Originally Posted by Brian27
I am having this exact same issue now...Denon sent me the disk and after I installed it I cannot check the firmware version to confirm it installed...I too had done the multi-region remote hack a few months ago and it has always worked fine until now...after updating to 6720-D I cannot check the firmware...I wonder what the deal is here???
If you re-enter the Region Free code (temporarily removing the RF hack), then the show Firmware command should work for you again.
After you have checked your Firmware version (using the 3265 command), then re-apply the Region Free hack once again.
1. Ensure there is no disc in the player.
2. Power off using the front panel On/Off button (not standby).
3. Press and hold Open/Close, Play and Skip Reverse (I<<).
4. Keep the above buttons held and Power-up the player using the On/Off button, holding the above buttons until the player's name disappears from the front panel.
5. Wait until the player finishes LOADING and the front panel of the player shows 0:00:00.
6. On the remote handset, press in sequence; 7 3 1 9 4 6 2 8
7. The unit should enter standby mode. On the front panel of the player, press the Standby button to turn the player back on.