or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 24 - on FOX in HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

24 - on FOX in HDTV - Page 3  

post #61 of 2322
I DVRed it last night, but was wondering if FOX 2 in detroit put their 'bright-ass' network logo in the bottom corner? I thought Halo 2 was bad. Don't want to have'FOX 2' burned into my RP-CRT.
post #62 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by danimalx
Yeah man, you're totally right. They sexed her up a little this season.
Umm, sexed up? Sure, she lost a lot of weight since last season, but sexed up? No. No, no, no. And she's still the creepiest character on the show - including the bad guys. Interesting that she was the lone holdover aside from Jack.
post #63 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by John Chu
Is it me...or do you think Jack's "plan" caused the delay and unhappy ending to his replacement at CTU?

Man--working with Jack Bauer is like being a "red shirt" on Star Trek...


Great setup so far....waaaaay better than last season.
Let's face facts, Jack Bauer is a menace to society. I would never want to be anywhere around him; you end up stabbed, shot, impaled, beat up, blown up, kidnapped, drugged, infected, incarcerated... And that's the good guys. Don't get me started with those unfortunate souls who become romantically involved with Mr. Bauer.

He is fun to watch though.
post #64 of 2322
Poor President Palmer....reduced to doing commercials!!!
;) :D :eek:
post #65 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by jburroughs
I'm the one that started the petition. I wanted to get a gauge of how many people are having the problem and to show DirecTV that I am not the only one having this problem. By all means, it is probably best to follow up with a phone call and while you are at it email Nicole Martin (customer service manager, office of the president, DirecTV). I am a very frustrated 360 owner also...I did this to put as much pressure on D* that we can to get this problem rectified as quickly as possible.
There is a DirecTV ad on the petition because ************** is a free website to submit petitions...they have to pay for it somehow.
jburroughs, did you get any kind of decent response from nicole? or just a canned answer?
post #66 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by Karnis
Poor President Palmer....reduced to doing commercials!!!
;) :D :eek:
Well, jeez is it any wonder why? Talk about your national security lapses.
post #67 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Well, jeez is it any wonder why? Talk about your national security lapses.
Aw c'mon Sangs, he just got "bad intelligence" the last couple of seasons. These days, everybody knows that earns you a free pass from the electorate no matter how bad you subsequently screw things up, right? ;)
post #68 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by Redfin
Let's face facts, Jack Bauer is a menace to society. I would never want to be anywhere around him; you end up stabbed, shot, impaled, beat up, blown up, kidnapped, drugged, infected, incarcerated... And that's the good guys. Don't get me started with those unfortunate souls who become romantically involved with Mr. Bauer.

He is fun to watch though.
:D :D That's so true! Hangin' with Jack Bauer is definitely hazardous to your health. I knew that other CTU guy was toast as soon as he walked out the door with Jack; guess nobody briefed him.
post #69 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
Aw c'mon Sangs, he just got "bad intelligence" the last couple of seasons. These days, everybody knows that earns you a free pass from the electorate no matter how bad you subsequently screw things up, right? ;)
I think the lapse he was talking about was bringing in Sherry Palmer to "fix" a problem! But of course your point about the electorate is still valid. A secretive, manipulative first lady well versed on covering up scandals, who craves nothing but power and will do anything to get it - my goodness she's Senatorial material! ;)
post #70 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by ctmooregottapee
::looking at the mpeg2 video only::
Cool analysis--thank you! Was this MPEG acquired from DirecTV, OTA or rebroadcast OTA on cable? I notice that many people seem to be outraged over the quality of Fox on DirecTV (hadn't been aware of that, since I don't follow the DirecTV threads).

I've been analyzing leased DVR filesizes. Unfortunately, I have no access to the files themselves, or I'd use MPEG analysis software on them (and I'm not curious enough to invest a QAM/ATSC capture card :)).
post #71 of 2322
This is by far the BEST show on TV.

Cannot wait for tonight.

HD and 5.1 in Dallas, TX.

WOO HOO!!!!!
post #72 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by scfa99
jburroughs, did you get any kind of decent response from nicole? or just a canned answer?
scfa99, yes I did get a good initial response...the whole response is located in this thread. It had a date she would respond back to me by (1/5 or by the end of last week). It was after the end of last week I posted her email and asked everyone to forward their complaints to her.
post #73 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by JThree
I think the lapse he was talking about was bringing in Sherry Palmer to "fix" a problem! But of course your point about the electorate is still valid. A secretive, manipulative first lady well versed on covering up scandals, who craves nothing but power and will do anything to get it - my goodness she's Senatorial material! ;)
LMAO- Great point JTHree!!!!:D
post #74 of 2322
You talking about Hilary, right?
post #75 of 2322
Well, last night we had no fox bug in the Chicago market. Tonight, we have the big old red and white logo.

BOO FOX!. At least follow Discovery HD Theater's lead and show it for 30 seconds or so and then turn it off for a couple minutes. At least make it transparent like the other networks.
post #76 of 2322
HD pic looks like fox football; below average.
post #77 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeyW
I DVRed it last night, but was wondering if FOX 2 in detroit put their 'bright-ass' network logo in the bottom corner? I thought Halo 2 was bad. Don't want to have'FOX 2' burned into my RP-CRT.
I didn't get it on FOX19 out of Cincy last night, but there is part of a bright blue FOX in the bottom right tonight...half the F and half the O - as if you are watching a streched picture...but it isn't. Doesn't appear on the SD broadcast though.
post #78 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Bigelow
Jack's back, breaking rules, and kicking butts! Chloe rules! 720p 5.1HD in Austin, TX KTBC-DT! Two more hours tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

Paul
chloe rules? how could you form your lips to say that? LOL i was hoping she wasnt going to be there this year. 720p and 5.1 was great in charlotte though :-)
post #79 of 2322
Yea we can thank fox for trying to embalzen their logo in our sets. Yea thanks fox, I want your logo in my HD set for years to come. Yea I love 24 and fox that much that I want it bad.
post #80 of 2322
I recorded last nights show and currently recording tonight’s, but I did a quick check when tonight’s started to make sure all of the settings were correct and I noticed the FOX blue bug was running off the right side of the screen completely missing the X as bearcat reported. Not sure what that is about.
post #81 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by michaeltscott
Cool analysis--thank you! Was this MPEG acquired from DirecTV, OTA or rebroadcast OTA on cable? I notice that many people seem to be outraged over the quality of Fox on DirecTV (hadn't been aware of that, since I don't follow the DirecTV threads).
it was from a fox OTA source
for fox, it should not matter as they pass the transport stream on directly so everyone gets the same feed as long as the local affiliate is using the splicer.

and i feel for you chicago-ans as i've seen that hideous red white and blue fox logo; it's appalling! the local station here does the bug perfectly, a transparent numeral 2 the size of the cbs 'eye' bug. somewhat off topic, but has anyone seen tools yet to remove this bug? if the splicer can inject it, something should be able to remove it...
post #82 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by ctmooregottapee
it was from a fox OTA source
for fox, it should not matter as they pass the transport stream on directly so everyone gets the same feed as long as the local affiliate is using the splicer.
In your post, you say "times are minus commercials". Is every minus commercials? Bitrate averages, etc?
post #83 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by ctmooregottapee
and i feel for you chicago-ans as i've seen that hideous red white and blue fox logo; it's appalling! the local station here does the bug perfectly, a transparent numeral 2 the size of the cbs 'eye' bug. somewhat off topic, but has anyone seen tools yet to remove this bug? if the splicer can inject it, something should be able to remove it...
I wish something was able to remove it, although if something existed, I believe it would be talked about on this board.

I actually signed a petition to remove them, but I don't think that it will do any good. God forbid I might forget that I am watching Fox. The bug makes me want to turn it off.
post #84 of 2322
anyone know where you can download episodes peticularlly the on from tonight at 8?
post #85 of 2322
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Aliens
...I noticed the FOX blue bug was running off the right side of the screen completely missing the X as bearcat reported. Not sure what that is about.

My FOX station in Miami shows the FOX logo the same way you are seeing it. I like it like this because it barely takes up any space on the TV.
post #86 of 2322
Thread Starter 
Another 2 fantastic hours of '24' tonight. We need two hours every week.
post #87 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike4HDTV
Another 2 fantastic hours of '24' tonight. We need two hours every week.
Some of us need a week just to recover from the one showing:)
post #88 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike4HDTV
Another 2 fantastic hours of '24' tonight. We need two hours every week.
You're not kidding!! The first two seasons I liked to let a few episodes "pile up" on my ReplayTV before viewing them. I'm always wanting more at the end of each episode. Since this season is in HD, I don't have the hard drive space to let any pile up occur.
post #89 of 2322
THe first two hours were terrific.

Then the next two hours were preposterous. As soon as Jack put that mask on, I was in hysterics. The first mountain lion moment of this season.

Yes they can't make it that easy. You have to have obstacles and hitches or else they could wrap up the main plot in a few hours. But they are trotting out a device they've used all too often in previous seasons, which is Jack having to work against the bureaucracy and work in outlaw mode. So just to get satelllite tracking he stages a robbery to delay the guy he was following?

That Muslim mother is creepy, almost reptilian with that unwavering gaze and the robotic way she gets the job done.
post #90 of 2322
Quote:
Originally posted by wco81
THe first two hours were terrific.

Then the next two hours were preposterous. As soon as Jack put that mask on, I was in hysterics. The first mountain lion moment of this season.

jumped the shark already???? lol.


i'm just hoping that a bomb would explode in the CTU center though....

all of the characters there are just pissing me off now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 24 - on FOX in HDTV