are 2.2 (KTVI) and 30.3 (KDNL) that do not have guide data over D*'s system. I do have the HR44 and an AM21C (still needs a power cord at the moment).

Your tips and advice would be appreciated!
post #6791 of 6866
I will attempt to assist! First, I must credit user coconut10 on satelliteguys.us for discovering this work-around. It works with the HR34-AM21 set up, on most software versions. Hopefully it will with the HR44.

It's kinda off-topic to talk about St. Louis in the Austin, TX forum, so I will PM you with the work-around.
post #6792 of 6866
Hi all, we've been renting in Pflugerville for the last year and have had Suddenlink for basic TV and internet, which came to about $55 a month. Now we are getting ready to move into Austin and it looks like TWC will be our only choice for cable. In looking at their pricing online, it seems like we're in for a pretty hefty price hike to get anything comparable to what we currently have with Suddenlink. What I really can't tell from their website is, can you still receive local channels in HD with clear QAM, no box required? We can do this with Suddenlink, but I believe there was talk of TWC dropping the clear QAM channels. And of course that means we would need an HD box (more $!) even with the most basic TV package, I assume?

I may have to look into options for a decent antenna and install!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried the online chat with TWC support to ask about Clear QAM, and was told "Sorry, I don't see any channels with that name in our lineup". rolleyes.gif
Edited by bswiz - 9/16/13 at 8:48pm
post #6793 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post

Hi all, we've been renting in Pflugerville for the last year and have had Suddenlink for basic TV and internet, which came to about $55 a month. Now we are getting ready to move into Austin and it looks like TWC will be our only choice for cable. In looking at their pricing online, it seems like we're in for a pretty hefty price hike to get anything comparable to what we currently have with Suddenlink. What I really can't tell from their website is, can you still receive local channels in HD with clear QAM, no box required? We can do this with Suddenlink, but I believe there was talk of TWC dropping the clear QAM channels. And of course that means we would need an HD box (more $!) even with the most basic TV package, I assume?

I may have to look into options for a decent antenna and install!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried the online chat with TWC support to ask about Clear QAM, and was told "Sorry, I don't see any channels with that name in our lineup". rolleyes.gif

TWC has never specifically specified clear QAM going away only analog is going to be phased out over a several year period company wide.

Clear QAM is still available on TWC and will be that way until there are 0 analogs and after that TWC has to give 30 days notice of encryption if it were to happen.

Here in Dallas TWC has moved almost all of the clear QAM locals onto RF channel QAM carriers 2, 15, 18, 19, 25, 27, 28, 98, 101, 102
post #6794 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120 View Post

TWC has never specifically specified clear QAM going away only analog is going to be phased out over a several year period company wide.

Clear QAM is still available on TWC and will be that way until there are 0 analogs and after that TWC has to give 30 days notice of encryption if it were to happen.

Here in Dallas TWC has moved almost all of the clear QAM locals onto RF channel QAM carriers 2, 15, 18, 19, 25, 27, 28, 98, 101, 102

Thanks, it's frustrating that I can't get a straight answer from the TWC chat support. I guess they would prefer people not even know about it to push them to get an HD cable box at extra cost.

I may eventually add an attic antenna and the required cabling, but for now I guess I'll suck it up and pay the $15 a month for basic basic cable.
post #6795 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post

Thanks, it's frustrating that I can't get a straight answer from the TWC chat support. I guess they would prefer people not even know about it to push them to get an HD cable box at extra cost.

I may eventually add an attic antenna and the required cabling, but for now I guess I'll suck it up and pay the $15 a month for basic basic cable.

To my knowledge, no more clear QAM over cable and the basic package has been pretty well stripped. Roof top antennae is the best way to go.
post #6796 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSZsr View Post

To my knowledge, no more clear QAM over cable and the basic package has been pretty well stripped. Roof top antennae is the best way to go.

?? Clear QAM is still there.

xnappo
post #6797 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

?? Clear QAM is still there.

xnappo

Is KXAN HD there? All five HD stations?
post #6798 of 6866
Can someone please post the Time Warner Clear QAM channel numbers for the HD locals? I just switched my Panasonic from antenna to cable, did a channel scan and I can only find KNVA.
post #6799 of 6866
Not sure what's going on with TWC - I was pulling local HD over basic cable using Windows Media Center and in the past week there has been much strangeness. Duplicate channels showing up, and now, the channels appear to have moved completely. KXAN replaced by KLRU-Q, etc. From some of the posts it appears that this is normal/expected behavior from TWC?
post #6800 of 6866
Anyone up in Cedar Park/Leander able to pick up FOX 7? I lost them a few days ago and haven't seen a blip out of them since. Wondering if the storms caused any issues... My antenna is in my attic and all other channels are coming in at 90%+, so not too sure where KTBC went.
post #6801 of 6866
I've been getting it fine in SE Round Rock. No issues here. I am actually picking up KCWX (2) out of San Antonio today with no problems -- must be ideal weather conditions. I have an attic mounted antenna also.
post #6802 of 6866
Thanks sivartk -- guess it's time for me to do a little more troubleshooting...
post #6803 of 6866
Anyone having any issues with sound from KEYE 42.1 during football today? At first I thought I was losing the right speaker in my 5.1 setup, but after power cycling the antenna pre-amp and comparing all my channels, it appears just the right channel on KEYE is screwy. Getting a lot of vibrating noise/pulsing.
post #6804 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal0 View Post

Anyone having any issues with sound from KEYE 42.1 during football today? At first I thought I was losing the right speaker in my 5.1 setup, but after power cycling the antenna pre-amp and comparing all my channels, it appears just the right channel on KEYE is screwy. Getting a lot of vibrating noise/pulsing.

 

I just tried it, and the audio sounds normal to me.

post #6805 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal0 View Post

Anyone having any issues with sound from KEYE 42.1 during football today? At first I thought I was losing the right speaker in my 5.1 setup, but after power cycling the antenna pre-amp and comparing all my channels, it appears just the right channel on KEYE is screwy. Getting a lot of vibrating noise/pulsing.

Yes, it was bad, during both the game and commercials.
post #6806 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

Yes, it was bad, during both the game and commercials.
Cool, thanks. I verified on both my WMC HTPC with the TV's built-in speakers and the Xbox extender setup with 5.1 stereo.

For those trying to verify, it's most noticeable during music, not speech, and it sounds like the volume level has peaked (even on low volumes) and is causing distortion in the right channel only.

Edit: Looks like it may be fixed now.
post #6807 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post

Not sure what's going on with TWC - I was pulling local HD over basic cable using Windows Media Center and in the past week there has been much strangeness. Duplicate channels showing up, and now, the channels appear to have moved completely. KXAN replaced by KLRU-Q, etc. From some of the posts it appears that this is normal/expected behavior from TWC?

I'm in RR and I use a TIVO box with Basic cable and found that all the local Digital channels are now gone. This started about 3 months ago, FOX went away, then KVUE, then KXAN and now CBS and KLRU are all gone. On one of my old TV's with cable connected directly to it, everytime i had it do a channel search the local digital channels would jump around to random numbers. I've never had that problem with Tivo but now they are all completely gone.

so my only options are, get an antenna (can anyone recomend a decent one?) or pay TWC for digital cable + the converter box or cable card fee's.. ugh.
post #6808 of 6866
I live in Northeast RR near Hutto and using an Antennas Direct ClearStream 2 antenna mounted to the roof and I'm pulling all the local channels for free (Fox, NBC, CBS, WB, etc). I used to have TWC but cut the cord back in 07 and have never looked back.
post #6809 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrav1981 View Post

I'm in RR and I use a TIVO box with Basic cable and found that all the local Digital channels are now gone. This started about 3 months ago, FOX went away, then KVUE, then KXAN and now CBS and KLRU are all gone. On one of my old TV's with cable connected directly to it, everytime i had it do a channel search the local digital channels would jump around to random numbers. I've never had that problem with Tivo but now they are all completely gone.

so my only options are, get an antenna (can anyone recomend a decent one?) or pay TWC for digital cable + the converter box or cable card fee's.. ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott750 View Post

I live in Northeast RR near Hutto and using an Antennas Direct ClearStream 2 antenna mounted to the roof and I'm pulling all the local channels for free (Fox, NBC, CBS, WB, etc). I used to have TWC but cut the cord back in 07 and have never looked back.

I agree with the above. I'm in the same area and went attic mounted antenna and can get all the locals other than the low power KBVO. I also get 25 and 46 out of Waco, too. If I roof mounted it, I could probably pull all of the Waco channels. I "cut the cord" back in 2006. I use a HTPC as a DVR.
post #6810 of 6866
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post


I agree with the above. I'm in the same area and went attic mounted antenna and can get all the locals other than the low power KBVO. I also get 25 and 46 out of Waco, too. If I roof mounted it, I could probably pull all of the Waco channels. I "cut the cord" back in 2006. I use a HTPC as a DVR.

Dang I can't access the Waco channels from my house. But my antenna is facing towards downtown Austin to make sure those channels come in clear. Is it worth trying to boost my signal to get those channels?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Austin, TX - HDTV