|Originally posted by Guerito
Maybe I don't know what a datadirect account is then. In my previous post, it shows:
[2004-03-28 05:39:10] Updating guide information in the database.
[2004-03-28 05:39:10] Processing guide information for: Sun Mar 28
[2004-03-28 05:47:57] Processing guide information for: Sat Apr 10
I thought that was the account information the Replay needs. I'l ask again, is there a FAQ somewhere? So far not one of my questions has been answered. I've read what I could find, but don't know what to enter for the inputs and zipcode.
1) DataDirect (DD) "runs" labs.Zap2it.com which you have since you are getting listings. So your DataDirect account is your labs.Zap2it account login information. Note that LABS.zap2it.com is a different login account than a plain www.zap2it.com account. [I hope I got that correct]
2) You cannot use Canadian Postal codes (K2K 2K2) on a ReplayTV. You must use a 5 digit US zipcode in your time zone (as kjac said).
10001 (EST) for New York, NY
60001 (CST) for Alden, IL
80001 (MST) for Arvada, CO
90001 (PST) for Los Angeles CA
If you are asked to change your zipcode to get it to reinitialize the settings change by one number 10002 or similar. Use a ZIP code reverse lookup to find valid codes (http://phaster.com) in corresponding states.
Time Zone Maps
3) When accessing WiRNS in your browser at the WiRNS IP address (after configuration) Do not inlcude the port number (8923) that is after the 127.0.0.1:8923 that you used for the initial configuration. Just use the WiRNS IP (e.g. 192.168.2.100) which should be your PCs internal IP address which you entered when you configured WiRNS.
4) Make sure any software firewall like Zone Alarm is OFF or configured to allow the ReplayTV (RTV) unit to reply to your WiRNS PC. Add the RTV IP to your ZoneAlarm exception list.
5) There is no FAQ. Just read all the posts over again. Wait a day or so to see if others have the same problem you have. Read the instructions very carefully ... even if you are really anxious for it to work right away. Be patient.
P.S. Thanks kjac and others. I got my system talking to my Replay. :)