Originally posted by Jeraden
I like House and have watched them all so far. My only complaint is that every episode is practically identical.
1. Mysterious illness they can't diagnose.
2. They brainstorm for ideas
3. They think they know what it is and try to treat it.
4. Turns out they were wrong, the treatment doesn't help.
5. House resorts to some controversial treatment to figure out what it is
6. They discover some new information regarding the problem that was never disclosed by the patients in the beginning.
7. This leads to the correct diagnosis and a cure
8. Meanwhile, House sees some regular patients and treats them bad.
I couldn't agree more. This is getting like Ben Casey, Dr. Kildare and, lately, 24. You know exactly what WON'T happen and what WILL happen is pretty narrowly defined.
As much as I like Hugh Laurie there's really no point to someone watching more than one episode unless you're into a Dead of Night thing (of course I do pointless things like watch every week). My wife had last night's "disease-of-the-episode" (Wilson's disease) pegged pretty early in the show.
The previews for last night warned us that there'll be a "shocking" ending. I'm still waiting. PLEASSSSE, let him kill somebody or something.
Oh, and I LIKE the Swan, for some reason. Actually managed to watch every episode and the two-hour pageant final. Still say they need a heck of a lot MORE therapy and a heck of a lot LESS surgery, but that's just me.