Cheat Sheet - Panasonic Plasma 2010 Consumer Model Summary
* In contradistinction to the Professional models
I don't understand why it is so hard to just find a nice concise SUMMARY of all Panny models. So instead of kvetching about it here is a quick summary in case anyone is trying to sort out all the various models and how they are different.
* Detailed description of various Modelshttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post17866062
Sorted from most features to least features
Series Sizes Example Res. 3D HDMI NeoPDP $MSRP Lines
VT25 50,54,58,65 TC-P65VT25 1080 Yes 4 Yes $xxxx 1080
GT25 42,50 TC-P50G25 1080 Yes 3 Yes $xxxx 1080
G 42,46,50,54 TC-P42G10 1080 no 3 Yes $ xxx 1080
S2 42,46,50,54,58,65 TC-P50S2 1080 no 3 Yes $ xx 1080
U2 42,50 TC-P50U2 1080 no 3 no $ x 900
C2 42,46,50 TC-P50C2 768 no 2 no $ x 720
Buyer Beware: Check the Native resolution AND "Moving Picture Resolution" !!!
* Lines = Moving Picture Resolution
* All TVs have Component input x2, Digital Audio x1
Q. Black Level Measurements / Issues
Q. How/Where do I check the manufacture/build date?
* Its on a sticker attached to the back of the plasma. (Thanks Guerillah)
* You can check the date without opening the box. Just pull out the gray tab on the back of the box (it secures the stand) and shine a flashlight up in there. (Thanks MakoCSH)
Q. How does the S2 compare to the G25?
A. TL;DR The consensus is that the G25 has better PQ then the S2, along with THX and a tad higher price.
* Uber Links - Calibration 12th generationhttp://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17210257
Q. Are floating blacks still an issue?
A. Yes, with the 2010 consumer models and pre 2009 models. *sigh*. V25 is not as bad as the G20/G25.
One of the common test scenes is "The Matrix" blu-ray -- where Trinity is running from the agents; she rolls down the stairs and points her gun up at the window. Black levels reported to shift multiple times.
There have been no reported problems with the professional models.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1236475
Q. Does a firmware upgrade help?
A. There have been no noticeable differences, sadly. For more information see the model specific threads.
Q. Movie playback - 48Hz or 60 Hz?
A. Some have reported flicker at 48 Hz. The recommended solution is to use 60 Hz.