or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Baton Rouge, LA - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Baton Rouge, LA - HDTV - Page 89

post #2641 of 2949
there is some good tropo UHF & VHF Propagation going on in the area tonight.
we really need a Dxing forum on avsforum to post what far away channels that we are getting in different cities and states and post the channels here on the forum. someone in a different area of the same city and who has the same or different setup can get different far away channels. please post here what distant channels that you are getting tonight and any other night when there is good tropo UHF & VHF Propagation going on in the area. Here is the link to check for tropo UHF & VHF Propagation when the color gets red over the nearby states that is how far the UHF & VHF channel Propagation goes out to.
here is the link to the VHF Propagation map to check when there is distant channels coming into the area.http://www.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ha...ath.cgi?map=na
LL
post #2642 of 2949
here is two more link to check Tv/Fm Skip Sporadic-E, Multihop ES, F2 propagation,Meteor scatter (MS) propagation.
post #2643 of 2949
[quote=sr6c;17419109]here is two more link to check Tv/Fm Skip Sporadic-E, Multihop ES, F2 propagation,Meteor scatter (MS) propagation.
http://www.vhfdx.net/spots/map.php?L...c=&freq=&prop=http://dxworld.com/tvfmlog.html
post #2644 of 2949
The other morning I was catching KITU out of SE TX and the Lafayette LA locals were booming, but I usually get those anyways.
post #2645 of 2949
Just picked up channel 19 kzup again , still no audio.
Did anyone ever figure out why they dont have any audio after however many months now??
Weak signal, no guide data, no audio = No watch
post #2646 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispap View Post

Just picked up channel 19 kzup again , still no audio.
Did anyone ever figure out why they dont have any audio after however many months now??
Weak signal, no guide data, no audio = No watch

Never watch them either.... I deleted them from the guide. Every once in a while I punch in the numbers to see if the guide data or audio has been fixed. Not sure what the issue is, but out of ALL of the locals I've scanned in across the state and from other states during tropo times, WBRL and KZUP have been the only stations I've come across that do not have audio.
post #2647 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

Never watch them either.... I deleted them from the guide. Every once in a while I punch in the numbers to see if the guide data or audio has been fixed. Not sure what the issue is, but out of ALL of the locals I've scanned in across the state and from other states during tropo times, WBRL and KZUP have been the only stations I've come across that do not have audio.

Same here. Everyone now and then @ night i scan just to see what i get. Pick up stations from Mobile,alabama to Corpus Christi,texas to Jackson, Ms and all of them have audio.
post #2648 of 2949
we have another night of great tropo. please post what far away channels you are getting OTA tonight.
LL
post #2649 of 2949
I scanned around 9:30p.... I was even missing KATC, so nothing new here.
post #2650 of 2949
Scanned @ 3am this morning, nothing new
post #2651 of 2949
Has there been anything on 84.4 (QAM) lately? It's listed on http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun...p_web/US:70769, but my VCR's QAM tuner says it's encrypted (Scrambled Program).
post #2652 of 2949
The 84 carrier is all encrypted.
post #2653 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

-----
Replacing the transmission line that got nuked a couple of months ago I assume. I saw the filing saying they were at 100kw instead of 200kw, but regardless, they peg my meter at 99. Still curious why WVLA is in the 80's and WGMB and WLPB are 99 all the time. Not that it makes much of a difference to me since they are always lockable.

200kW was a placeholder for a possible new tower that didn't happen. I guess it's been at 20kW since the transmission line issues (down from normal 100kW). The line was fixed Wednesday, I believe.

There's a new filing for a new top-mount at 357kW.
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=0&facid=38586

New stuff for KLPA too:
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?list=0&facid=38590
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTemp View Post

88.2 (QAM) now shows a test pattern with something about LPB. I wonder if LPB is getting a new subchannel. If they are, it would probably be PBS World or V-Me.

Nope. Pretty sure it's temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

It could be a cable-only subchannel, too. PBS stations in several markets have those (OETA, WNIN, etc).

- Trip

LPB2 was cable-only for a long time.
post #2654 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

Never watch them either.... I deleted them from the guide. Every once in a while I punch in the numbers to see if the guide data or audio has been fixed. Not sure what the issue is, but out of ALL of the locals I've scanned in across the state and from other states during tropo times, WBRL and KZUP have been the only stations I've come across that do not have audio.

Re-did the antenna setup on my DirecTV box and I finally get WBRL. It's about a 15 minute process on that receiver (put in your zipcode, wait). The picture was all full of macroblocks in the 30 seconds I watched, but I'm glad it's there.

KZUP displays as 19-1 (fixed from being 20-1), but no picture/sound.

The signal meter is about 75% for both.
post #2655 of 2949
Evidently no one watches kzup ota because everyone on here has nothing but problems. When i can receive the signal, which is rarely, I get pic but no audio. Digi is the same. You dont get pic or audio. You would think if people actually watched that station, they would call the station and the problem would have been fixed.
post #2656 of 2949
History International is on 84.4 (QAM). I saw it yesterday morning. Does anyone have EATEL's QAM lineup? Some of my family & friends have EATEL. I'm not interested in FiberEdge right now since COX is better, but I just want to see the lineup.
post #2657 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTemp View Post

History International is on 84.4 (QAM). I saw it yesterday morning. Does anyone have EATEL's QAM lineup? Some of my family & friends have EATEL. I'm not interested in FiberEdge right now since COX is better, but I just want to see the lineup.

If you have video and internet from Cox, expect your bill to go up about 6 bucks a month next month. Nice, eh?
post #2658 of 2949
that was some nice tropo we had here in the south central and east part of the united states this weekend. too bad I was not home most of this weekend to check out what distant channels was coming in at my house. please post what you guys or gals got. check out what these guys got.
http://www.wtfda.info/showthread.php?t=3779
http://www.wtfda.info/showthread.php?t=3775
post #2659 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

If you have video and internet from Cox, expect your bill to go up about 6 bucks a month next month. Nice, eh?

there are three things that you can guarantee that will go up every year they are,taxes,insurance and food prices. I guess we should add the cable bill to that list. lol
post #2660 of 2949
Looks like we have some cable channel shuffling going on on 12/8. Several channels will leave the analog band and go into digital. At least the ones they are moving out of analog will be in the clear QAM.
post #2661 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSOne View Post

Re-did the antenna setup on my DirecTV box and I finally get WBRL. It's about a 15 minute process on that receiver (put in your zipcode, wait). The picture was all full of macroblocks in the 30 seconds I watched, but I'm glad it's there.

KZUP displays as 19-1 (fixed from being 20-1), but no picture/sound.

The signal meter is about 75% for both.

I still get nothing even after a rescan. My signal is about 45%
post #2662 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSOne View Post

Re-did the antenna setup on my DirecTV box and I finally get WBRL. It's about a 15 minute process on that receiver (put in your zipcode, wait). The picture was all full of macroblocks in the 30 seconds I watched, but I'm glad it's there.

KZUP displays as 19-1 (fixed from being 20-1), but no picture/sound.

The signal meter is about 75% for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino2469 View Post

I still get nothing even after a rescan. My signal is about 45%

I was getting the signal last night ota, but still no audio. Picture only.
I scan every now and then just to see what i can pick up, but evidently no one watches that station or the station would be getting a bunch of calls and the problem would be fixed by now. I'm sure the hand full of people that would maybe watch the station gave up a long time ago.
post #2663 of 2949
just checked this morning and 21-1 on Directv scanned in and is working with video and audio.
post #2664 of 2949
2 1/2 men is in hd right now on WNOL 38.New Orleans
Of course the same episode is in sd on WGMB fox 44 baton rouge
Fox 44 has been dropping the ball on hd syndication recently.
post #2665 of 2949
Now it is hd on fox44. Someone must have called the station and they flipped the switch
post #2666 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

Looks like we have some cable channel shuffling going on on 12/8. Several channels will leave the analog band and go into digital. At least the ones they are moving out of analog will be in the clear QAM.

I saw LPB2 had a scroll saying it would be moving from 23 to 122 12/8 which will be a big problem with our toddler. I've got no problem if they'll still have it as a clear QAM channel as my HTPC will still be able to display/record the channel.

Do you have link to a press release or a list of channels that will be affected?
post #2667 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post

I saw LPB2 had a scroll saying it would be moving from 23 to 122 12/8 which will be a big problem with our toddler. I've got no problem if they'll still have it as a clear QAM channel as my HTPC will still be able to display/record the channel.

Do you have link to a press release or a list of channels that will be affected?

No, I got a sheet in the mail listing the new channels. I'll scan it if you want.

They slowly chopping off the analogs.
post #2668 of 2949
21-1 not working on my Directv box again this morning. Starting to wonder if its my setup.
post #2669 of 2949
Quote:
Originally Posted by nino2469 View Post

21-1 not working on my Directv box again this morning. Starting to wonder if its my setup.

Probably the digital on 21 knocking on your door from New Orleans. Every once in a while I check 21 to see if the audio is fixed but the signal will not lock, then at other times it will lock.
post #2670 of 2949
so this is very weird. I reset my dvr to record smallville on 21-1 after I saw the signal came in the other day and never reset it back to the sd channel after I lost the picture again. So last night I just hit play on it to see and low and behold it actually recorded on 21-1, picture and sound. I tuned to the channel and still get blank screen. I wonder if this is an issue with my dvr.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Baton Rouge, LA - HDTV