Originally Posted by evalese
Could anyone clarify the DVD-A 192KHz/24bit playback on the 2910/955S? I've got a DVD-A that plays 96/24 surround or 192/24 stereo (Best of REM). I set up the player in video mode and see the pcm display (not dts or dd) and hear the analog surround signal. I switch the pure direct to off and insert the cd and hear the same analog surround. So... am I only hearing the 96/24 playback, or am I maybe somehow hearing the 192/24 stereo playback converted to 96/24 surround (as the 955S manual's playback chart seems to suggest). Or am I completely wrong here? It just seems to me that I can't access the 192/24 mode. Thanks.
I have a Denon 2910. Here is how I access the 192/24 hi-rez stereo:
1) put in a disc with hi-rez stereo (Frank Sinatra at the Sands, Chicago II, Yes Fragile, etc.)
2) From the on-screen menu, select stereo (not multichannel).
3) Your analog outputs will now send a hi-rez stereo output to your AVR receiver.
4) Place the AVR receiver in external mode to accept the signal from the analog inputs.
5) You can verify the 192/24 stereo playback by pressing the display button five times. This is the button in the upper right hand corner of the center joystick area. It toggles through 5 positions; the fifth being a description of sample rate and bit depth.
From what I've read I wondered if you were bypassing step 2. Hope this helps,