Ok TV update.... I have had it for about 2 weeks now so around my house that means It's got lots of viewing time on it....
It works perfectly and looks outstanding. I'm not sure about the 720 conversion. I don't have any game packaging (wink) to be able to know what games are 720 and see if it works correctly. All I can say is everything I have played, from Halo - GTA - All ESPN Sports - Moto GP2 & Project Gotham Racing have looked stunning....
Well the auto convergence setting is a blessing, it works perfectly. Only problem with it is that the manual is not clear that first thing you should is get the TV hookedup and run this setting (the button is on the front of the TV). The manual really walks you through the initial setup wizzard when you first turn on the TV. Its should tell you to auto converge first.
I'm running my DSS signal via s-video. Now I have it in Vivid mode, cool colour temp (personal preference) and... crap I will have to check the rest of the settings. The picture is very bright and clear even in a room where glare is an issue.
1) That you can skip AV modes you don't use. I mean I only hook up 2 items, I don't want to have to scroll through 8 items one of the two.
2) Just Mode - This is what I use to watch DSS and cable. WOW, it strechs really well and keeps a good focus in the middle so people don't look distorted.
3) The fact that each AV mode keeps it settings. For example my DVD is connected on component 1 - It stays in "Full" mode while I run my DSS is "Just" mode.
4) The stand on top of the TV is perfect for DVD & DSS boxes as well as my center channel. Its very handy.
1) The sound is not very good. I expected more based on my prior experince with Panny's on my 32' Gauo. This is fine since I have a receiver but when I just connect the Xbox to play I don't have all the cable to connect to the receiver, and that is why I don't think the sound is the best
2) Panny still does not have a code that works Marzntz recievers even though the code list shows an entry for it. I have a Marantz 6000 and remote will not work it.
3) The manual is not all that great and does not really explain all the features in enough detail. Everything is covered in the manual, but a very high level.
All it all, things are going well right now and I'm happy with my purchase. Will keep you updated and try and answer any questions that come up from other users.