or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Moxi ( Motorola BMC90xx ) Q&A and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moxi ( Motorola BMC90xx ) Q&A and Discussion Thread - Page 392

post #11731 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

If you properly disconnect the HD and then hook it back up, your recordings will still be intact. Unless you do something crazy like hook it up to a computer and reformat it

Thanks I was able to do it and the recordings were still there when I reconnected. Unfortunately pixalzation/freezing/sound drops persist. Someone mentions I might need a repeater?.

Interesting visit to Charter HQ today. Went in because my promo period ended and so myCharter bundle went up $43 one month! But of couse all I had to do was ask and now basically have my old price again (maybe the fact that 4 people were there turning in their equipment because they switched to Uverse helped my cause). Anyway the guy was very nice and said anything else and I said "yeah what have your heard about the new Moxi 3012" and he said "Oh they are not here yet they are still testing them in Wisconson"!
post #11732 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

Thanks I was able to do it and the recordings were still there when I reconnected. Unfortunately pixalzation/freezing/sound drops persist. Someone mentions I might need a repeater?.

Here's my guess:

The Moxi uses the hard drives for channel buffering. Once the drives get really full, the buffering/playback is hammering on what little space is left. I bet if you delete a bunch of stuff the problem will go away.
post #11733 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Here's my guess:

The Moxi uses the hard drives for channel buffering. Once the drives get really full, the buffering/playback is hammering on what little space is left. I bet if you delete a bunch of stuff the problem will go away.

But Moxi "Storage and Stats indicates only 17% full (that's with external harddrive attached). What did you make of them telling me they didn't have any 3012s yet? thanks again for help.
post #11734 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by seibelcj View Post

But Moxi "Storage and Stats indicates only 17% full (that's with external harddrive attached). What did you make of them telling me they didn't have any 3012s yet? thanks again for help.

Hmmm, well, either the drive is going bad or it needs a fresh format. Or the Moxi is going bad. *shrug*

What do I make of it? The phone CSR's never know what they are talking about
post #11735 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Does anyone's WebDVR service work on Charter.net anymore? I'm trying to figure out if the whole system is broke (that's what a charter rep told me) or if its because I have a new Moxi and they didn't update my unit in the system.

I seem to remember it not working before I switched too. At one point it did work for me though, long ago.

I got my new MOXI on Monday, and I'm able to use the WebDVR service. One of the things I missed about the MOXI.
post #11736 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by johaen8 View Post

I got my new MOXI on Monday, and I'm able to use the WebDVR service. One of the things I missed about the MOXI.

Of course they still had the serial number of my old Moxi in their system and never updated it. *sigh*
post #11737 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Of course they still had the serial number of my old Moxi in their system and never updated it. *sigh*

That's better than what happened to me. My old moxi died and they replaced it -- they added the new serial to their system but didn't remove the old one. it took me 3 months of getting double-billed (and having to complain about it) before they finally figured it out and got the old one removed!!
post #11738 of 12082
Ok, For the life of me, I can't seem to find the thread where it explains how I can access my moxi through my Charter E-mail account.

Is there a way I can access my MOXI box while I am on the road (whether it be at work, or sitting in a parking lot somewhere)? I know I read it somewhere...

Sorry for the vagueness, My nightly ambien dose is fighting me right now.

I appreciate any help offered. Thanks.
post #11739 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixmy59bug View Post

Ok, For the life of me, I can't seem to find the thread where it explains how I can access my moxi through my Charter E-mail account.

Is there a way I can access my MOXI box while I am on the road (whether it be at work, or sitting in a parking lot somewhere)? I know I read it somewhere...

Sorry for the vagueness, My nightly ambien dose is fighting me right now.

I appreciate any help offered. Thanks.

Go to www.charter.net .... login or register if you haven't done so already. There will be a DVR menu in the TV Guide part, or just click on any show and there will be DVR options for recording.
post #11740 of 12082
A while back CharterJames stated I believe that Charter was working on setting up remote Moxi access even if you did not have Charter internet/e-mail.

Anyone know anything about the current state of this?


Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Go to www.charter.net .... login or register if you haven't done so already. There will be a DVR menu in the TV Guide part, or just click on any show and there will be DVR options for recording.
post #11741 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullysdad View Post

A while back CharterJames stated I believe that Charter was working on setting up remote Moxi access even if you did not have Charter internet/e-mail.

Anyone know anything about the current state of this?

So far as I know there's been no change. In Fact, from what I've heard from the only person who I know so far that's gotten a 3012, you can only use the portal if

1) your using a 9012/9022
2) you have a Charter Internet
3) The modem and the moxi are on the same account
4) you use a charter email (associated with said modem) to log into the portal


There's been talk of changes... when the 6416s started rolling they said within a year they'd be able to do it (that's come and gone... no changes) as well as the ability to access the box without having to have charter.net email.
post #11742 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharterJames View Post

So far as I know there's been no change. In Fact, from what I've heard from the only person who I know so far that's gotten a 3012, you can only use the portal if

1) your using a 9012/9022
2) you have a Charter Internet
3) The modem and the moxi are on the same account
4) you use a charter email (associated with said modem) to log into the portal


There's been talk of changes... when the 6416s started rolling they said within a year they'd be able to do it (that's come and gone... no changes) as well as the ability to access the box without having to have charter.net email.

Yeah I would have loved the ability to use online scheduling when I just swapped out my 9012 to 3012 the other day. Took me forever to search and re-add all my series back in... Unfortunately my Pipeline account is under a business name and is separate from my Moxi service so I was out of luck. So until Charter changes things I guess I'm stuck relying on the Moxi interface for all my programming needs.
post #11743 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharterJames View Post

So far as I know there's been no change. In Fact, from what I've heard from the only person who I know so far that's gotten a 3012, you can only use the portal if

1) your using a 9012/9022

Not true, the 3012's work with WebDVR via Charter.net
post #11744 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharterJames View Post

4) you use a charter email (associated with said modem) to log into the portal

I've been on the phone with charter tonight for over 90 minutes, talked to 6 people, even a supervisor. No one knows how to set this webdvr service for me.

I've been on hold now for about 15 minutes with a supervisor and haven't heard a word back from him. About to give up and hang up the phone. This is ridiculous, charter offers a service and no one even knows what I'm talking about.

This is crazy.
post #11745 of 12082
Is there a way to watch showtime tv shows ondemand with a moxi. I must be blind

EDIT: Searching for the show got me what I was looking for. I'm so frustrated right now
post #11746 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post

Is there a way to watch showtime tv shows ondemand with a moxi. I must be blind

EDIT: Searching for the show got me what I was looking for. I'm so frustrated right now

Hmm? Go to the On Demand Menu / Premiums / Showtime. Anything they offer OnDemand in right there. Same with any other Premium / regular channel OnDemand offerings.
post #11747 of 12082
Hi all. I bought a 50 inch Samsung Plasma HDTV a couple of weeks ago and I have my Moxi connected to it via a DVI - HDMI cable.

Unlike my previous TV, I can input a 480i SD signal via the HDMI connection to this set. However, I am getting an intermittent blue or green vertical line about 3 or 4 inches long right in the middle of the picture.

If I switch off 480i and just go 480p this does not happen, however the picture is not as sharp as the 480i.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to solve it? or am I just stuck with using 480p?

I am already using the 2 component inputs for a DVD player and a Wii so I don't want to switch to component output on the Moxi.

Any suggestions?
post #11748 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullysdad View Post

Hi all. I bought a 50 inch Samsung Plasma HDTV a couple of weeks ago and I have my Moxi connected to it via a DVI - HDMI cable.

Unlike my previous TV, I can input a 480i SD signal via the HDMI connection to this set. However, I am getting an intermittent blue or green vertical line about 3 or 4 inches long right in the middle of the picture.

If I switch off 480i and just go 480p this does not happen, however the picture is not as sharp as the 480i.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to solve it? or am I just stuck with using 480p?

I am already using the 2 component inputs for a DVD player and a Wii so I don't want to switch to component output on the Moxi.

Any suggestions?

It is a known problem that many users of seen including myself. You are stuck either running in 480p or switching over to the Component cables.

Phatty
post #11749 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty View Post

It is a known problem that many users of seen including myself. You are stuck either running in 480p or switching over to the Component cables.

Phatty

Or get a 3012
post #11750 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Or get a 3012

I'd love to get a Moxi 3012, but, I have the Moxi 9022 with the Moxi Mate and I don't want to give up the 2nd room capability. Why would Digeo come out with a new product that does not have the 2nd room capability. You would think that most customers and cable systems would demand this. I guess if customers were aware that it existed and was only a few extra dollars a month they would demand it.

If/when my 9022 bites the dust I might try to get the 3012. Until then, I'm stuck with 480p. It doesn't look horrible, just not as crisp as I would like.

Thanks for the input.
post #11751 of 12082
Black Macleod, is it sure that the 3012 running 480i output via HDMI cable to a plasma television would not have this issue?

Now that I think of it, before I settled on the Samsung Plasma, I tried out a Vizio 1080P LCD set and had the same issue with it when I tried running 480i via the HDMI cable.

So maybe the problem is not with the TV. but rather the signal being sent by the moxi.



Quote:
Originally Posted by black_macleod View Post

Or get a 3012
post #11752 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullysdad View Post

Black Macleod, is it sure that the 3012 running 480i output via HDMI cable to a plasma television would not have this issue?

Now that I think of it, before I settled on the Samsung Plasma, I tried out a Vizio 1080P LCD set and had the same issue with it when I tried running 480i via the HDMI cable.

So maybe the problem is not with the TV. but rather the signal being sent by the moxi.

The 3012 varies by TV. My Samsung will not output 480i over HDMI, but others in the 3012 thread have no problem with it.
post #11753 of 12082
Who do I need to talk to about getting the webdvr portion of this working?

Internet or cable?
post #11754 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post

Who do I need to talk to about getting the webdvr portion of this working?

Internet or cable?

I got a call about this last night, unfortunately it went to voicemail. Apparently they have a new department to handle this stuff, but I have no idea how you're supposed to reach them. "Network and Wireless Team." I would start with the internet people.

FWIW, the guys name was James ... I wonder if it was CharterJames :-)
post #11755 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post

Who do I need to talk to about getting the webdvr portion of this working?

Internet or cable?

Five, If you have a Charter Moxi and Charter Internet....log on at www.charter.net (NET not COM) Click the Log In (black text) at the very upper right-hand side of the page. Use your main Charter email account as your log in name and the password for that email account as your password.

Once logged on, the TV channel pane has links to the DVR Menu and Settings (to see your MOXI box number, etc.).
post #11756 of 12082
post #11757 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckJV View Post

Once logged on, the TV channel pane has links to the DVR Menu and Settings (to see your MOXI box number, etc.).

Yea mine doesn't have this information.

I followed the directions on this site.
post #11758 of 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post

Yea mine doesn't have this information.

I followed the directions on this site.

After logging in, on that "settings" page your DVR should be listed at the bottom, and you have to choose it as your default DVR. Those directions seem to skip that part ... I believe until you do that, the DVR menu isnt going to show up in the TV listings.
post #11759 of 12082
FYI: Charter to file for Chapter 11 protection

http://lacrossetribune.com/articles/.../04charter.txt
post #11760 of 12082
Doh... my 3rd moxi box died yesterday and they just replaced it with a SA box. I told them I wanted a moxi box to replace it, and the guy showed up with the other box in hand I asked him about it right away. He said they didn't have any, though I wonder if he just didn't bring one, the last time I had it replaced the guy had to drive back to the office to pick on one up since they don't keep them in the truck. He said I could call next week to see if they get any in...

First impressions ... the interface is no where near as nice as the moxi. It doesn't appear the box can automatically change aspect ratio, so I have to manually switch it on the TV.

It think the moxi box must have done something with the sound, since I only get stereo now on regular channels, no center speaker, which I used to have before and would prefer.

I'll also miss the web-based scheduling, I used that alot.

I asked him if they were testing the new boxes in the area, he said no. Hopefully I can get a replacement soon...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Recorders
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Moxi ( Motorola BMC90xx ) Q&A and Discussion Thread