or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs › Announcing: WiRNS 1.0.0 SP PreAlpha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Announcing: WiRNS 1.0.0 SP PreAlpha - Page 3  

post #61 of 721
Is there a way to see the guide data assembled by WIRNS without pushing it into my RTV?

John
post #62 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by supergenius
Kjac,

when I got home today I saw the exception error again:


[2004-03-01 23:42:52] WiRNS v1.0.0 - (c) 2004 kjac
[2004-03-01 23:42:52] Thanks: ijprest, waynethedvrguy, Remmer99, gduprey, LeeTho
mpson, j.m. and all the other Replay Hackers out there.
[2004-03-01 23:42:52] Initializing.
[2004-03-01 23:42:52] Cleaning up database.
[2004-03-01 23:42:52] Vacuuming database
[2004-03-01 23:43:04] Detected that I'm running from command line.
[2004-03-01 23:43:04] Loading configuration
[2004-03-01 23:43:04] Starting guide update timer.
[2004-03-01 23:43:05] Detected configuration settings. Starting Replay Emulatio
n server on: 192.168.2.101
[2004-03-01 23:43:05] Loading server plugins.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: ChannelGuideProvider.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: HeadendProvider.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: PutSyslogProvider.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: ServerManagment.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: ZipcodeProvider.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Replay Network Server Emulation started.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Starting configuration server on 127.0.0.1:8923
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Loading server plugins.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Plugin: ServerManagment.dll loaded.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Replay Network Server Emulation started.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Starting ntp proxy server.
[2004-03-01 23:43:08] Starting DNS Proxy
[DNS] micro_dns initializing
[DNS] Attempting to reply with 192.168.2.101 for production queries.
[DNS] Attempting to proxy non-production requests to 24.57.44.255.
[DNS] micro_dns listing on port 53
[DNS] Spoofing response of 57 bytes
[DNS] Spoofing response of 61 bytes
[2004-03-02 01:05:13] Hijacking headend request, because we serve it locally.
[2004-03-02 01:05:14] Hijacking headend request, because we serve it locally.
[DNS] Spoofing response of 57 bytes
[DNS] Spoofing response of 59 bytes
[DNS] Spoofing response of 59 bytes
[INFO] Exception caught in handler: This header must be modified with the approp
riate property.
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.ThrowOnRestrictedHeader(Strin g headerName)
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.Add(String name, String value)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_Headers(WebHeaderCollection value)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ProxyRequest(String message, Boolean retu
rnHeaders)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.HandleMessage(String message, Socket hand
ler)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ReadCallBack(IAsyncResult l_AsyncRes)
super,

Thanks, I know where to look now, I'll emit some debugging information on the next one to try to isolate what that is..

Do you know how to use ethereal?

-kjac
post #63 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by cliffcor
Not exactly a core WIrns thing but;

It would be great if some of the code hackers could come up with a guide viewer for the data from the Wirns DB. Something to use for planning recordings, working around conflicts etc. Just a thought for folks with time on their hands. WIrns is a great system as is.

Cliff
cliff,

Something like......

-kjac

PS: Check the jpg in the zip, forum wont let me upload a jpg bigger than 640x480

 

teaser.zip 160.0185546875k . file
post #64 of 721
GIMME GIMME!

What would be awesome would be if that could display what you have scheduled to record on your various RTVs!!!!

John
post #65 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigjohns
GIMME GIMME!

What would be awesome would be if that could display what you have scheduled to record on your various RTVs!!!!

John
I said some very interesting features were coming with the full release of the 1.x branch. :)

-kjac
post #66 of 721
kjac,

I haven't used it before but just tell me what you need and I can get it for you....I'm a quick study.

SuperG.
post #67 of 721
Quote:
Originally posted by kjac
cliff, Something like......-kjac PS: Check the jpg in the zip, forum wont let me upload a jpg bigger than 640x480
WOW. Consider me 'Teased'!

Cliff
post #68 of 721
kjac,

I find many of the longer show outlines are not fully displayed in the guide, something like "Tony and Carmella split and Paulie ponders what his next move will..."

Not verbatim but you get the idea, it looks lke there is one more line available in the guide for more info but the text is not wrapping around. Is this a limitation of the Replays text display or is it the format of the guide data?
post #69 of 721
Need volunteers for things? Time for me is a bit tight, but I might be a willing victim at times. Looks like some C#.

Cheers.
post #70 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by stollarguy
kjac,

I find many of the longer show outlines are not fully displayed in the guide, something like "Tony and Carmella split and Paulie ponders what his next move will..."

Not verbatim but you get the idea, it looks lke there is one more line available in the guide for more info but the text is not wrapping around. Is this a limitation of the Replays text display or is it the format of the guide data?
stollar,

Long story short, DataDirect has better descriptions than xmltv had, replay can't handle them, so I gotta chop em off.

-kjac
post #71 of 721
Thread Starter 
Marathon coding night, but ready to show teaser2 for the day;

Tons of the credit for this part shown in teaser2 should be directed to Lee Thompson and PRG who did the work on decoding the remote scheduling interface.

-kjac

 

teaser2.zip 148.4482421875k . file
post #72 of 721
Quote:
Attachment: teaser2.zip
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).
Yeah, what a nice multi replay guide and scheduling screen...
I love the alternate time slot screen, looks like a kind of like a "find all episodes" and schedule rolled into one.

The WiRNS 1.0.0 install was smooth and easy, hats off to kjac!

Can't wait to see the guide and try to intercept the nightly updates. Not sure if I should set up my router to proxy and forward any replaytv http requests to 127.0.0.1?

tommy
post #73 of 721
I'm getting stuck on the "change zip code" step.

The program gets finished processing guide info. I hit the refresh button and it changes to idle.

When I change the zip code on my replaytv is something supposed to happen? I just get the same list of providers and I don't notice anything different.

I guess I have something setup wrong. -mk
post #74 of 721
Did the replay prompt you to reselect your inputs?....I know mine did and after selecting the providers it continued on to download all the new guide info. Another thought, have you setup up the network config on the Replay to direct itself to your Wirns PC?



kjac,

Just curious....will the remote scheduling work on the 4ks (is it even possible?). Also, is there any plans to provide PPV listings for BEV?
post #75 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek
I'm getting stuck on the "change zip code" step.

The program gets finished processing guide info. I hit the refresh button and it changes to idle.

When I change the zip code on my replaytv is something supposed to happen? I just get the same list of providers and I don't notice anything different.

I guess I have something setup wrong. -mk
Is this your first time using wirns mike? Are your ips setup right? Did you do a guide update after configuration?

-kjac
post #76 of 721
Quote:
Is this your first time using wirns mike? Are your ips setup right? Did you do a guide update after configuration?
Yes this is my first time using wirns. Not sure about the IPs. I did do a guide update after the configution.

Quote:
Did the replay prompt you to reselect your inputs?....I know mine did and after selecting the providers it continued on to download all the new guide info. Another thought, have you setup up the network config on the Replay to direct itself to your Wirns PC?
Yes the replay did prompt me to reselect inputs. I didn't change the network config on the replay. I guess that's the problem. I'll try that.

Thanks for the help and keep up good work. -mk
post #77 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek
Yes this is my first time using wirns. Not sure about the IPs. I did do a guide update after the configution.



Yes the replay did prompt me to reselect inputs. I didn't change the network config on the replay. I guess that's the problem. I'll try that.

Thanks for the help and keep up good work. -mk
mike,

You need to set your network inputs as follow (for new wirns users):

IP: Something static in your netmask
Netmask: Your netmask
DNS1: IP of the pc running wirns
DNS2: IP of the pc running wirns
Gateway: Your gateway.

-kjac
post #78 of 721
I had an [INFO] error reported by WiRNS 1.0.0, this happened after completing a net connect from the replaytv, the combining data process finished maybe a minute before WiRNS output this to my DOS window:
--------------------------
[INFO] Exception caught in handler: This header must be modified with the appropriate property.
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.ThrowOnRestrictedHeader(Strin g headerName)
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.Add(String name, String value)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_Headers(WebHeaderCollection value)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ProxyRequest(String message, Boolean returnHeaders)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.HandleMessage(String message, Socket handler)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ReadCallBack(IAsyncResult l_AsyncRes)
[INFO] Exception caught in handler: This header must be modified with the appropriate property.
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.ThrowOnRestrictedHeader(Strin g headerName)
at System.Net.WebHeaderCollection.Add(String name, String value)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_Headers(WebHeaderCollection value)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ProxyRequest(String message, Boolean returnHeaders)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.HandleMessage(String message, Socket handler)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ReadCallBack(IAsyncResult l_AsyncRes)
[INFO] Exception caught in handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ProxyRequest(String message, Boolean returnHeaders)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.HandleMessage(String message, Socket handler)
at WiRNS.Server.ReplayNetworkServer.ReadCallBack(IAsyncResult l_AsyncRes)
--------------------------

WinXP .NET framework 1.1
ReplayTV 5040
WiRNS 1.0.0
WiRNS channel guide db fully populated (I think)
ReplayTV downloaded guide from WiRNS sucessfully (it looks like)
ReplayTV froze for a few seconds after the net connect, and the above info was output to the WiRNS DOS window. -tommy
post #79 of 721
Quote:
You need to set your network inputs as follow (for new wirns users):
IP: Something static in your netmask
Netmask: Your netmask
DNS1: IP of the pc running wirns
DNS2: IP of the pc running wirns
Gateway: Your gateway.
I can't get the changes in the replay network to take.

After I change them to the above numbers the replaytv tries to verify the network and fails. -mk
post #80 of 721
mikek
Quote:
I can't get the changes in the replay network to take.

After I change them to the above numbers the replaytv tries to verify the network and fails. -mk
WiRNS -server is running right?
Did it output something like "[DNS] Spoofing response of 59 bytes" ?
If your ReplayTV is pointing at WiRNS, maybe WiRNS isn't configured properly?

I had my WiRNS configuration screen (The new 1.0.0 HTML config screen) set for "WiRNS IP: 127.0.0.1" and that was giving me problems with the DNS being accepted in Replay's "Network and Input Settings"
It's now set to be the IP of the PC running WiRNS (I hope this is right, because I've got a different problem indicated in the previous message) -tommy
post #81 of 721
Hey Kjac,

Your latest version is Super Slick!!

Any chance of implementing the plugin
to prevent software updates again?

I implemented version 1 of wirns and
it wanted to upgrade my software .
I would like to keep my stuff just the way it is, as
it works A1 fine.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work.


p.s. your teazers are way too much!
how can you torture us this way? ;-)
post #82 of 721
Thread Starter 
Could someone with a replay 4000 do me a favour?

Get replaySchedule (replayguide.sourceforge.net/replaySchedule)
and run
replaySchedule --bindump rg --ip 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is the ip address of your replay.

and send me the output..

tia

-kjac
post #83 of 721
Thread Starter 
While we're speaking of teasing, might as well show you guys what got done last night / today.

-kjac

 

teaser.pack.zip 450.859375k . file
post #84 of 721
So pretty red dots for ReplayTV #1, pretty green dots for ReplayTV #2 and so on?
post #85 of 721
kjac,

Don't know if this is exactly what you wanted but here is the output I got from my 4504:


C:\\Download\
eplaySchedule>replaySchedule.exe replaySchedule --bindump rg --ip 1
92.168.2.103
>> $Id: replaySchedule.c,v 116.24 2004/02/26 18:34:51 moyekj Exp $
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.2.103' to file 'rg.192.168.2.103'
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.2.103'
>> Parsing Replay channel information for '192.168.2.103' ...
(4.3 software version)
>> Computing missing stop times in 'schedule.xml'...
*ERROR* Failed to open xml file: 'schedule.xml'

C:\\Download\
eplaySchedule>
post #86 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by supergenius
kjac,

Don't know if this is exactly what you wanted but here is the output I got from my 4504:


C:\\Download\
eplaySchedule>replaySchedule.exe replaySchedule --bindump rg --ip 1
92.168.2.103
>> $Id: replaySchedule.c,v 116.24 2004/02/26 18:34:51 moyekj Exp $
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.2.103' to file 'rg.192.168.2.103'
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.2.103'
>> Parsing Replay channel information for '192.168.2.103' ...
(4.3 software version)
>> Computing missing stop times in 'schedule.xml'...
*ERROR* Failed to open xml file: 'schedule.xml'

C:\\Download\
eplaySchedule>
super,

I need to you send me the rg.192.168.2.103 file that it created


-kjac
post #87 of 721
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnHeller
So pretty red dots for ReplayTV #1, pretty green dots for ReplayTV #2 and so on?
John,

Yes, I only have support for 5 replays currently, but thats because I'm lazy and got sick of making images in different colors. I'll add up to 8 (maximum on a LAN according to replay) one of these days if someone really needs it.

-kjac
post #88 of 721
kjac,

here it is....I hope.

 

rg.192.168.2.zip 10.548828125k . file
post #89 of 721
Quote:
Originally posted by kjac
Could someone with a replay 4000 do me a favour?

Get replaySchedule (replayguide.sourceforge.net/replaySchedule)
and run
replaySchedule --bindump rg --ip 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is the ip address of your replay.

and send me the output..

tia

-kjac
>> $id: replayschedule.c,v 116.24 2004/02/26 192.168.0.170
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.0.170' to file 'rg.192.168.0.170'
>> Extracting channel info from '192.168.0.170' ...
>> (4.3 software version)
>> computing stop times in 'schedule.xml' ...
*ERROR* Failed to open xml file: 'schedule.xml

 

rg_file.zip 12.912109375k . file
post #90 of 721
Why does UPN show Wrestlemania while Zap2it shows Americas Top Model.

I put the IP of my wirns PC in as the DNS server on my replay, changed the zipcode, went through the setup, and it seemed to connect and download something, but not from Wirns - unless wirns has the bad schedule data too...

Nothing on the commandlines for Wirns either.

Help?

John
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs › Announcing: WiRNS 1.0.0 SP PreAlpha