or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV - Page 319

post #9541 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post

The 106.7 signal is a translator for KHCB 105.7 out of Houston. They installed a 104.9 translator in Beaumont on the Lucas tower (where the LD6 is supposed to be) and then used that as the source for the 106.7 in PA...along with the 107.1 LPFM in PA, it makes 106.9 a rough catch on tabletop radios in south county. Of course, 106.9 and 107.5 are simulcasting but the 107.5 east of Lake Charles kills that a lot of times.

I've never had a problem with 106.9 until yesterday.

What contour are they supposed to overlap? The LPFM in Beaumont or the main FP FM? If it's the main signal, then there's NO WAY that is happening. GGGgggrrrrrrrrr!
post #9542 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

OK,OK,OK... Geez. Yeah,yeah,yeah, I get it. Allright, you can tell (not yell) us all about it. YOU try typing perfectly on these little Droid keyboards . You do realize the t is right next to the y, right??? PPPppppbbbbbttthhh

Have a great trip.

No thanks, that's one of many reasons I don't own a droid, iPhone, or whatever happens to be the latest miniture moble device.

I've never wondered why the "T" is next to the "Y" key before. I think I will not worry about it now, either.

My current cell phone doesn't even take pictures. I hope to retire before Sinclair sends me the iPhone all the CE's are supposed to have.

I will attempt to have a good time in Europe; no promises, though.

My next post will be after my return; everyone take care and most important: Have fun!

R
post #9543 of 9895
Beaumont and Orange both, as well as Crowley, Louisiana were granted Construction Permits for new LD stations today. Spirit of Prayer Ministries was granted a CP for channel 3, K03IT, in Orange, and Armando Murillo was granted a CP for channel 48, K48NU, in Beaumont. He also was granted a CP for channel 38, K38OF, in Crowley, Louisiana. DTV Enterprises was granted a CP for channel 36, K36MG, also in Crowley.
post #9544 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

I've never had a problem with 106.9 until yesterday.

What contour are they supposed to overlap? The LPFM in Beaumont or the main FP FM? If it's the main signal, then there's NO WAY that is happening. GGGgggrrrrrrrrr!

In broadcast, no overlap is supposed to happen...well overlap of the service contour (which in the radio side is the 1mV or 60dbu side)...106.9's 1mV contour can be seen on the FCC web site...and the translators cannot interfer with that; however, there is a clause in the rules that any listener complaint must be dealt with as translators are not protected stations (at least in the radio side...they are a Class D signal like a LPFM or an old 10watt high school/college station used to be decades ago..some still remain but not many)

If you are having reception issues, then file with the FCC (online using Form 2000)..going to the broadcaster will not get it changed (which is why the 103.3 Clear Channel translator in Beaumont is still on..not enough people have complained to the FCC...where it needs to go)
post #9545 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

Beaumont and Orange both, as well as Crowley, Louisiana were granted Construction Permits for new LD stations today. Spirit of Prayer Ministries was granted a CP for channel 3, K03IT, in Orange, and Armando Murillo was granted a CP for channel 48, K48NU, in Beaumont. He also was granted a CP for channel 38, K38OF, in Crowley, Louisiana. DTV Enterprises was granted a CP for channel 36, K36MG, also in Crowley.

Hmmm a LD on 3 could use the 4 antenna in Vidor....and when they get their 3000w increase, that would be a good signal....however, given that NOONE really knows about 27 or 12.3/.4 (well a majority of people around here), it probably wont go anywhere..unless it had some good programming like Antenna TV, etc. Has anyone been watching the problems on 27? 27.1 half the time is playing the video in a very choppy manner, 27.2 is in the wrong aspect (its not in 4x3..if you stretch it on your screen, it looks right then) and the audio is horrible at times; dont know who is doing their ad prouction, but it sucks!....and still nothing on RF 6....not surprised
post #9546 of 9895
GGGgggrrrrrr. I put up an FM anyenna just a few weeks ago with a CM 7777 pre-amp that was brand new in the box. I had stumbled into a really good deal for it a few months ago, so I ordered it so I could use it with the FM antenna. Well, the power supply went kaput last week. I know it is the power supply because I hooked the TV 7777 power supply up to the FM 7777 and it works great.

I just ordered a replacement power supply (open box) from Channel Master... First CM product that has failed on me.
post #9547 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

GGGgggrrrrrr. I put up an FM anyenna just a few weeks ago with a CM 7777 pre-amp that was brand new in the box. I had stumbled into a really good deal for it a few months ago, so I ordered it so I could use it with the FM antenna. Well, the power supply went kaput last week. I know it is the power supply because I hooked the TV 7777 power supply up to the FM 7777 and it works great.

I just ordered a replacement power supply (open box) from Channel Master... First CM product that has failed on me.

Hmm sorry to hear that..next time, let me know...I dont use the 7777 power supply as my DISH rcvr handles it quite nicely..so I have 2 or 3 7777 power supplies lying around....The inside of the PS is not much...could be easily repaired (only 19V DC and not sure if its regulated...)
post #9548 of 9895
Well the new site is up...but I had some issues getting to my subscribed threads...and not sure if it will remember them next time...
New site will take some time getting used to...
post #9549 of 9895
BPTTV, what tower is that in your avatar pic???
Edited by OTAhead - 6/7/12 at 9:22am
post #9550 of 9895
I was in Houston yesterday and when I got done with what I went over there for my best friend and I made a run to Fry's... smile.gif The ad in Fridays Houston Chronicle had a "name brand" 23" 1080 LED HDTV for $179. Turned out was it was an LG. I ended up buying one of them. I will let you know what I think about it when I get it mounted and set up...
post #9551 of 9895
Good news/Bad news

Good news: LG HDTV is great. Excellent picture with a great tuner. It has a channel scan of course, but also allows for manual tuning with not only a signal strength meter, but also a SIGNAL QUALITY meter. This is the first TV I have had that provided that. I was surprised however to find that the TV operates on 19 volts DC power. I was just as surprised to find that the LG remote operates my Haier HDTV...

BAD news: I got the replacement CM7777 power supply Friday and installed it earlier today just to have it also go kaput after about 3 minutes... frown.gif So, I guess I do have a problem up top with the amplifier unit. I guess I will have to get another outside unit. For the time being I will just hook the antenna straight to the reciever...
post #9552 of 9895
The is a former ATT microwave tower east of Willis.....American Tower owned it for a while then sold it to a two way company in Houston for pennies on the dollar (10acres, cinderblock building, diesel generator, underground tank for 1 week of run time, etc for less than $25,000) Its just off 1097 about a mile east of Willis...
post #9553 of 9895
LG and one other make has both signal strength and quality meters from what I have seen.....While in Dallas, the hotel I stayed at had 37in in the living room and a 37inch in both bedrooms. They were Curtis Mathis labled by the display of Channel and Volume were exactly like my 32in Haier...
One problem I found was they had their own volume on some of the internal house channels set to high....a 2 was too loud and a 1 was NO audio....OPPS
Edited by BPTTV - 6/11/12 at 3:52pm
post #9554 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

I was in Houston yesterday and when I got done with what I went over there for my best friend and I made a run to Fry's... smile.gif The ad in Fridays Houston Chronicle had a "name brand" 23" 1080 LED HDTV for $179. Turned out was it was an LG. I ended up buying one of them. I will let you know what I think about it when I get it mounted and set up...

23 inch...that's a PC screen wink.gif
post #9555 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

23 inch...that's a PC screen wink.gif

Yeah, yeah, but it will be perfect where I want to put it. It is going on a beam that runs across the cabin about 7 1/2 feet high just past the end of the bed... I bought a tilt mount for it, so it will be great for lying in bed to watch the news or even a movie. But to watch a movie from the blue ray or shows from the DVR, I will need to get a 3 X 2 HDMI switch. I only have a 3 X 1 now.
post #9556 of 9895
I ordered the 4X2 remote control switchbox ($39) and a 20' HDMI cable ($17) from monoprice.com... biggrin.gif
Edited by OTAhead - 6/11/12 at 11:22am
post #9557 of 9895
post #9558 of 9895
KHOU is installing a new antenna and getting ready to go to 60 KW ERP... The signal will reach almost to Bevil Oaks when done.
post #9559 of 9895
Looked like KFDM was off air for a short while today..possibly due to lightning?
post #9560 of 9895
When they do, all other stations in Houston farm would (iirc the rules correctly) be able to increase ERP (along with correct antenna since KHOU is using a DA) to match coverage. That will be interesting.
post #9561 of 9895
First time I have visited in awhile.
Strange not to see the forum in the old "retro" pink and black color that I always had it set in. lol
post #9562 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade View Post

First time I have visited in awhile.
Strange not to see the forum in the old "retro" pink and black color that I always had it set in. lol

Well, welcome back to the neighborhood!
post #9563 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post

Looked like KFDM was off air for a short while today..possibly due to lightning?

KUMY channel 22 has been off all weekend... Hhhhmmmm... I wonder if Gershon is finally getting around to putting on the digital transmitter???
post #9564 of 9895
Welcome back Richard! I saw you changed your avatar picture, so I figured you must jave made it back from across the pond without any international incidents...
post #9565 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

KUMY channel 22 has been off all weekend... Hhhhmmmm... I wonder if Gershon is finally getting around to putting on the digital transmitter???

No digital for channel 22 as of yet... Still analog. frown.gif
post #9566 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

Welcome back Richard! I saw you changed your avatar picture, so I figured you must jave made it back from across the pond without any international incidents...

The Europeans just haven't noticed what I did yet! smile.gif

It was a good trip. I had no working cell phone for the entire 12 day trip; so there was no need to worry about the station; I couldn't do anything about it anyway.

I found out that they had a few problems while I was gone, including losing the transmitter; but they fixed everything without me. Just goes to show you that no one is indispensable. (Put you finger into a bucket of water; pull it out; the hole you see in the water indicates how indispensable you are).

We did a bus tour in Paris and London with intentions of going back to the highlights. There were no highlights worth returning to in Paris due mostly to the constant rain. London weather was better, but very cool. Bulgaria was OK, but hot. All together, I'd rate the trip a "6" on a scale of 1 - 10.

My biggest problem with all three countries was the lack of Dr Pepper; just coke and pepsi.


R
post #9567 of 9895
As long as the Coke came In diet form, I wouldn't have had a problem... smile.gif Glad you made it back and had a relatively good trip. Welcome home and back to the good ol' USA.
post #9568 of 9895
FYI.....KATC is now broadcasting their .2 CW sub in 720p HD. It doesnt look like their main 720p ABC feed is suffering too much.....guess the encoders are getting better at compression. Also KLAF-LP has made the flashcut to digital so no analog stations remain in Lafayette.
post #9569 of 9895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleblan1 View Post

FYI.....KATC is now broadcasting their .2 CW sub in 720p HD. It doesnt look like their main 720p ABC feed is suffering too much.....guess the encoders are getting better at compression. Also KLAF-LP has made the flashcut to digital so no analog stations remain in Lafayette.

MPEG2 only goes so far though. But at least its 720p and 720p, I'll have to check it out when I get chance to compare it.
post #9570 of 9895
Ok, MeTV impressed me today....Today's episode of M*A*S*H actually included 2 scenes I havent seen in a LONG time...not bad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV