or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Richmond, VA - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Richmond, VA - HDTV - Page 12

post #331 of 8853
I can't pick up wtvr-dt tonight. Anyone else having this problem?
post #332 of 8853
Same here, I posted yesterday that my signal was at 50 %, today it's just gone. Wonder what's going on.
post #333 of 8853
I don't know but I did have to move the antenna last night to get it.
post #334 of 8853
So you did get it? I've received 100% signal with no issues for a long time now, and did not even get a blip on my signal meter yesterday. I tried moving the antenna around a bit without getting anything. This was all at 9:55 to 10:00 last night. I gave up after that.
post #335 of 8853
WTVR at 25-1 is still drawing a blank for me this morning.
post #336 of 8853
Thread Starter 
No signal here either (HDTiVo) . It appears they are off the air.
post #337 of 8853
Quote:


Originally posted by Steve13
No signal here either (HDTiVo) . It appears they are off the air.

Steve... Check you email...
post #338 of 8853
FYI, 35-2 is back with a VERY strong signal.
post #339 of 8853
Quote:


Originally posted by wittangamo
FYI, 35-2 is back with a VERY strong signal.

I thought they said they won't be back until October 6th, I begin to think , the 2 weeks rule is applying here, have one ever heard of when things go wrong you call the company they always tell you it will be back in 2 weeks???? just kidding...
post #340 of 8853
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by docchak
I thought they said they won't be back until October 6th, I begin to think , the 2 weeks rule is applying here, have one ever heard of when things go wrong you call the company they always tell you it will be back in 2 weeks???? just kidding...

Good theory, but it doesn't apply in this case. (See below)
Quote:


Originally posted by Steve13
In the meantime, if you do happen to catch a signal on 35-1 it's only because they are doing some testing. So it's looks like we are still at least a couple of weeks away from seeing Fox HD on a regular basis.
post #341 of 8853
Thanks Steve, I was just kidding

I'm thankful that we have free HDTV, but it's human nature , could not get enough of free stuff, give me more.
post #342 of 8853
Any one getting WTVR right now. It is 8:23 PM. I have been getting it perfectly since I got my Hughes HDTV set. Nothing today or last night.
post #343 of 8853
No WTVR-DT here either on my Dish Network 811 or my stand alone OTA STB. I hope they are making the necessary changes in their data stream to take care of the issues many are facing with pulling in the station
post #344 of 8853
no wtvr for me either. They must be off the air at this point. Usually one of the most relliable stations for me.
post #345 of 8853
Quote:


Originally posted by oakenshld
No WTVR-DT here either on my Dish Network 811 or my stand alone OTA STB. I hope they are making the necessary changes in their data stream to take care of the issues many are facing with pulling in the station

I sure hope this is the case. Not having access to all the CBS HD either through Comcast nor OTA sucks.

Steve, any contacts over there where you can see what they're up to?
post #346 of 8853
Thread Starter 
Quote:


Originally posted by Keller


Steve, any contacts over there where you can see what they're up to?

As a matter of fact I do and I just talked to him. Over the weekend while they were trying to continue to chase down the problems they've been having, they blew out a pre-amplifier. A new one is due in tomorrow, so hopefully by the end of the week they will be back up. He's hopeful that replacing this will solve "all of the problems." I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this fixes WTVR-DT.
post #347 of 8853
Wow, some hope.

Steve, thanks for coming through with some great info yet again. Your insight and inside info is one of the main reasons this forum is so interesting and helpful.
post #348 of 8853
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the kind words, Keller. Glad I can help.

Off topic.......... Anybody from the Richmond area going on the Home Theater Cruise in October???
post #349 of 8853
Just to give you a little insight about Fox35...they have never had any kind of remote facility to their DTV system even when they were doing very low power and yes it is a FCC rule that transmission has to be remotely controlled. If you lose your remote you have 3 hours to reestablish it or you have to man the transmitter site until it is fixed. Thats been the rule for many many years. I know, I have spent many late nights working on down remote controls.

Darrell Cheney
WRIC TV
post #350 of 8853
Speaking of controls, we are having an issue with the switcher control of switching between High Definition from ABC and upconversion locally. I am working on it but have not been able to nail it down yet. I established the control about two weeks ago and its been acting a little buggy over the last several days with no reason. So when you see us in upconvert and it switches to HD with nothing or a repeat HD that is why. Just thought you would like to know that.

Darrell Cheney
WRIC TV
post #351 of 8853
I have question for 12-1..

I am trying out ATI HDTV wonder, on 12-1 and other 1080i stations, I have no problem in the early hour ( during the upconvert), but once prime time role in (true 1080i), the signal would slide up and down like from 0-90, and it causes video stuttering, no problem on my HDTIVO, or other STB that works off the same antenna feed, I do not have problem with WHRO-HD at 720p or WRIC 8-1 (720p) at anytime.

CBS (1080i), give me the same problem during prime time full 1080i, what would be the logic for all this problem? any input would be greatly appreciated.
post #352 of 8853
Quote:
Originally posted by docchak
I have question for 12-1..

I am trying out ATI HDTV wonder, on 12-1 and other 1080i stations, I have no problem in the early hour ( during the upconvert), but once prime time role in (true 1080i), the signal would slide up and down like from 0-90, and it causes video stuttering, no problem on my HDTIVO, or other STB that works off the same antenna feed, I do not have problem with WHRO-HD at 720p or WRIC 8-1 (720p) at anytime.

CBS (1080i), give me the same problem during prime time full 1080i, what would be the logic for all this problem? any input would be greatly appreciated.

You got me. I'll ask our engineers. You may want to double check your settings on your ATI card.
post #353 of 8853
12-1 was a bit buggy last night. I lost a couple seconds of picture 3 or 4 times during L&O. The sounds would keep going, but the picture would be black. Once I only lost the top half of the screen for a second. A couple little isolated pixellations showed up in a small part of the screen as well. It wasn't like I lost the signal or anything as the sound kept coming through.
post #354 of 8853
Hey folks,
Are you still experiencing audio dropouts with WRIC DT at all? I have been doing a test to see if the card I have out of the system was causing this audio dropouts earlier this month. Let me know please. Thanks.

Darrell Cheney
WRIC TV
post #355 of 8853
Mornin', Darrell.

Strong OTA signal here on 8-1, no dropouts.

FYI:, Good but STRETCHED signal at the moment on WRLH 35-1. Video only, I'm not getting any audio. Meanwhile 35-2 PQ has gotten a little fuzzy with vertical lines.
post #356 of 8853
Another reason for asking on WRIC DT is that WRLH DT is combined with our signal prior to the antenna we are on. I want to make sure that whatever then end of doing does not effect my signal integrity. Let me know. Thanks.

Darrell Cheney
WRIC TV
post #357 of 8853
WRIC coming in strong in c'ville with no audio dropouts.

Fox is actually now the strongest signal i receive from Richmond.
post #358 of 8853
No problem for 8-1, I am very happy with MNFL, I wish for now every station would broadcast in 720p, it seems to look the same to me on my 60 " LCD sony wega but it is much less choppiness and less trouble. Again, it's just my opinion.
post #359 of 8853
35-1 tonight is stretch vision 720p (keep it that way please), but there is no sound, 35-2 PQ is rather soft, sound is OK.
post #360 of 8853
Quote:


Originally posted by tmcck
WRIC coming in strong in c'ville with no audio dropouts.

Fox is actually now the strongest signal i receive from Richmond.

I watched Lost last night on 8-1, and it was perfect.

35-1 is the most robust signal I receive here in the near west end. I can't even seem to make it get multipath or anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Richmond, VA - HDTV