or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Digital Recorders (PVRs) General › comcast dvr... picture in picture? PIP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

comcast dvr... picture in picture? PIP  

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
So I've had this for a few days and it's unbelievable. However, with the dual tuners... the box was obviously designed to support picture-in-picture (it's on the remote)... but what's the deal? doesn't work... at least on my box. the swap button works... but that's it. is this normal or is it just something that they'll turn on eventually... or never? what's the deal.
post #2 of 7
Thread Starter 
here's a shot of the bottom of my remote in case anyone is confused about what I'm talking about. the 'swap' button is the *only* button that makes the cable light blink on the remote and it's also the only one that the box responds to (obviously). are there codes that I can program onto these buttons or what? it seems like comcast just disabled them on us or something... weird.
LL
post #3 of 7
Do you have a dual tuner model dvr?

I have the SA8000 with the same exact remote as you and when I click the On-Off button a PiP window pops up. Then if I click Switch, it switches the PiP window with the main screen, switches to the other tuner.

However, if you don't have a dual tuner DVR then there would be nothing to switch over to. If you do and it's just not working, then either the remote or the DVR is busted, get Comcast out there.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by love4god
Do you have a dual tuner model dvr?

I have the SA8000 with the same exact remote as you and when I click the On-Off button a PiP window pops up. Then if I click Switch, it switches the PiP window with the main screen, switches to the other tuner.

However, if you don't have a dual tuner DVR then there would be nothing to switch over to. If you do and it's just not working, then either the remote or the DVR is busted, get Comcast out there.
yeah I do have the dual tuner model. when I hit the "swap" button it switches to the other one, but the picture-in-picture functionality seems to be disabled. :( I'm not sure if it's actually enabled on the box though... and just not programmed on the remote... or what. :confused:
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by smash
... the box was obviously designed to support picture-in-picture (it's on the remote)...
Are you sure? My old 27" XBR set is a dual tuner/PIP set with those same buttons/functions. Could it not be that the buttons on your remote were meant to control certain TVs that have 2 tuners? BTW, at least on the 2 PIP capable sets that I've owned, a second signal source was required for the 'other' window to display content. It may be in this case that a second output to the screen is required.

Obviously, I don't have personal experience with your cableco box. I can't even get my cableco to give me a single tuner DVR; 'still testing'. RATZ!

YMMV
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMike6by9
Are you sure? My old 27" XBR set is a dual tuner/PIP set with those same buttons/functions. Could it not be that the buttons on your remote were meant to control certain TVs that have 2 tuners? BTW, at least on the 2 PIP capable sets that I've owned, a second signal source was required for the 'other' window to display content. It may be in this case that a second output to the screen is required.

Obviously, I don't have personal experience with your cableco box. I can't even get my cableco to give me a single tuner DVR; 'still testing'. RATZ!

YMMV
you could be right... it may very well be meant to control the tv's functions when in TV mode! oh well... the box still kicks a whole lotta ass and I guess I'm just getting greedy with the features. :D

thanks guys.
post #7 of 7
that remote layout was designed to be used with both sa and moto boxes (the sa has the built in pip functionality) that's why, for example you see the a,b,c keys which are used for sa functions.

the pip is not available, at least now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Digital Recorders (PVRs) General › comcast dvr... picture in picture? PIP