or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › MyHD MDP-130
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MyHD MDP-130 - Page 298

post #8911 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

hockey2112--

See MyHD MDP-130 Meta FAQ item D.3


Thanks, TPeterson. I guess ABC is the sub-channel, which seems odd. I was able to view Lost using this method, and was also able to run it through HDTV2MPEG2 to remove the commercials.
post #8912 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Something's amiss. I do not see the result that you describe.

I deleted the CW EPG files and started over. I made sure that all the channels had labels in MyHD.

Now the channel name and subchannel work. I had done this before, but must have not deleted the EPG and MAP files. If this comes up again, a clean install of the CW software seems to take care of it.

thanks again TP and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

*ice*
post #8913 of 12461
After some last-minute red-herring chasing, everyone is now convinced that the long-awaited "next" MyHD app. is ready for prime time. The 1.66.1 installation package is now on the MIT ftp server here.

I don't yet have a readme documenting the updates, but aside from making it easier to install an up-to-date version by incorporating all of the last year-and-a-half's bug fixes, version 1.66.1 also includes several new features. The most notable changes are a self-correcting feature to deal with the OSD palette-corruption bug, QAM channel scanning to rf 130, {Ed.: Oops, make that 135} and built-in accommodation of CW_EPG (so you don't need to add any hacked files to the MyHD Program Files folder anymore).

I know of no particular reason, besides inertia, to stay with the older MyHD applications. On the other hand, if you don't have clear QAM channels above 125, are not often plagued by OSD palette corruption, and don't use or won't be upgrading CW_EPG as it evolves new capabilities, there's no need to rush to the new version either.

N.B.: If you use CW_EPG and do install version 1.66.1, make sure to also replace your CW_Mon.exe file with the new 1.1 version posted here
post #8914 of 12461
I tried to search through this long thread for an answer to this questionbut I give up.

Simple Question:

Will the MDP-130 work in an Athlon X2 3800+ Dual Core based system?

In other words, do the drivers and application run on a dual core system,Intel or AMD or do they simply hang the system?

Thanks
post #8915 of 12461
just wondering, is there some way to force the myhd app to clear the 'use dual monitors' setting and then reapply it every time the app starts up or every time an input is changed? this would clear up this DVI/VGA lack of signal issue when the daughter board is installed since it works as a manual fix every time.
post #8916 of 12461
joe, the 130 will run fine on an X2. the only issue i think you'll find will revolve around DVD playback.
post #8917 of 12461
phuklok1--

What is the problem with leaving MyHD in single-monitor (i.e., passthrough) mode and just pressing the HD button when you want to see the HD output?
post #8918 of 12461
thanks for the quick reply... that would probably work, but since my config is separate monitors only it would need to be done every time. More or less recreating the same no signal issue now i have now, but 100% of the time instead of sporadically.

its not a huge issue, but since switching off and on the separate monitor switch works every time, it almost seems like a simple app fix. even if there was some way to toggle the setting from a remote that would have been good enough.
post #8919 of 12461
The HD button is on the remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuklok1 View Post

its not a huge issue...it almost seems like a simple app fix.

In case you hadn't noticed, we're only getting "simple app fixes" these days for "huge issues".

BTW, have you tried setting up MyHD in single-monitor mode and checking the box for "start in HD mode"? Perhaps that would address your problem.
post #8920 of 12461
Does anyone know how to get the frequency of the digital channels that the MyHD card is tuning to? When I save the channel list, it only gives me someting like this:

Name = PBS HD
PhyCH = 79
VirCH = 79
MinCh = 1
SubCh = 1
TunerInputType = CABLE
SignalType = ATSC_256QAM
Programnumber = 1
Sourceid = 1

I'd like to know if the MyHD stores the frequency for this channel somewhere which I know is 555000000 hz.
post #8921 of 12461
Yeah, it's in this table. Look for rf (PhyCH) channel 79.
post #8922 of 12461
It says Ch 79 is 553 on Ultra Band when I know it's 555. Am I reading the table right?
post #8923 of 12461
You know this how? 555Mhz is contained within channel 79 on cable systems or over the air channel 28 but in neither case is it the carrier frequency which is what one usually means when the indicate a channel frequency for TV since TV channels are 6Mhz wide. Where are you getting this number?
post #8924 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

...everyone is now convinced that the long-awaited "next" MyHD app. is ready for prime time. The 1.66.1 installation package is now on the MIT ftp server here.

I had dl'ed 1.66.1 earlier based on a previous post, and just now checked to see if the new link differs from the earlier and it does not. Same bytes & date.

In case others were wondering if they should download it again; it appears "no need".
post #8925 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post

You know this how? 555Mhz is contained within channel 79 on cable systems or over the air channel 28 but in neither case is it the carrier frequency which is what one usually means when the indicate a channel frequency for TV since TV channels are 6Mhz wide. Where are you getting this number?

I have a Dvico Fusion HDTV 5 Gold on Linux and that is the frequency I use to tune the same channel.

pbshd:555000000:QAM_256:49:52:1

I just wanted to know if the MyHD card has some way of showing me the frequency it uses.
post #8926 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post

I had dl'ed 1.66.1 earlier based on a previous post, and just now checked to see if the new link differs from the earlier and it does not. Same bytes & date.

In case others were wondering if they should download it again; it appears "no need".

Correct--no change. (I said that we were chasing red herrings)
post #8927 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by luegner View Post

I have a Dvico Fusion HDTV 5 Gold on Linux and that is the frequency I use to tune the same channel.

pbshd:555000000:QAM_256:49:52:1

I would guess any freq within the channels would work. If so 556000000 would also work for the same channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luegner View Post

I just wanted to know if the MyHD card has some way of showing me the frequency it uses.

No, I don't think so.
post #8928 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

After some last-minute red-herring chasing, everyone is now convinced that the long-awaited "next" MyHD app. is ready for prime time. The 1.66.1 installation package is now on the MIT ftp server here.

I don't yet have a readme documenting the updates, but aside from making it easier to install an up-to-date version by incorporating all of the last year-and-a-half's bug fixes, version 1.66.1 also includes several new features. The most notable changes are a self-correcting feature to deal with the OSD palette-corruption bug, QAM channel scanning to rf 130, and built-in accommodation of CW_EPG (so you don't need to add any hacked files to the MyHD Program Files folder anymore).

I know of no particular reason, besides inertia, to stay with the older MyHD applications. On the other hand, if you don't have clear QAM channels above 125, are not often plagued by OSD palette corruption, and don't use or won't be upgrading CW_EPG as it evolves new capabilities, there's no need to rush to the new version either.

I don't have the palette problem, do have inertia, don't have QAM channels and don't use CW_EPG. But I just did whack my box and am in the process of reinstalling most applications including MYHD. No reason to not install 1.66.1 I guess so here goes.
post #8929 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuklok1 View Post

joe, the 130 will run fine on an X2. the only issue i think you'll find will revolve around DVD playback.

Thanks for the reply. Now it is time to crack open the case and install it.

DVD playback used to be a big deal with me on the MYHD but not so anymore.
HDDVD's made that obsolete and my A1 is a very good upconverting player.

I just wanted an extra OTA ATSC tuner with record capability.
post #8930 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post

I would guess any freq within the channels would work. If so 556000000 would also work for the same channel.

Sorry to say, it's very specific. 556000000 does not work, only 555000000. Too bad there isn't a way for it to show the frequency and other low-level information about it.
post #8931 of 12461
You can use DViCo's utility program TSBrowser2 to discover the frequencies.
post #8932 of 12461
After whacking the box and getting most everything back up I figure MYHD kept FF and RW figures in the registry, which was lost. Can somebody post their FF and RW settings. I think I had mine set to 22 or 27 FW and maybe 15 RW. I thought that FW should be set so if one hits the 8xFW it should skip 3 minutes. Can't remember why or what RW was set to. Thanks.
post #8933 of 12461
Problem with MyHD in file mode

I am using the MyHD -130 with a Harmony remote and the only way that I can exit the MyHD and come back to it later is to set the inputs to "Favorites". If I leave it set to "File" and go back the Harmony or the MyHD remote doesn't work. I have 2 Fusion and 1 MyHD card and mostly use the MyHD for file playback. Is there a setting to correct this?

Thanks, Louis
post #8934 of 12461
I assume that you must have "start in last input mode" checked, right? I don't know why it isn't working, but perhaps you could uncheck that box and program your Harmony to select File mode on startup to get around the problem.
post #8935 of 12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I assume that you must have "start in last input mode" checked, right? I don't know why it isn't working, but perhaps you could uncheck that box and program your Harmony to select File mode on startup to get around the problem.

I have "Start in last input mode" checked. When it starts in "File" mode and I select "Input" or "Fav" on the remote I get no response. I will uncheck "Start in last input mode" and try to figure out how to program the remote to start in "File" mode tomorrow.

Thanks, Louis
post #8936 of 12461
I just wanted to post an oddity that I found today. I recently installed the new MyHD application. I did not change CW_EPG during this process.

Using CW_EPC, I normally record the show "24". CW_EPC scheduled the two hour episode yesterday (Monday 2-12) and the MyHD application recorded the show without any problems. However, I noticed today that the episode is still showing up today under the "Matches" in CW_EPC even though it was yesterdays episode and has yesterday's date.

So I looked under "scheduled captures" and the event is still listed there. So I opened the MyHD App, and the scheduled recording is still listed there as well.

So it seems that the new MyHD application did not delete the scheduled recording after it actually occured. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue like this.

I am going to post this under the CW_EPC thread since I first noticed the issue while using that program, but I suspect it is really a MyHD issue.
post #8937 of 12461
Brian, MyHD is in charge of deleting "spent" capture reservations from its list and it only does so when it's running (actually only once per minute when it's running). So you will often see past reservations listed in CW_EPG and even in MyHD for a while. This has been noted by others and the posted "remedy" is to briefly run MyHD and then exit it.
post #8938 of 12461
I check the MyHD capture again, and the former capture has in fact been deleted now. It's just something I haven't seen before and thought it might be related to the upgraded file. Thanks for the info and sorry for the false alarm.
post #8939 of 12461
I just installed the MDP-130 last night and I'm having trouble with the local Public Broadcasting channels from my Comcast cable. My Olevia 237V pickups up the 10.1-10.3 fine from the cable but these same channels act as if they are encrypted on the MDP-130. I actually have more digital channels from the MDP-130 than the Olevia 237V but these channels only don't tune in although they display the channel name and info correctly. I can get these over the air but am confused why they aren't working.
post #8940 of 12461
How does this card compare to the Fusion HDTV5 RT Gold card. Like which one is more stable picking up unencrypted QAM channels. Also, is the DVI daughter card only needed if you do not have DVI on your video card and wanted DVI out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › MyHD MDP-130