Originally Posted by copter
My results from Sony Reapir Center after a few days of use:
1. Lens Shift - It's actually worse now. Not only does the image still shift, but adjustment is not as smooth as it was prior to repair. I doubt they did anything here and the shipping back and forth has caused a "looser" adjustment wheel.
2. They did not return my lens cap that I shipped with my pj. It was wrapped in plastic wrap, so I don't think the lens would have gotten scratched, but their packaging was less than ideal.
3. They replaced my lamp with a new one. It works like new (as it should).
4. They replaced my fan with a more powerful one. I can hear it slightly more but it's not at all a problem. I still here a ticking noise from time to time though which troubles me.
5. I can't recall how to check the firmware version, so I'm not sure what new firmware they would have put on it.
6. I purposely did not clean out (or replace) my air filter prior to sending it to them. I figured when they went in to do their repair, they would have at least cleaned it a bit. That did not happen.
I'm obviously happy to have my projector back, but I am disappointed about the condition in which it came back to me. I'm not sure they did anything other than replace a fan and the lamp. The looser lens adjustment and my missing lens cap have me questioning their quality control at the repair center. The projector was mailed back to me in the same box in which I shipped it (my original box), but was not packaged nearly as nicely as when I sent it. I think I will write a letter to Sony Corp and express my concerns.
To enter the Service Menu, on the remote quickly click:
ENTER, ENTER, UP, DOWN, ENTER.
When prompted to enter SERVICE MODE click UP for Yes.
To return to User mode click the same sequence then when prompted to return to USER MODE click UP for Yes.