Ok, Cablevision pushed out SARA 18.104.22.168 last night.
I think the news is mostly very encouraging.
Here's what I can tell so far:
1) Kicked to live but is FIXED! I can't really tell exactly what they did and I don't remember exactly how it worked before, but something is different. I think if you are recording live TV and are watching live, you watch on the channel the show is on. As soon as you are recording behind live, you switch over to the DVR channel. If you hit LIVE, you go back to the regular channel. Either way, it's fixed.
2) 4th FF/RW speed at 128x. It takes about 1 minute to get to the end of a 2 hour show.
3) Play from beginning option. If you go into LIST and select a show currently recording, you have an option to play from beginning. If you tune to the channel you are recording in the middle of the show and hit stop, you don't get an option to play from beginning. I think you should there too.
4) Browser bar has the day of week, start and end times of the shows now.
5) I think the screen blanks after a while now if you pause your DVR.
6) Supposed to be some change in the overnight poweroff being replaced by a hard drive spin-down.
7) Front inputs are supposed to be active now. Haven't tested that.
Some things that haven't been fixed
1) When you are in FF3 mode and hit instant replay, then hit FF again, you go to FF4 (the next FF step) instead of FF1. It's always been like that, but I don't know why they can't fix it.
2) Can't manually edit the end time of a scheduled recording (i.e. for sporting events, you can't program it from the guide and then manually add an hr to the end).
3) I haven't checked the bug that didn't allow you to schedule 2 different all episode (in this time slot) recordings of a show with indentical names.
If anyone wants me to test anything tonight, I'll be happy to do so.
Hopefully, bookmarking and better conflict management is next.
For me, the updates in this SARA pretty much get the box to be about 95% of what I want. The rest is pretty much gravy.
I think you'll all be really happy. Call your Cable companies and push for this update!