Originally Posted by pduncan
I do think when it does come out, SED will still blow everything else away. How much more will I be willing to pay for it personally???? I'll have to ask my wife what my answer is.
Hahahahaha, nice .... yeah the wife will be the deciding factor.
Right now I am REALLY REALLY looking at the new 2006 60" Sony SXRD XBR2
I have seen the 05 model and it really has won my heart. So as of right now the XBR2 is "TOP OF MY LIST" with no question.
HOWEVER, only a few days ago I have been pointed to the new SED technology , but my dilemma is simple
a) I do not want to wait to much longer. (Christmas is my target for purchase of new TV)
b) how insane with the price be ??
I have no issue dropping $6000 -$6500 canadian (which is what I will be looking at after tax and warranty for the XBR2 on release) ... however, I will have no issue waiting a few months more to get myself a killer SED set. But I see no point waiting if the price tag will be out of my range.
I really wish I could get a "SOLID FACT" on price and availability.