or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Orlando, FL - BHN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Orlando, FL - BHN - Page 467

post #13981 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfury2xx View Post

Could any of you here with road runner lightning or road runner turbo share your experience with these services? Are they really that much faster? I mainly do a lot of online gaming, video streaming and general downloading.

Thanks for any input.

i've had lightning for a few months. my download speed averages around 38 mb and my upload is around 4.5 mb.
post #13982 of 18580
The main reason for considering turbo and lightning is that my parents also like to stream video and download stuff. So if we both try and do something at the same time, which is often, things seriously start to slow down.
post #13983 of 18580
Is there a BHN price list available online for their various premium channels, equipment, etc.?
As an example, I'd like to examine a singular price list that shows the going rate for HBO or whole house DVR or ESPN3D.
In the past a singular, comprehensive price list was available, but I can't find one now.
post #13984 of 18580
I know I'd love one too!
post #13985 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

Is there a BHN price list available online for their various premium channels, equipment, etc.?
As an example, I'd like to examine a singular price list that shows the going rate for HBO or whole house DVR or ESPN3D.
In the past a singular, comprehensive price list was available, but I can't find one now.

How about this:

http://brighthouse.com/static/documents/CFL-RC1.pdf
post #13986 of 18580
Oh thank you!!
post #13987 of 18580
moraseski,

Thank you for the link.

The prices just keep going up. EHHH!!!!!
post #13988 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by moraseski View Post

How about this:

http://brighthouse.com/static/documents/CFL-RC1.pdf

Perfect - thank you!
post #13989 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

moraseski,

Thank you for the link.

The prices just keep going up. EHHH!!!!!

Ugh! It kills me when I open my bill every month.
post #13990 of 18580
Crap I think I found out what was causing my cable box to record random shows. Which btw it's gotten bad, it nearly fills the hd every day now.

Most of the shows it records are channels I do have other shows set to record and in the description of these shows, like secrets of the fbi for example, it says "Dirty Jobs" literally in quotes. Well dirty jobs is in my series manager but not one man army.

It's a bug. It's seeing show names in the description and assuming these other shows are the right ones when it's wrong.

******** I need to bring the box in. Just zap it and reformat it. The box is clearly corrupt if no one else is having this problem. I know a certain bhn person can do this. It's a click of the mouse.. We've done this before when I had a cable box that had a corrupted system software. I don't care when it's done as long as its between 4am to 5pm. Just do it though as it will save a damn trip going to the ucf bhn store.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9CvgfLFW8
post #13991 of 18580
hi kids, if i don't mash a contractors pea brain to smithereens, i decided to suplement my dtv by activiating my tivo premiere xl with cable. i can now afford to do this since the va is showering me with money and my first social security check arrives next month.

but my installation was a horror story. first, bhn wanted to charge me 40 dollars for someone to put a cable card in my box but i got that waived. they sent a contractor (never a good deal for me). clueless wasn't the word for him, it was inept. it took his supervisor, two tuning adapters, two cable cards and one brilliant customer to resolve the problem 4 hours later. the idiot contractor forgot to remove the trap from the pole. i got a months free cable out of it but bhn was not happy. i'm sorry but it is pretty darn lame when a customer has to resolve the problem. probably a good thing i'm geeky about this stuff or i might be demanding this idiot be fired!
post #13992 of 18580
Orlando-
I sit and drool over your HD lineup every day. Here on the "full fiber-optic FIOS TV" network we're a good 60 HD channels behind you. It's amazing to watch your lineup grow almost every month. It's been almost 14 months since FIOS has added more than 1 HD at a time. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe it.

I know you guys use SDV, but do you still have analogs on your system? Just curious of your infrastructure and how you offer such an amazing lineup.
post #13993 of 18580
I'm not Orlando, but yes we do still have all of the analog channels with almost all of their HD counterparts. I personally thought about switching to FIOS but they never did make it to my neck of the woods and by what you've said maybe it's a good thing .

Brighthouse/Time Warner has been very good to us here in Central Florida and beside a couple channels like HDNet and NFL Network we pretty much have everything available in HD.
post #13994 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmatt View Post

orlando-
i sit and drool over your hd lineup every day. Here on the "full fiber-optic fios tv" network we're a good 60 hd channels behind you. It's amazing to watch your lineup grow almost every month. It's been almost 14 months since fios has added more than 1 hd at a time. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe it.

I know you guys use sdv, but do you still have analogs on your system? Just curious of your infrastructure and how you offer such an amazing lineup.

+1.
post #13995 of 18580
That is what I always tell people. The HD Lineup here is outstanding.

Like Nayan says, outside of NFL Network, HDNet and lack of Starz HD Channels, we have a great lineup.

In addition, those 3 holes all have a shot to get plugged this year.

It is great to get HD every month and we will have gotten 15 HD channels by the end of the first quarter this year. I love it!
post #13996 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

That is what I always tell people. The HD Lineup here is outstanding.

Like Nayan says, outside of NFL Network, HDNet and lack of Starz HD Channels, we have a great lineup.

In addition, those 3 holes all have a shot to get plugged this year.

It is great to get HD every month and we will have gotten 15 HD channels by the end of the first quarter this year. I love it!


after watching mpeg4 on directv since mid november, it about hurt my eyes to watch cable tuesday night. the pq just isn't even close.

it depends on what you prefer quality vs quantity. i've always liked quality myself. but dtv doesn't have several hd channels cable does. so i decided to supplement.
post #13997 of 18580
iceturkee,

How big of a difference would you say it really is?

BTW: Congrats on getting Tru TV HD a year after us.
post #13998 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

iceturkee,

How big of a difference would you say it really is?

BTW: Congrats on getting Tru TV HD a year after us.

not sure what bhn is using but everything on dtv is mpeg 4. just imagine all of your bhn channels being as clear and stunning as your league pass channels. that is essentially the major difference. mpeg 4 is really noticeable during live sporting events.

and just an fyi, dtv had tru hd last year part time for the basketball tourney. we just got it full time.
post #13999 of 18580
iceturkee,

I just do not really see the difference when I look at my League Pass HD and other HD
channels.

I know they had it part-time last year but have watched it ever since BHN got it Full-time.

"Hardcore Pawn" and "Lizard Lick Towing" are my favorites.
post #14000 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

iceturkee,

I just do not really see the difference when I look at my League Pass HD and other HD
channels.

I know they had it part-time last year but have watched it ever since BHN got it Full-time.

"Hardcore Pawn" and "Lizard Lick Towing" are my favorites.


there is a considerable difference. you might have to do a side by side with comparable equipment.
post #14001 of 18580
iceturkee,

I might just have too one day then but cannot see myself ever leaving BHN.
post #14002 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakemon View Post

Oh ok.

The whole dvr thing here has me feeling like bright house thinks I'm making this stuff up. I mean, I would too if I was on there end, but it's really got a life of its own, recording the wrong shows or some show I never even heard of. It's gotten to become a daily thing. I used to at my previous job as a cable agent, see what was scheduled and what action caused a recording to take place.

Usually if something like this happened, we just zapped the box essentially resetting it like new. But that hasn't even been done yet. I don't care though. This box runs ocrap, I'm sorry, ocap. It's a very slow ui that can take 3 seconds to respond to the remote sometimes.

Hakemon you need to contact me via pm if you continue to have problems. I can't follow this thread easily because it's HUGE and despite my request to have them add a cable forum here by provider we don't have many choices. I'll be happy to help you with this...
post #14003 of 18580
I was wondering if any of you are seeing this problem. I have Mythbusters set to record new episodes. My DVR currently has about 15 of them set up to record starting on Sunday. None of them say new and they all have the same description. I tried to delete the series and re-enter it but the same thing happens.

Jim
post #14004 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by moraseski View Post

I was wondering if any of you are seeing this problem. I have Mythbusters set to record new episodes. My DVR currently has about 15 of them set up to record starting on Sunday. None of them say new and they all have the same description. I tried to delete the series and re-enter it but the same thing happens.

Jim

Did you use the 'record with options' option? If not, the boxes love to record Mythbusters as many times as they can, along with any other shows they find fascinating . Use the 'record with options' to choose the time you want to record it at and that should take care of it.
post #14005 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post

Did you use the 'record with options' option? If not, the boxes love to record Mythbusters as many times as they can, along with any other shows they find fascinating . Use the 'record with options' to choose the time you want to record it at and that should take care of it.

This is the SAME problem my Cisco DVR has.

And I was called crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9CvgfLFW8
post #14006 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post

Did you use the 'record with options' option? If not, the boxes love to record Mythbusters as many times as they can, along with any other shows they find fascinating . Use the 'record with options' to choose the time you want to record it at and that should take care of it.

I have it set to only record new episodes. These are not marked as new in the guide. In the past when I have seen this happen, after it records the show isn't even the one that was supposed to record.
post #14007 of 18580
Me too. I just really wished I wasn't pushed off as something who either lied, or just assume the box is the program.

It's really a bug in the software.
post #14008 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakemon View Post

Me too. I just really wished I wasn't pushed off as something who either lied, or just assume the box is the program.

It's really a bug in the software.

Actually no it isn't. We don't make the guide data. If the data comes to us and says it is one thing when in fact it's another there isn't much we can about it. I realize that doesn't make it easier on you but guide data is probably one of the hardest things to maintain correctly. In situations where the data is incorrect we do report it and correct as needed but some stuff does slip through nonetheless.
post #14009 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post

Actually no it isn't. We don't make the guide data. If the data comes to us and says it is one thing when in fact it's another there isn't much we can about it. I realize that doesn't make it easier on you but guide data is probably one of the hardest things to maintain correctly. In situations where the data is incorrect we do report it and correct as needed but some stuff does slip through nonetheless.

To happen every day almost? No, I don't believe it's guide data.

If it was guide data, then you'd see it scheduled in the guide, these never show up as scheduled.

Besides, to be nearly an everyday occurrence tells me this is a serious flaw that must be looked into no matter what. Not only that, but to record random TV shows I've never even heard of, definitely a flaw in the software.

Sorry, but I'm not returning this box, I should have to, nor waste anymore of my time for a tech to swap it. It's all SOFTWARE.
post #14010 of 18580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakemon View Post

This is the SAME problem my Cisco DVR has.

And I was called crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9CvgfLFW8

Not exactly. I actually want the box to record NEW episodes of Mythbusters. It is now recording all. These shows are in TVGuide as repeats. So, my problem is probably bad guide data. I wish we could contact them and tell them of problems in the guide.

Your problem is that you are given that "special" box - the one that has been in the Twilight Zone for the last few years. It does the opposite of everything you want.

Jim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Orlando, FL - BHN