or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Which PS2 games support 480p and how do you access it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which PS2 games support 480p and how do you access it?  

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I've been looking everyone on google for a list of games that supports 480p and how to initiate it but can't seem to find it. I can only find tidbits about a few games here and there. Does anyone know of a list that has this info? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
post #2 of 14
http://www.hdtvarcade.com/ps2list.htm
post #3 of 14
And its usually activated by holding down triangle + x during the load. It will usually bring up a pop-up screen that warns you that it is switching resolutions... then a "can you see this" pop-up after it has switched. Of course, you will have to have the ps2 hooked up with component cables in order to take advantage.
post #4 of 14
whats impressive is that the dreamcast has more games in 480p than ps2. :D
post #5 of 14
The above list at hdtvarcade is great. But I wanted to check out the list for Gamecube and all that comes up is a blank page. I get the same thing when I try to go to the home page. What's the deal? Can I get a list like the PS2 list for Gamecube anywhere else? I have done a lot of searchs and haven't found one yet.
post #6 of 14
I see a list of games when I click on Gamecube.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by RonMc
The above list at hdtvarcade is great. But I wanted to check out the list for Gamecube and all that comes up is a blank page. I get the same thing when I try to go to the home page. What's the deal? Can I get a list like the PS2 list for Gamecube anywhere else? I have done a lot of searchs and haven't found one yet.

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/gamecubelist.htm



Works fine for me.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
And its usually activated by holding down triangle + x during the load.
Is that any different than selecting 480p in the options menu, as I did in Ratchet & Clank 2?

Mark
post #9 of 14
Blkout, Thanks for the link, I got it. Now when I use the previous link and click on Gamecube it also works. I have no idea why I had a problem before.
post #10 of 14
hey im from europe and i got the PAL Version of all games and, i think so, form the PS2. How can i get the prog. mode now?
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally posted by RonMc
Blkout, Thanks for the link, I got it. Now when I use the previous link and click on Gamecube it also works. I have no idea why I had a problem before.
Maybe the site itself was just having problems when you tried to access it before. It happens.
post #12 of 14
With regards to the earlier question, some games require the "hold down the button during startup" trick, while other games will simply ask you at startup or allow you to configure it in the options menu if connected via component. For example, in Suikoden IV (which incidentally is terrible; avoid this like the plague), every time the game boots, it asks you if you want to run in progressive or interlaced mode and if you pick progressive, it immediately switches before booting the rest of the game.
post #13 of 14
And it works with PAL?
because ive read, that you cannot use prog. mode with PAL.
What about Burnout3, have i to 'hold the button' or do BU3 ask me?
And GTA:SA ?
post #14 of 14
Tekken 5 isn't on the list but it is 480p. Per the review over at Gamespot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Which PS2 games support 480p and how do you access it?