or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Fargo, ND - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fargo, ND - HDTV - Page 51

post #1501 of 1943
On CableONE, is FSN-HD saying not authorized for anyone else here? Both of my DVRs have said this for the past two days now.

** Update - It is back on now, in the 6th inning of tonights game. Someone must have fixed something.
post #1502 of 1943
if you guessed KNRR you are Right
post #1503 of 1943
I see CableONE has added Fox News Channel HD on channel 433.
post #1504 of 1943
Is KVRR off air again? I haven't gotten it for a few days now.
post #1505 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectorFlik View Post

Just letting you guys know I do occasionally check the forums. I only just found out today from our GM that our Pembina site (KNRR) is being shut down this Thursday after sign off. It WAS mentioned that this was "for now", so I don't know how long that for now may be for. I heard from another source that our channel there is being absorbed by PBS. Regardless of what's happening, it is a disappointment. It seems that over the past couple years we've lost all but one of our translators, and now pulling a main transmitter off for who knows how long is really odd. If I learn anything new I'll let you guys know.

That's what you get for sacking me when I was a Master Control Operator back in 1985. If you concentrate hard enough on something, it will happen even if it takes 20+ years. You probably discovered a "stain" on Jane the GM's desk the morning after I left- I can PM you with the details but I have to warn you, they are a bit "spicy"!

Seriously, though. Thanks for sacking me- otherwise I probably would have never left Fargo.

Val
post #1506 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick T View Post

Is KVRR off air again? I haven't gotten it for a few days now.

Yeah, I turned on the TV last Saturday to watch the Yankees / RedSox and I have been getting the no signal screen ever since. I'm in the process of relocating my directional antenna on my roof to see if I can dial it in without going through the neighbors trees. I'm 58 miles from the tower and was getting 65% signal strength before. If anyone is having similar issues with KVRR signal loss in the last week or so please post. Thanks.
post #1507 of 1943
OK, it's been back again for a little more than a day. I don't think the signal is as strong as it was before, but at least it's back.
post #1508 of 1943
Wow, FSNorth is showing a replay of the Vikings preseason game from last night, and it is also on FSN-HD, in HD. So the game was available in HD. Too bad KVRR couldn't have shown the game last night in HD.

DirectorFlik .... Does KVRR have the abaility/plans to show the other 3 preseason games in HD??
post #1509 of 1943
Notice that KBRR 10 (FOX) is now at full power of 9.3 kilowatts... finally getting a consistent OTA signal of them in Grand Forks!
post #1510 of 1943
Sorry if this issue has been covered in the past 50 pages, but is there a reason behind why KVLY & KXJB only give a few hours of upcoming program data through PSIP OTA? I get atleast a week of upcoming program data from the other local broadcasters.

From previous post, I did get my directional antenna moved and now pick up KVRR at around 80% signal now.

HD OTA is great, but was also disappointed the Vikings game was only broadcast in SD last Friday night.
post #1511 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogs View Post

Notice that KBRR 10 (FOX) is now at full power of 9.3 kilowatts... finally getting a consistent OTA signal of them in Grand Forks!

Now if we could only get a 720p signal from them!
post #1512 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagbooster View Post

Sorry if this issue has been covered in the past 50 pages, but is there a reason behind why KVLY & KXJB only give a few hours of upcoming program data through PSIP OTA? I get atleast a week of upcoming program data from the other local broadcasters.

From previous post, I did get my directional antenna moved and now pick up KVRR at around 80% signal now.

HD OTA is great, but was also disappointed the Vikings game was only broadcast in SD last Friday night.

I just wish WDAZ would have PSIP program data. THere is currently nothing on DT8, not even a time signal. Also also wish KBRR would put something other and "KNRR EVENT #xxx" on theirs, and correct their time, its about 1/2 hour fast right now.
post #1513 of 1943
So, I moved from Grand Forks to Tampa, FL. I've been living here for about a month now. I have Verizon FiOS TV and Internet. I vowed to not come back to this thread and gloat, but that is exactly what I'm going to do. I'll try to do a little comparison for you about telecom services here versus ND. For those of you who don't know, FiOS is the absolute best residential Internet and TV service that you can have. On the TV side, they send you the broadcasts completely uncompressed on their end... they basically just pass through the feed that they get from networks. It looks amazing. And the Internet part, well, being able to download and upload both at 25 Mbps/sec with extremely low latency is incredible. The only thing I miss about North Dakota is my family (and maybe the "no crime" factor). If you guys ever decide to move out of the arctic, I'd highly recommend Verizon FiOS.

Oh, and guess what... I even get FOX in HD (along with 130 other HD channels)! KBRR is a joke.
post #1514 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunknet View Post

So, I moved from Grand Forks to Tampa, FL. I've been living here for about a month now. I have Verizon FiOS TV and Internet. I vowed to not come back to this thread and gloat, but that is exactly what I'm going to do. I'll try to do a little comparison for you about telecom services here versus ND. For those of you who don't know, FiOS is the absolute best residential Internet and TV service that you can have. On the TV side, they send you the broadcasts completely uncompressed on their end... they basically just pass through the feed that they get from networks. It looks amazing. And the Internet part, well, being able to download and upload both at 25 Mbps/sec with extremely low latency is incredible. The only thing I miss about North Dakota is my family (and maybe the "no crime" factor). If you guys ever decide to move out of the arctic, I'd highly recommend Verizon FiOS.

Oh, and guess what... I even get FOX in HD (along with 130 other HD channels)! KBRR is a joke.

Did anyone else try to watch the Colts/Philly game last night on KBRR?
I hope most of the advertisers don't get charged for their ads, as they were unable to be seen, just a "video lock error KNRR/KBRR" message during most breaks, Fortunately, the video from the game came through fine (although only in 480i)
post #1515 of 1943
Hi everyone, I will be moving to Fargo from the Twin Cities late next week and am pretty disturbed with what I'm reading here about the HD situation in Fargo. Does the local broadcaster even transmit the football games in HD? I signed up for Directv service to be installed specifically for the Sunday ticket and HD package, but find it hard to believe that the local CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC affiliates arnt transmitting all of the current HD programming there. Could someone break it down for me and let me know what is being broadcast, what isn't, and when it may be coming.

Thanks

Drama
post #1516 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Drama View Post

Hi everyone, I will be moving to Fargo from the Twin Cities late next week and am pretty disturbed with what I'm reading here about the HD situation in Fargo. Does the local broadcaster even transmit the football games in HD? I signed up for Directv service to be installed specifically for the Sunday ticket and HD package, but find it hard to believe that the local CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC affiliates arnt transmitting all of the current HD programming there. Could someone break it down for me and let me know what is being broadcast, what isn't, and when it may be coming.

Thanks

Drama

In Fargo, all of the local channels are broadcasting in HD, and passing on all of the HD network programming.
post #1517 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeson83 View Post

In Fargo, all of the local channels are broadcasting in HD, and passing on all of the HD network programming.

Yeah, don't get confused by most of the chatter here which is around a) pre-season NFL games (many of which aren't in HD) and b) the Grand Forks FOX station (not relevant if your'e in Fargo).
post #1518 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeson83 View Post

In Fargo, all of the local channels are broadcasting in HD, and passing on all of the HD network programming.

Not all the satellite stations are in HD: KBRR, KNRR, and KJRR are only transmitting in 480i. KCPM also will only transmit in 480i, if they come back on the air. Also, WDAY/WDAZ and PPTV are the only locals who are able to show syndicated/local programming in HD, so if it's not the live, primary feed passed thru from CBS, NBC, or FOX, you won't see it in HD in Fargo. Also if the locals (except WDAY. WDAZ. and PPTV) need to put a crawl or other locally inserted video on the screen, expect to go back to SD (fortunately not many severe weather events this summer)
post #1519 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Drama View Post

Hi everyone, I will be moving to Fargo from the Twin Cities late next week and am pretty disturbed with what I'm reading here about the HD situation in Fargo. Does the local broadcaster even transmit the football games in HD? I signed up for Directv service to be installed specifically for the Sunday ticket and HD package, but find it hard to believe that the local CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC affiliates arnt transmitting all of the current HD programming there. Could someone break it down for me and let me know what is being broadcast, what isn't, and when it may be coming.

Thanks

Drama

Fargo HD local channels still aren't available on DirecTV though. That's been coming "soon" for like 2 years now. They are available on Dish Network. I don't know if that has any impact on the HD Sunday Ticket package (I don't think it does).

You can definitely get the locals in HD over the air though, when you get your DirecTV installed they should hook up the antenna and everything you need to get them.
post #1520 of 1943
Is anyone else getting KGFE on 15.x instead of 2.x? What's up with the PSIP lately?
post #1521 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogs View Post

Is anyone else getting KGFE on 15.x instead of 2.x? What's up with the PSIP lately?

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. I think KGFE is just placeholder keeping PPTV from loosing the license.
post #1522 of 1943
Is there any word on when Midcontinent will be resuming their work in Moorhead? I call a rep yesterday about getting hooked up but they said there is a delay yet for my neighborhood.
post #1523 of 1943
I got a hold of someone else at Midcontinent and they said that they got a memo on Monday the 24th that they are looking for a new contractor to continue working. They are planning to resume around 3 weeks from now. Kind of a bummer.
post #1524 of 1943
I recently came across this thread as I've just bought myself a new TV and wanted to do a bit of research. I will be moving to South Fargo in early September from Northern NJ and was curious as to what my best option for cable / broadband would be.

I currently have an appointment scheduled with CableOne to come out to my house and install digital HD cable, as well as broadband. Basically, I'm looking to get the fastest Internet possible as well as a provider that offers the most HD channels. Would CableOne be the best route for me to go?

I do not need a home phone and only signed up for cable (with HD) and the fastest Internet option they offered. They quoted me at ~$130 / month (I can't remember the exact amount at the moment).

I've done my research with DirecTV and Dish as well, I would rather not put a dish on my house unless the satellite companies are really that much better (channel as well as price wise).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
post #1525 of 1943
I also called Midcontinent yesterday, and I am making the switch from CableONE on Friday. I will post a review once I am switched over.
post #1526 of 1943
Hey Dan,
Please do let us know. I guess i'm to far south where they hadn't finished up before they got called off. Are you north or south of the interstate? I would love to know where they had it working before they stopped. I'm just a half block north of Reinertsen Elementary and they were working on the line going down 14th st s to Reinertsen in my back yard. They did put in a new access point in my back yard and buried it back up but that was it. Sigh... they had said they would be ready in our area by Sept 1st but i guess its better not to have gas leaks then cable right now.
post #1527 of 1943
drewman21: You can see what their status is by neighborhood online: http://www.midcocomm.com/welcome/moorheadbuildout/

Sadly I'm still in a "Not Started" zone.

ChrisNylen:
In South Fargo your only option for HD on cable is CableOne. They don't have as much as you're probably used to, but they've been improving. That price sounds about right for HD plus their fastest internet. I think I have their second fastest internet, HD, DVR, and HBO+Showtime, and that's about $140. Not sure if your quote included DVR? But I think if I dropped the premium channels and bumped up my Internet speed it would be about $130.
post #1528 of 1943
huge surprise. something goes wrong in moorhead. first mid comm can't finish what it started and now half the city's under construction while all the schools get underway in the next few weeks.

idiots
post #1529 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeson83 View Post

I also called Midcontinent yesterday, and I am making the switch from CableONE on Friday. I will post a review once I am switched over.

Got hooked up to Midcontinent on Friday. So far so good. The additional HD is great. NFL HD is awesome. Been watching preseason games all weekend. Golf HD, Versus HD, MLB HD, Speed Channel HD are all awesome too. The DVR box is identical to the one I had from CableONE (Motorola DCT 6412 III). The additional HD box I got for my 2nd TV is a newer DCH6200 box.
post #1530 of 1943
Talked to Red River Broadcasting (FOX) today. The engineer said that they still don't have the hardware to send an HD feed through KBRR. When I asked if they would have it installed before the end of the NFL season, the answer was probably not. I cannot believe this station has not put HD on the fast track especially with the NFL season upon us again. Maybe next year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Fargo, ND - HDTV