or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Greenville, NC - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Greenville, NC - HDTV - Page 271

post #8101 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenyatto View Post

Your own chart values directly contradict that the amp is useless. The chart amp values clearly indicate a stronger Signal Strength when the amp is in use, HELLO?

All the amp does is raise the numbers, it does nothing for picture quality. Keep in mind that I did not move the antenna, and look at the numbers for the stations the antenna is pointing at. Aiming the antenna is more important than an amplifier. The amplifier is important when the signal gets split.

Take WITN, the signal was steady when no amp was used, vs pixelating when the amp was hooked in.
post #8102 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline View Post

Spent most of the evening on the phone with a really helpful SL tech. He said that they installed new equipment that has changed the TX freq of the QAM chennels, which also changed the channel mapping.

They just reset Greenville QAM to mirror the cable box assignments. A quick rescan fixed everything.
post #8103 of 9110
What's going on with THIS TV? It keeps blacking out, seems like the satellite is out of line?

Where's Ken12?

I saw the same thing happening on MeTV WITN earlier today as well?
post #8104 of 9110
I was listening to Rush on 103.7 today and the show audio kept dropping out. I bet it's sun spots.
post #8105 of 9110
Thread Starter 
Dr.Phill was blacking out as well on WNCT today.
post #8106 of 9110
you guys are fast!

It must be that time again when inversions are setting in because I am picking up TV from hundreds of miles away tonight.
post #8107 of 9110
It's sun outage time.

- Trip
post #8108 of 9110
I thought sun outages would come and go in just minutes and make a kind of snow effect on the screen? Or was that in the analog days?
post #8109 of 9110
Snow on the screen would be analog.

Going black would be digital. But same cause.

- Trip
post #8110 of 9110
Thread Starter 
TruTV HD launching on Directv March 7th. Full Time
post #8111 of 9110
We need ID in HD. Is there anything on Tru worth watching in HD?
post #8112 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThenScottSays View Post

We need ID in HD. Is there anything on Tru worth watching in HD?

I like Hardcore Pawn. haha What about Lizard Lick Towing? Wow.
post #8113 of 9110
I watch Lizard Lick sometimes just because of the local factor but it's staged... I can't say that's worth having HD for.
post #8114 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThenScottSays View Post

I watch Lizard Lick sometimes just because of the local factor but it's staged... I can't say that's worth having HD for.

Yes, you can tell it's all scripted. I think most of the shows like that probably are. I even think at times hardcore pawn is staged the way some of those customers come in and take off their clothes.
post #8115 of 9110
Thread Starter 
3*WWAY @99W
6*WECT @99W
10*WILM @99W
26*WSFX @99W
The Wilmington NC HD locals up in test mode on Directv for those near the Wilmington.
post #8116 of 9110
Thread Starter 
Also just saw that Suddenlink will no longer offer PPV movies on its PPV channels. The only way to get movies will be on its on demand channels. It didnt say if these were PPV movies that would be on the on demand channels. It did say that it will still offer PPV events.
post #8117 of 9110
I hope WNCT keeps working on their picture quality for the March Madness games. It's looking a bit better to me. Still some blurriness on there though. This is on 32 inch screens. I can only imagine the looks of it on larger TV's.
post #8118 of 9110
How long is this basketball stuff going to be mucking up TV? CBS is killing me with this garbage.
post #8119 of 9110
Basketball + TruTV =

Quote:


Jim Nantz: "It's the season finale of Lizard Lick Towing Monday at 10 PM on truTV."
Steve Kerr: "Not quite like promoting the Masters, is it?"
post #8120 of 9110
Good one!!
post #8121 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndThenScottSays View Post

Basketball + TruTV =


Funny. ROFL

Last nite during Doookies game, WNCT was really a mess blurring all over the screen. It looked like someone sprayed water on it and you were watching through a soaked glass window. Can't we do better than this in eastern NC. I would rather pay a TV tax than go through this. (guess I better stop or I might get my wish)
post #8122 of 9110
Thread Starter 
WCTI and WYDO and not sure about WFXI went off the air last night after midnight. It was announced on the news that they would be off the air to do some work on the transmitter. Said this would improve viewing. Wonder what kind of work was done.
post #8123 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh1 View Post

WCTI and WYDO and not sure about WFXI went off the air last night after midnight. It was announced on the news that they would be off the air to do some work on the transmitter. Said this would improve viewing. Wonder what kind of work was done.

I missed that. Had on Basketball. Isn't it that time to change the coolant in the transmitter?
post #8124 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMartin631 View Post

How long is this basketball stuff going to be mucking up TV? CBS is killing me with this garbage.

Ditto. Thats what all those ESPN channels are for for goodness sakes.
post #8125 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline View Post

Ditto. Thats what all those ESPN channels are for for goodness sakes.

I don't know how CBS can afford to continue to show this stuff. They did at least beat the CW on Thursday night. They rocked it with a 1.7 rating.
post #8126 of 9110
It isn't about ratings at this point, it is about money. BIG MONEY.
post #8127 of 9110
I find the pro football garbage, but I don't say it. haha - the only football I'll watch is the super bowl, and college. I don't care about any teams except the local clubs though. As many problems as we need to address in this country right now, and all people get mad about is when their favorite football team loses.
post #8128 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

It isn't about ratings at this point, it is about money. BIG MONEY.

Just like the emperors at NASCAR found out, when people stop watching then advertisers go elsewhere with their money. Big money will never chase 1.7 ratings or even Saturday night's killer 2.3. Basketball has a huge problem and it's isn't the color of the money.

Basketball isn't a gentleman's game like baseball. At one time it was dignified. I tried to watch a little of some game last night. Here's how it went.

When I turned it on some guy had just made a free throw. The ref starts the game, they bounced the ball around for 30 seconds and then the clock stops because of another penalty. And that's pretty much what I see every time I try to watch basketball. BORING. The only thing worse than this is baseball.
post #8129 of 9110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMartin631 View Post

Just like the emperors at NASCAR found out, when people stop watching then advertisers go elsewhere with their money. Big money will never chase 1.7 ratings or even Saturday night's killer 2.3. Basketball has a huge problem and it's isn't the color of the money.

Basketball isn't a gentleman's game like baseball. At one time it was dignified. I tried to watch a little of some game last night. Here's how it went.

When I turned it on some guy had just made a free throw. The ref starts the game, they bounced the ball around for 30 seconds and then the clock stops because of another penalty. And that's pretty much what I see every time I try to watch basketball. BORING. The only thing worse than this is baseball.

The difference with March Madness is you have a very loyal group of viewers, mostly alumni, and those that aren't, mostly male, who will buy, even if they don't have the money. Advertisers know this and they spend big every year.

You may not like to watch basketball, but there are 5 others who do. While the ratings are not large overall, they are targeted and advertisers get their monies worth. That is the bottom line.

NASCAR is a completely different beast who has some real PR issues with the old line fans in the south that has historically paid NASCAR's bills and that has hurt ticket sales.
post #8130 of 9110
I think there is something going on at WNCT. Check out The Dr's and Dr. Phil's letterbox picture. I noticed yesterday Phil was letterbox, and now the Dr.s have the same thing. Could HD syndication be on the way, or am I just an optimist here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Greenville, NC - HDTV