So I am having classes starting this weekend. I encourage you all to sign up & spread the word.
Customers want to learn more about how to take full advantage of their latest product features and technology, so beginning April 21, 2012, Cox Solutions Stores will be offering informative workshops on a variety of topics. The sessions are designed to help customers get the most from their digital experience.
Learning Lounges, located within Cox Solutions Stores, will be staffed by a Cox Educator offering on-going customer workshops on the latest product features and services, as well as general information about using technology.
Cox believes there are many items available to their customers that they may not be fully aware of. “These classes give us a chance to take our time and give each customer a hands-on approach to their service,” says Jonathan Freeland, Vice-President of Marketing & Sales. “Our customers have asked us to show them what features are included in their Cox services and how they can maximize them.”
• 11:00 a.m.: Getting the Most from On Demand and Your DVR
This course is designed for Cox customers who want to learn about the entertainment options available with Cox Advanced TV. In this course, we’ll be going through the Trio Program Guide and exploring the full functionality of our Advanced TV features, such as On-DEMAND, how to use a DVR to record all your favorite shows, and Cox TV Connect.
• 1:00 p.m.: Keeping Your Family Safe in the Digital Age
Do you want to better keep your family safe in this world of evolving technology? We will show you how to use Cox's parental controls and Security Suite powered by McAfee® to help safeguard your family’s from the Web and TV security issues. The course will focus on three key areas – Web security, TV security, and Social Media security.
• 2:00 p.m. Stay Connected Using Video Chat and Social Media
If you want to be part of the magic of chatting with loved ones and feeling as though they are in the same room this is the class for you. The focus of the course will remain on “how” and “what” video chat and other social media features can do for you.
Sign up for classes, please visit www.coxlocal.com
• Norfolk-Janaf: 1140 North Military Highway Norfolk, VA 23502
• Chesapeake- Towne Place at Greenbrier: 725 Eden Way North Suite 708 Chesapeake, VA 23320
• Peninsula Town Center: 4600 Kilgore Avenue, Suite J-103 Hampton, VA 23666
• Kiln Creek: 209 Village Avenue Suite GH York County, VA 23693
• Virginia Beach-Red Mill. 2173 Upton Drive, Suite 101, Virginia Beach, Va, 23454