After reading about the rope light, I have installed it as follows:
****See photos of installation and photos of the bias light effect, in next posts.****
1. Plasma: Panasonic PHD6UY, 50.
2. Multimedia stand: by Bello. This model is now discontinued.
3. Thomas & Betts 1 mounting base, black or white, packs of 8, $1.39 per pack; Thomas & Betts 4 black cable ties, $6.00 per pack of 100; Hampton Bay Super Light Rope light (363-150), 12', 36 watts, rated average bulb(s) life: 10,000 hours, $ 7.29, other lengths available
4. On the top of the plasma install the cable ties in the ventilation holes (keep away from the fans). On the sides install the mounting base (self-adhesive), then put the cable tie through the two holes. I used 3 combos on each side. At the bottom use the combos and use one larger cable tie to hold both ends together. Connect power cord to an outlet or to a switched outlet of your equipment. You may want to add a dimmer or a dedicated remote controlled outlet/dimmer-with the small RF remote (Home Depot has these for $27.00 and they are made by Zenith).
5. Results are excellent and the picture looks much better and less eyestrain. The
12-foot length is a perfect fit for the 50' plasma on a stand.
6. Some pictures are attached in subsequent posts.