Originally Posted by mswope63
Silly me... I was downloading from the OnkyoUSA site. I'd noticed that several people referred to the international site and Net Tunes Central Integrated... I set out to find it and found... different software?
I'll try it and see if this stuff works - I've nothing to lose now...
BTW - for the curious - the International site's download url is : http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/n...oad/index.html
Well, I got *further* before the upgrade failed. I used the TX901-020003 firmware and it got past the first file okay, but in the second (larger file, I think), it got to 67% slowly, jump immediately to 99% and then failed. I got the same result several times.
Just to recap, I used the firmware downloaded from the OnkyoUSA site first:
TX901-010003 - it got to 99% on the first file and failed. I tried this at least 8 times w/ exactly the same results.
Then I found the Onkyo International site (URL above) and tried the same version of firmware, just in case my copy from the USA site was defective - same result.
Finally, i tried the next version from the international site: TX901-020003. I got past the first file about 2/3 through the second file and got failed again.
In all cases, after the failure, my receiver (TX-NR801) showed the firmware version that I had been trying to download. I'm just unnerved at not having done the full firmware download.
I have noted that the Inettunes work (seem somewhat better, but still not the way that the marketing material would have you believe).
I've updated my NetTunes to the NTC2 Integrated version - it didn't appear to work anymore, but I had to leave at this point.
Overall, I haven't finished putting my receiver settings back in (speakers, inputs, zone 2, etc.) so I can't tell if anything else is amiss, but it seems to still work. So maybe I didn't wreck anything, but still didn't necessarily make things better....