Hello again Mr. Nava. Thanks for your interest. We do plan to add additional features to the on-screen guide that you have now (on our non RNG cable boxes in Cisco areas) over the summer.
To reiterate, the next guide release (for our non-RNG cable boxes) will include the myDVR capabilities, Caller ID to the TV and other features. This guide is expected to be widely available starting over the summer. The team is also working to deliver that product sooner.
Some of the features that are expected to be included in the summer release are listed below:
* myDVR Manager: From the internet and the Xfinity TV app, customers can: set recordings, view/modify scheduled recordings, view completed recordings, modify series priority lists, etc.http://xfinity.comcast.net/mydvr/how-to/
* Caller ID to the TV See who's calling, right from your TV and PC! Comcast Universal Caller ID takes the guesswork out of incoming calls. http://www.comcast.net/callerid
* HSN Shop-by-Remote: A convenient, new way to make HSN purchases simply by using your remote. http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_...emote_0110.pdf
* Request for Info: Know more, save more! Introducing an easy way to request valuable coupons and info from advertisers simply by using your remote.http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%...nformation.pdf
* Ready Remind and Ready Record: Now you can conveniently set program reminders or recordings directly from certain TV show and movie advertisements.http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%...d%20Record.pdf
* Xfinity TV Application: The ability to use your iPad to change channels.http://www.xfinity.com/help/internet/mobile-tv-app/
The path for future features and innovation is through this new guide - features that a majority of our customers have been asking for and features that are already available in the majority of Comcast areas. The main reason why we are implementing this on-screen guide change is to be able to deliver additional features and services to all of our customers. Some examples of these upcoming features I have listed above. These are features that could not be easily delivered via the guide software that was previously on your cable box. The Caller ID to the TV feature is a great value added benefit for our Comcast Digital Voice customers.
The current guide is really the base platform that we have already started to build on - we have an impressive On Screen Guide 2.0 that has already been deployed in several SA-Cisco area on our newer RNG boxes. These RNG boxes have much more internal memory and processing power and can support a lot of the high end functionality. In order to get to that guide we need to get our systems and infrastructure up on the initial guide.
There are many customer benefits of the new guide. For example, we have heard directly from many customers that they now appreciate the new search feature - plus the layout, speed and responsiveness of the new On Demand menu. There are many other improvements included in this guide, including multiple favorites list, additional channel grids, parental lock by title, local weather and much more. This guide matches most of the feature set and functionality that the majority of our customers already have and have had for some time. It is a standardized look and software code base across our company that we can build on to deliver more features.
As I said before, if the new On Screen Guide 2.0 is something that you or any of our customers really wants to have, we can certainly arrange to swap out your cable boxes as needed once the guide is available in your area.
Thanks again for your comments and thanks for being a Comcast customer.
Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Jim Nava | January 19, 2012 11:31 AMhttp://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-42157