Originally posted by kmbutts
I do, however have a couple of questions that I'd like to ask you privileged owners.
1. I saw a few threads back that someone was displaying images of Amazon from the Windows Media HD Video series; my question is, in order to view the HD DVD from Windows Media, will the Qualia need to be hooked up to a PC, or can the disc be viewed through a HD DVD Player instead?
2. Would any of you recommend that I use the Monster Cable's Signature AVS2000 Automatic Voltage Stabilizer and their upgraded THX Ultra component cables?
3. Would it be better to use a 5.1 or 7.1 home theater set up for this beast?
4. Would it be overkill to purchase both a HD VHS machine i.e. the HM-DT100U and a Blu-Ray DVD player?
1. I've never had any experience hooking my computer up to the 006.
2. As others have posted, I don't believe there is a significant viewing advantage when utilizing super expensive cables. IMHO, the basic Monster brand cables should be as pleasing to your eyes as the ultra-expensive THX ones. I also feel the same way about the Voltage Stabilizer, however, YMMV.
3. Personal preference. Most DVD's and HD is encoded in 5.1.
4. You can purchase a DVHS player today, Blu-Ray DVD is not yet available.