or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Charter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atlanta, GA - Charter - Page 5

post #121 of 356
Hi all

VOD feature on my MOXI is working.
Starting yesterday it appeared to be fully functional.
Watched a nice 'free' clip on fly fishing in Yellowstone.

Also, noticed this am some channels were not fucntioning.
Namely the Atlanta feeds of NBC and FOX on SD and HD.
Usually get this when someone is 'tinkering' with the cable network.
Maybe some channel changes/additions?.

BeeCee
post #122 of 356
I got something in the mail today saying charter had launched Universal HD, Discovery HD, and TNT HD, on channels 798, 775, and 797. And the price is going from 3.99 to 6.99 on May 27. I don't have the channels yet but assume they will show up any day now.
post #123 of 356
I'm in McDonough and have the moxi. They turned upDiscovery HD and universal hd, no program listings yet but shows are running.
post #124 of 356
Well, today Charter mailed me a notice that three HD channels are being added. TNT, Universal, and Discovery HD. As of late this afternoon, two of them are up, but TNT is still not on.
post #125 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsend1 View Post

I'm in McDonough and have the moxi. They turned upDiscovery HD and universal hd, no program listings yet but shows are running.

Here 775 is DiscHD, 797 is TNTHD and 798 is UniversalHD.


BeeCee
post #126 of 356
Does anyone know if Charter is planning on adding any more HD channels in the near future? Even with the addittion of TNT, Universal and Discovery, it seems they are still a little behind the other services.
post #127 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish One View Post

Does anyone know if Charter is planning on adding any more HD channels in the near future? Even with the addittion of TNT, Universal and Discovery, it seems they are still a little behind the other services.




I am hoping they will add PBSHD(WPBADT) on ch 784 as described on
http://tv.msn.com/tv/signup/ use zip code 30281.

When I talked with a Charter friend 2 weeks ago they knew of the
VOD implementation but had not heard of any new HD channels.
The 3 HD channels added plus PBSHD were shown on the above link 2 months
ago.

I wonder if lack of MOXI units has not pushed more HD content.

If you go to the MOXI forum you will see there are 'other' manufacturers of
'MOXI' boxes coming soon.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7546829


It is always very mysterious and with new technology amorphous.

BeeCee
post #128 of 356
Hey all,

I have read this forum often but never took the time to post until now.

I have had Charter's HD std. receiver for a couple of years. In January I was fortunate enough to hit the right spot in the supply chain and got the MOXI box. Love the box but just wish you could search the guide via a time.

In Sugar Hill here we have had PBSHD for several months, ever since Charter added Cinemax HD. I have yet to see any 16:9 formatted programming on it though. What I really want to get is DiscHD and TNTHD. Unlike the recent postings I have not yet received any notification of a rate increase and have not yet received any new channels. Hopefully it is still in the works.

I doubt if anyone has heard of the National Geographic HD Channel yet either...
post #129 of 356
I'm with Boogity, I checked last night and have not seen any sign of these channels in Suwanee:

775 is DiscHD, 797 is TNTHD and 798 is UniversalHD

I think it's pretty pathetic that Charter can offer more HD channels in one section of Atlanta, but not in all parts that they cover. I'd rather have these than VOD, but that's just me.
post #130 of 356
I guess I will have to it crow...

I went to bed last night at 1:30 am and I did not have the new channels. Then at 6:30 am I am flipping channels with the kids before the bus pickup and "BING!" the new channels are now showing up. The MOXI guide is still not working for them though.

On a side note, my neighbor ordered a MOXI box the day after I did in January. After several aborted attempts by Charter to install one they still have not received it or a standard HD receiver. They are now being told to wait like everyone else.
post #131 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogityboogity View Post

Hey all,

In Sugar Hill here we have had PBSHD for several months, ever since Charter added Cinemax HD. I have yet to see any 16:9 formatted programming on it though.

Curious that they would have added PBS as the local PBS stations are not currently doing HD. There is a budget issue as there are now extra fees from the national PBS HD and no telling when this will be resolved. There is some history in the archives on the Yahoo Groups ADHTV forum.
post #132 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogityboogity View Post

I guess I will have to it crow...

I went to bed last night at 1:30 am and I did not have the new channels. Then at 6:30 am I am flipping channels with the kids before the bus pickup and "BING!" the new channels are now showing up. The MOXI guide is still not working for them though.

On a side note, my neighbor ordered a MOXI box the day after I did in January. After several aborted attempts by Charter to install one they still have not received it or a standard HD receiver. They are now being told to wait like everyone else.

I hope Charter goes out of business soon so I can get comcast. Their HD box waiting list is unacceptable. Its not like they just came out or something.
post #133 of 356
Well I got the channels sometime between bedtime and this morning. I have guide info on all three but no feed on TNTHD yet. The other are working great.
post #134 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDisney View Post

Curious that they would have added PBS as the local PBS stations are not currently doing HD. There is a budget issue as there are now extra fees from the national PBS HD and no telling when this will be resolved. There is some history in the archives on the Yahoo Groups ADHTV forum.

I don't know about HD PBS since we can't receive it here, only the SD analog version BUT
It would be nice to see WPBADT added so we could at least view as digital.

Also to all that read here;

As a Early Adopter, I applaud and thank Charter for adding all the latest HD content.
Without them I would not have any HD content as I am on the fringe OTA.

Keep calling about the MOXI boxes if you don't have one.
They are great.

BeeCee
post #135 of 356
Well sometime last week after I posted the 3 new HD channels showed up, and now I have the guide information on them as well. TNTHD Is great as a lot of their stuff is actually in HD, but UniversalHD seems to show the same movies over and over. Hopefully they will get some new content now that it's the new month. I always love having Discovery HD though, they have some great looking shows on there.

I think TBS HD is a bit of a waste as the only program that is ever broadcast in HD on that channel are the Braves games. If they would start showing at least movies in HD, then maybe it would be worthwhile. I wouldn't even mind if they stretched all of their programming out ala TNTHD, at least I wouldn't see the black bars then. :-)
post #136 of 356
TBSHD did stretch everything for about two days, a few months ago. I guess everyone complained and they stopped.
post #137 of 356
I got all the channels promised now.
post #138 of 356
I just bought a Sony SXRD tv and I have Charter digital cable right now. They put me on the wait list for the HD box but I think I'm going to go the CableCard route. If I just plug in the cable to the back of my tv without the cablecard, which HD channels will I get and which HD channels are unlocked by the cablecard?
post #139 of 356
So how long can I expect to wait for an HD receiver from Charter? I put my name on the list last week.
post #140 of 356
I have a Sony SXRD and before I received my cable card, I received a number of the HD channels.

The HD channels were just the major networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and PBA. From what I remember those channels were like 102.1 through 104.4. If you do a scan with the cable cord plugged in, it should pick those up.

With the cable card, I have the channels above plus HDNET, HDNET movies, HDESPN, HD Discovery, HDTNT and HD Universal.
post #141 of 356
That's funny, Charter told me that the HD channels were not available via the cable Card. I might have to get one of they are for my TV in my kitchen as it has a slot for a cable card and currently just has basic cable on it.
post #142 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfong View Post

So how long can I expect to wait for an HD receiver from Charter? I put my name on the list last week.

Good Luck, I have been on the waiting list for 4 months.
post #143 of 356
Any word on Charter getting ESPN2HD?
post #144 of 356
I doubt they will be adding many more channels since we just got 3 new channels this year already. I wish they would add ESPN2 HD as I would like to see some of the world cup games in HD as well as some baseball games, but I don't see it happening anytime too soon.
post #145 of 356
Is it just me or is Charter run by a bunch of idiots?

They have no HD receivers, no DVR's, and no cable cards. They have a service (HDTV) that subscribers can't get access to. How do they plan on making any money?
post #146 of 356
It's not just you. I would drop them in a heartbeat if I could get a satellite signal (dang trees)
post #147 of 356
I did not have a problem getting a cable card earlier this year. I called them on Saturday, and the tech showed up with the cable card on Wednesday. ( This was the pre-arranged schedule.) However, I am still not that happy with Charter. Comcast ,Dish and Direct TV offer ESPN 2, but not Charter. And Charter is always the last of the group to offer a service.

Business Week ran an article on Charter in the issue of May 29, 2006 titled "Charter Cleaned My Clock". It explains the massive debt problems of Charter and the pitiful governance of the company. In particular, it takes Paul Allen to task for not doing more to the right the company. It states that he cares more about his NBA and NFL teams than he does Charter.
post #148 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish One View Post

Business Week ran an article on Charter in the issue of May 29, 2006 titled "Charter Cleaned My Clock". It explains the massive debt problems of Charter and the pitiful governance of the company. In particular, it takes Paul Allen to task for not doing more to the right the company. It states that he cares more about his NBA and NFL teams than he does Charter.

Anywhere I could see the article in full. I googled it but nothing came up.
post #149 of 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by five View Post

Anywhere I could see the article in full. I googled it but nothing came up.

google this;

Charter+Cable's+sucker+stock

note;
This is part of the article's Title

BeeCee
post #150 of 356
Is everyone still having trouble getting recievers or cards? I've been waiting over four months and everytime I call, they state that they are on backorder from Motorolla. Is there any truth to this or is it just more BS? Cable monopolies suck. Leave it to the government to allow this sort of company to even exist.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Atlanta, GA - Charter