After MUCH work (steps below) I have AIW 9800 pro and HDTV Wonder recording at the same TIME!! I can even watch a DVD while they are recording (or a previously recorded show!!) This thing ROCKS!! ATI MMC eats dust now
1) Clean install of mce 2005 - while installing it will ask for disk two (insert disk 2). Then it will ask for "Windows XP Professionsal Service Pack2" - this is just disk one of MCE. Follow through the initialization and you are ready for step 2
2) Install MOBO drivers (sound, LAN, etc)
3) Run ALL updates - including mce 2005 rollup, etc. I mean ALL except for drivers (that comes later).
Things like .Net and the sort. Reboot after each install.
4) Now you will either see ? in the device manager for the HDTV wonder or you will not. If you do - unpack the cab file I have attached and use the drivers in the cab file. For each unknown device point the wizard to the unpacked directory and then reboot after all drivers are found.
5) Install the DTV Decoder from ATI's website: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/atiCDwiz4-0.exe
It will ask you for the original CD that came with the HDTV Wonder - insert the CD and then follow the instructions. Then reboot.
6) Next get the kram hacked drivers for the AIW card from the following site:http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ftopic88674.html
7) unpack the zip file and run setup from root directory - then after the setup is complete - Reboot
8) MCE will startup and ask for the drivers - point the wizard at the EHOMEAIW\\WDM_XP directory.
9) Point the setup to this directory for all the drivers needed. Now you are good to go (reboot again just to be safe).
10) No more unknown hardware errors should occur and you should be good to go.
11) MAKE sure that the antenna cables are attached.
12) Start up mediacenter and go to settings TV and setup the TV Tuners.
13) You will first configure the AIW and then the HDTV wonder.
Hope that helps some people!
1) This will answer question #1
2) You can only reference the AIW tuner and the HDTV tuner on the HDTV Wonder (have not tried to address the analog tuner - but MCE has not given me the option anyway - so I guess no
3) I use the HDTV wonder remote and the plugin from this web site:http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm#MCE
All the best!