or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Charlotte, NC - OTA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charlotte, NC - OTA - Page 14

post #391 of 7661
Did anyone else with a D* HD-Tivo lose WBTV after a recent download?
post #392 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by yaddayaddayadda
Supposedly by the end of 2005 they plan on providing locals to the top 50 markets (Charlotte is around #30 IIRC). Of course this hinges on new satellites that have not launched yet.

I certainly hope E* has similar plans. Their SD local programming is highly compressed, resulting in a lot of pixelization and blocking. It is very distracting to watch on a screen larger than 19". This is especially true for live sports.

Does D* have this same problem?

Regards - Gene
post #393 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by yaddayaddayadda
Supposedly by the end of 2005 they plan on providing locals to the top 50 markets (Charlotte is around #30 IIRC). Of course this hinges on new satellites that have not launched yet.

Charlotte is #28 and will likely be in the 2nd wave. First wave announced for mid-year 2005 will be 12 markets.
post #394 of 7661
Anybody else having problems with WBTV-DT. I haven't been able to get a picture for two days. The signal level indicator on my Zenith HDV420 is normal, but I still get a "no signal" message. Reception of other stations appears to be normal.
post #395 of 7661
Their PSIP is screwed up.. I can lock it here with my transport analyzer..
but most receivers won't see it..
post #396 of 7661
My Sammy 160 gets it (haven't checked the HTL-HD) only my HD-Tivo was affected and only after the latest software update (maybe coincidence?)

D* was going to send a replacement Tivo, but I asked them to check it out further before bothering since I noticed n4fw's post while I was on the phone.
post #397 of 7661
My sony 300 is ok with it..and surprisingly the sylvania 3000 is too..haven't checked my dish 6000..
post #398 of 7661
Hitachi tuner works fine.
post #399 of 7661
Just got off the phone with WBTV and it's definitely at their end. PSIP generator is fried and it is not an off the shelf item. Manufacturer estimates 30 days.
post #400 of 7661
That's why we have a spare..
post #401 of 7661
Thanks for the info guys. I guess the PSIP problem only affects certain boxes. I tried an LST-3510A at work and it works fine. I did notice that WBTV-DT's sub-channels now show up as 23-3, 23-4 and 23-5 on the 3510A.
post #402 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by CPanther95
Just got off the phone with WBTV and it's definitely at their end. PSIP generator is fried and it is not an off the shelf item. Manufacturer estimates 30 days.

How could it be fried? My Sony HD300 hasn't missed a beat but my HD TIVO is dead in the water as far as the normally remapped 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3 go. I did a OTA rescan and the HD TIVO found them at 23.3, 23.4 & 23.5. Strange...
post #403 of 7661
Getting it as 23-3,23-4 etc. With my antenna pointing towards my "local" CBS station WSPA-DT in Spartanburg ,I still get a stronger ,more stable signal from WBTV.
post #404 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by hornmdt
How could it be fried?

Sigh...It isn't..if you say so..
post #405 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by hornmdt
How could it be fried? My Sony HD300 hasn't missed a beat but my HD TIVO is dead in the water as far as the normally remapped 3.1, 3.2 & 3.3 go. I did a OTA rescan and the HD TIVO found them at 23.3, 23.4 & 23.5. Strange...

My HD Tivo did the same - 90 signal strength at 23-3. We just need to manually record CBS shows for the next month or so.

Bob, did you have your coffee yet this morning?
post #406 of 7661
I guess that's why all the WBTV channels disappeared from my Sanyo HT30744 a few days ago. I was picking them up with the digital tuner off the TW cable.
post #407 of 7661
Quote:


[i]
Bob, did you have your coffee yet this morning? [/b]

Nah..remember the 7-11 commercial...Morning Fred? That's me..
post #408 of 7661
Quote:
Originally posted by CPanther95
Just got off the phone with WBTV and it's definitely at their end. PSIP generator is fried and it is not an off the shelf item. Manufacturer estimates 30 days.

Can someone post in this thread when this problem is corrected? Thanks!
post #409 of 7661
I'm having the same problem on my HR10-250 with WBTV. I've been doing some work on my antenna, so (of course) I assumed it was something I had done (must be all of that positive reinforcement from my wife )
Thanks for confirming the problem is on their end. I'll be eagerly awaiting a fix.
post #410 of 7661
This is my first post and I need help! Could someone please give me some advice? I am just venturing into this HDTV world. I just purchased the LG LST-4200A HD Receiver and I am not sure what type of antenna to purchase. I live in South Charlotte close to I-485. I want an indoor antenna if it will work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the info!!

Also, this receiver has a QAM tuner on it. I have the basic TWC analog cable. If I connect the cable to this receiver will I be able to pick up any digital or hd channels from TWC?

Thanks for any info!!
post #411 of 7661
rclwd:

Your first try if you definitely want an indoor antenna should be the Radio Shack Double Bowtie antenna.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=930-0998

and don't forget the 300 ohm to coax adapter.

I picked up both towers from Fort Mill without moving it at all. If you're further North, you may have to turn it to pick up one or the other.
post #412 of 7661
Thanks for the info. I also had someone tell me about the Silver Sensor. Do you think that this might work as well?? Approx how many stations can you get here in Charlotte? Do most people use outdoor antennas? Sorry for all of the questions!!
post #413 of 7661
Never tried the SS, but it does get good reviews. I had the RS DB laying around when I got my first HDTV, and it out performed all the other antennas at the time (even the amplified "HDTV" antennas) - none worked as well.

You'll get all the channels - ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, FOX, WB, UPN in HD. If you go the outdoor antenna route, you may pick up some Columbia stations as well. I get Columbia, Greenville and Charlotte stations with a $26 CM 4221 mounted on a mast on the chimney:
LL
post #414 of 7661
Any word on WBTV's PSIP generator replacement?
post #415 of 7661
Is WBTV's guide data wrong (Tivo and Yahoo)? They're showing Navy Seals on my guide instead of "Spring Break Shark Attack" - WSPA out of Greenville is showing SBSA on their guide.
post #416 of 7661
Charlotte has Navy Seals and Greenville has Spring Break Shark Attack.

Go figure.

Since WBTV is delaying SBSA until 2:05 am - I'm assuming it will be SD only - Glad I have an antenna.
post #417 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by CPanther95
Is WBTV's guide data wrong (Tivo and Yahoo)? They're showing Navy Seals on my guide instead of "Spring Break Shark Attack" - WSPA out of Greenville is showing SBSA on their guide.

And that's a bad thing? Actually the guide on my 8300 showed "Navy Seals" for WBTV but I'm not sure when it showed up because I had no intention of watching SBSA so I hadn't checked it earlier..
post #418 of 7661
I know, it was very cheesy - but you hate to see any HD Network programming get bumped by the affiliate and shown in SD instead.
post #419 of 7661
Quote:


Originally posted by rclwd
This is my first post and I need help! Could someone please give me some advice? I am just venturing into this HDTV world. I just purchased the LG LST-4200A HD Receiver and I am not sure what type of antenna to purchase. I live in South Charlotte close to I-485. I want an indoor antenna if it will work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the info!!

Also, this receiver has a QAM tuner on it. I have the basic TWC analog cable. If I connect the cable to this receiver will I be able to pick up any digital or hd channels from TWC?

Thanks for any info!!

Any anwer on the QAM question? Just wondering if TWC analog cable allows you to get local HD feed and whether or not it is scrambled.

Thanks
post #420 of 7661
With the Duke game on WBTV and the NC State game on 46, will both games still be in HD?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Charlotte, NC - OTA