or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Orlando, FL - BHN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Orlando, FL - BHN - Page 394

post #11791 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillie76 View Post


Thanks for the update!

Issue resolved in my area. How is yours?
post #11792 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

chdwil: Any word on when they will have the National Channel guide for the HD RSN's 1175-1178?

They have had Fox Sports across the 4 channel guides since I guess people started complaining they weren't getting the games and were confused about the channels.

Not sure. I'll update if I find out.
post #11793 of 18580
Thanks as always chdwil. We love the tips about the notices too and anything you can get us.
post #11794 of 18580
I had the same issue last night with all the channels going nuts. It lasted about 1/2 hour or so then it finally cleared up. Made watching Biggest Loser almost impossible in the beginning and I'm sure glad I didn't have anything taping during it.
post #11795 of 18580
Does anyone know when BHN is going to offer HBO, Max and Starz on demand in the HD versions? I really like on demand programming so I can watch shows on my non-DVR boxes.
post #11796 of 18580
Time Warner is adding the HBO and Cinemax HD versions so I expect sometime this year.
post #11797 of 18580
Found a public notice from TWC Albany on the Time Warner thread

http://ny.mypublicnotices.com/Public...e&AdId=2261289

Encore, starz, TWC, Tru TV and lifetime all still on month to month agreements while it also mentions TWC is in talks to carry lifetime HD.

This probably means BHN can pick up Starz HD channels if they want since they got Encore. They just have a lower amount like Cinemax although other BHN affiliates have more Cinemax than us.
post #11798 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
Found a public notice from TWC Albany on the Time Warner thread

http://ny.mypublicnotices.com/Public...e&AdId=2261289

Encore, starz, TWC, Tru TV and lifetime all still on month to month agreements while it also mentions TWC is in talks to carry lifetime HD.

This probably means BHN can pick up Starz HD channels if they want since they got Encore. They just have a lower amount like Cinemax although other BHN affiliates have more Cinemax than us.
You missed where they are going to add ESPN DEPORTES HD and ESPN3D VOD!
post #11799 of 18580
I forgot to add that.

Will not watch either but we do want everything in HD.

I'm more hoping they can add Tru TV, lifetime and Weather Channel in HD.

After that, NFL Network/Redzone likely will not have a shot to happen until August.

FearNet and World Fishing Network are new services that TWC has yet to add.

HBO HD OD could happen along with the rest of the west coasters but after that, no other channels I want are in HD (Chiller, Sleuth, Current TV)

I'll be sure to catch the other stuff next time.
post #11800 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

I forgot to add that.

Will not watch either but we do want everything in HD.

I'm more hoping they can add Tru TV, lifetime and Weather Channel in HD.

After that, NFL Network/Redzone likely will not have a shot to happen until August.

FearNet and World Fishing Network are new services that TWC has yet to add.

HBO HD OD could happen along with the rest of the west coasters but after that, no other channels I want are in HD (Chiller, Sleuth, Current TV)

I'll be sure to catch the other stuff next time.

My TWC division is relocating a lot of the ondemand links for iguide to real channel numbers and adding Smithsonian HD on demand at the same time.

For instance the adult ppv on demand are getting dedicated links in the 900s and they are moving movies on demand to 600 and moving a lot of the 600s around and adding links to various on demand channels and combining a lot into the lifestyle, cutting edge, sports, music, and kids/kids pre school.
post #11801 of 18580
Were having a re-numbering here too.

Recently, the HD channels got grouped and now the Adult PPV and some of the lower end movie channels in SD are getting re-numbered.

Some of the SD OD's are all together but others are not.

For the HD ones, ABC/NBC/CBS are on Primetime HD OD, Other networks HD Showcase, Big Ten and Smithsonian have own because they are on extra packages. Sundance could move to this too when it goes to Movie pass. In addition, Adult is by itself.

BTW: Anyone having trouble with SDV channels this weekend?
post #11802 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
Were having a re-numbering here too.

Recently, the HD channels got grouped and now the Adult PPV and some of the lower end movie channels in SD are getting re-numbered.

Some of the SD OD's are all together but others are not.

For the HD ones, ABC/NBC/CBS are on Primetime HD OD, Other networks HD Showcase, Big Ten and Smithsonian have own because they are on extra packages. Sundance could move to this too when it goes to Movie pass. In addition, Adult is by itself.

BTW: Anyone having trouble with SDV channels this weekend?
Does navigator have a vod main menu that has all of the channels grouped together? Like channel 999 or 1 for main vod menu?
post #11803 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

Were having a re-numbering here too.

Recently, the HD channels got grouped and now the Adult PPV and some of the lower end movie channels in SD are getting re-numbered.

Some of the SD OD's are all together but others are not.

For the HD ones, ABC/NBC/CBS are on Primetime HD OD, Other networks HD Showcase, Big Ten and Smithsonian have own because they are on extra packages. Sundance could move to this too when it goes to Movie pass. In addition, Adult is by itself.

BTW: Anyone having trouble with SDV channels this weekend?

By trouble: if you mean occasional audio stuttering, pixel artifacts and freezing picture then yes. Happens for short periods and then stops. Two times I have been watching a show on History International and the screen with the yellow "A" button comes up indicating the channel is not available but I can try to get it by pressing the yellow button. Both times it worked. I figured some of this might be associated with solar fares. However I suspect some is a problem with cable signal levels in the area.
post #11804 of 18580
I got a message today as a TiVo user with BHN (I actually have an infinitv/HTPC). Anyway, the automated message stated that there would be a tuning adapter update this week. Anyone know what that's all about? First message like this that I have ever gotten. Hopefully there are improvements in functionality, but you never know with BHN.

Jason
post #11805 of 18580
The channels were just unavailable for me.

Still having trouble with some HD HBO's but this SDV stuff comes and goes.
post #11806 of 18580
Brighthouse was just here. Bad splitter. One day service. Called at noon and he was here at 5 pm.
post #11807 of 18580
Just saw the commercial for the whole house dvr. Before I called I figured I would ping the list for any details good/bad/indifferent.

Thanks
Chris
post #11808 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillie76 View Post

Just saw the commercial for the whole house dvr. Before I called I figured I would ping the list for any details good/bad/indifferent.

Thanks
Chris

I've had it a while, works great! Not one issue yet.
post #11809 of 18580
I might pick one up since it can store 120 hours of HD programming although only for my room.

chdwil: Legal notice will come within week. please tip us off again.

I'm really dreading not having Tru TV HD for the NCAA Tourney. Also hope they pick up FearNet HD.
post #11810 of 18580
I just did a live chat with Bright House with questions about the Whole House DVR. I was told the fees are $20 for first box, and $10 for each additional plus a $100 install fee??

Is that info correct?
post #11811 of 18580
Sounds right. Thats a few bucks more than you pay for a box anyhow. The hard hit is the install fee and extra monthly charge. If you only wanted two rooms it would be cheaper just to get a second dvr. It only saves money if you have 3 or 4 rooms with boxes.
post #11812 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post
Sounds right. Thats a few bucks more than you pay for a box anyhow. The hard hit is the install fee and extra monthly charge. If you only wanted two rooms it would be cheaper just to get a second dvr. It only saves money if you have 3 or 4 rooms with boxes.
Yep, with only 2 DVRs, I'll stick with my existing setup. What model DVR allows you to store 120 hrs of HD?
post #11813 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4bob View Post
Yep, with only 2 DVRs, I'll stick with my existing setup. What model DVR allows you to store 120 hrs of HD?
Cisco 8642 for sure

and i believe it is the Samsung 3632

Basically if the model number ends in a 2 it is the multi room capable box.
post #11814 of 18580
Ouch...100 for the install. I wonder what is so special that they do during the install.

the commercial said it can record 4 channels at once. Is that 4 HD channels?

Thanks
Chris
post #11815 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillie76 View Post

Ouch...100 for the install. I wonder what is so special that they do during the install.

the commercial said it can record 4 channels at once. Is that 4 HD channels?

Thanks
Chris

No it won't record 4 at once. You can watch a recorded or recording show on 4 TV's at once. All at different points of the program if desired. The dvr still only had 2 tuners so it will only record two at a time.

The install fee is to cover any rewiring, configuration, installation, and to put the necessary filters on the lines.
post #11816 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdwil View Post

No it won't record 4 at once. You can watch a recorded or recording show on 4 TV's at once. All at different points of the program if desired. The dvr still only had 2 tuners so it will only record two at a time.

The install fee is to cover any rewiring, configuration, installation, and to put the necessary filters on the lines.

I was told yesterday my bill would go down $3.50, and at the present time I have two DVRs but still $100.00 to install I can't see that right now unless I am missing something that does not sound like a good deal to me.
post #11817 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjim View Post

I was told yesterday my bill would go down $3.50, and at the present time I have two DVRs but still $100.00 to install I can't see that right now unless I am missing something that does not sound like a good deal to me.

Here is what I was told:

If you were to upgrade your account to the Whole House DVR service with one DVR and one HD box to stream to the monthly rate would be $143.98, which is an increase of only $0.12. If you wanted to keep two DVRs and upgrade to Whole House DVR so they could stream to each other the monthly rate would be $155.41, which is an increase of $11.55 per month.

So, this rate might be with one DVR and one non-DVR box.

Jim
post #11818 of 18580
Everyone,

Keep your eyes open for the end of month legal notice.

We will see if there are any changes in the month to month deals or if any new goodies could be on the way.

On 3/15, Movie Pass subs get Encore HD and Encore West HD.
post #11819 of 18580
I was channel surfing yesterday and noticed that on OWN HD it says 'not available' in the guide. I turned on the channel and it took a good minute for it to come on. Same thing today, no guide and it's slow to come on. Not that I am really watching it, I just thought it was weird.
post #11820 of 18580
Nayan,

That's another weird occurance from OWN HD.

I don't watch it either and Discovery Health had better ratings.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Orlando, FL - BHN