Originally Posted by ab4kn
Nice new graphics have arrived on WXIA 11.2 Weather channel. Very nice. Additionally, the graphics indicate that they are "powered by Accuweather.com"
All good to see. I've updated the table / FAQ -- see link in my sig below.
Regarding the new weather channel, a few observations:
- there are more "pages" for each city, so it takes a lot longer to get through them all; in total it takes about 5 minutes to cycle through all 10 or so area cities
- in the interest of getting things to move along faster, they might combine the today/tonight forecast blurbs
- they could also drop the small/left radar view, if they would make the main radar screen animated
- I haven't yet figured out when they run the video segments (regional AccuWeather, national AccuWeather, WXIA local) but I think it's at every 10 minutes or so
- during the video segments, the audio levels are a little low
- the WXIA video segment has 16:9 video squeezed into the 4:3 frame
- clock is accurate
I imagine they'll be tweaking the timing of all this.